• Message Boards
• Register
• Favorites
• Boards Help
• Polling all Fools
Read Foolish Books
Foolish Books
Today's Features
Everything we've written today and this week.
Become a Fool!
Why not get the many benefits of being a registered Fool? Register -- it's fast, easy, and free.

Hot Topics

Check out these message board conversations, and join in the discussion! But first, please read our disclaimer.

5/20/99
Is Buffett Losing His Touch?
A UK Fool laments Berkshire Hathaway's purchase of Allied Domecq, a London-based diversified consumer goods company with a market-losing position in the spirits category. In a market where No. 1 brands are vital, is Warren drinking the wrong beverage, or is there a donut somewhere in his plan?

5/20/99
Vanishing Bullish Arguments
Have the arguments from the Amazon bullpen started to wear thin? This contributor to the company's board thinks so and addresses 5 (count 'em) of the Amazon bull's favorite -- but "vanishing" -- arguments. Are Amazon's days also numbered?

5/20/99
Starbucks' "Great" Business Model?
Fool LeiLei13 takes a look at Starbucks' business model and gets steamed over its razor-thin margins. Does this company need to pour so much back into the business in order to maintain that "Starbucks Experience?"

5/20/99
AOL and Cendant? The AOL View
It just doesn't make sense. If I were on AOL's board, you'd have a pretty difficult time convincing me this is a good decision.

5/20/99
AOL and Cendant? The Cendant View
Sounds like too wild a rumor to have any basis in truth, even without specifying a price.

5/20/99
Pfizer's Financials, Foolishly Followed
I saw Pfizer's financial release today and am for the most part pleased with the results from 1Q99. All in all, a solid balance sheet.

5/20/99
Why Is Share Cost Important?
An engineer admits to his "soul being bothered" that the RP Valuation Strategy is based on price. Fools in the Dow Investing/Foolish Four folder offer explanations to soothe the soul of a pragmatist.

5/20/99
Oracle's P/E as a Reality Base
A Fool looks at Oracle's P/E for the coming year. "Obviously, an appropriate question for investors who are not just rolling the dice. I thought I would see if there is support for price increases. Or is the hype of the product and market the only support?"

5/20/99
More Psychology of Investing
In a continuing discussion of David Gardner's rec