Bio and Archives
Alyce Lomax is yet another English major gone astray, having wandered quite by accident into the financial information field.
Back in the 1990s, her first job took her to an SEC subcontractor, where she handled 10-Ks, 10-Qs, and IPOs before there was such a thing as EDGAR (and when red herrings were still actually red). She also remembers Netscape's IPO when it was hot off the presses. She has sifted through news for a financial news aggregator ("Name That Ticker" being her favorite game), reported for a financial newswire, and written and edited for an investing newsletter.
Alyce spends most of her time indulging in her favorite sport: extreme caffeinating. In certain pockets of the world, it is widely known that the pop of a Diet Coke cap heralds her arrival. A resident of Alexandria, Va., she writes short fiction that hardly anybody reads ... yet. Her college days were spent at St. Mary's College of Maryland, much to its chagrin.
Recent Articles by
- 12/04/2013 - What�s That Droning Sound at Amazon?
- 11/27/2013 - Barnes & Noble's Black Friday Bombshell
- 11/27/2013 - Retail Sector Heading for a Black Friday Bust
- 11/25/2013 - Thanksgiving, Bargains, and the Dark Side of Values
- 11/14/2013 - Pink Slips or Promotions: Do Corporate Managers Even Know What They�re Doing?