Hot Topics

Check out these message board conversations, and join in the discussion! But first, please read our disclaimer.

Is a Yahoo!/Kmart ISP Trouble for AOL?
Yahoo! and Kmart announced a free ISP. Excite@Home is considering one, too. Are these companies in it for charity? Are they trying to bankrupt AOL? What's it all mean?

Why I Bought Lucent
"My best friend owns Cisco and reveres it like Mother Teresa. I thought that I would buy Cisco also. All the analysts recommend Cisco. But I bought Lucent instead. Here's why."

One Bull's Perspective on Amazon
Admitting that its current price can't be justified by any quantitative valuation measure, an Amazon bull gives a detailed rationale for remaining long on the controversial Rule Breaker.

Why I Just Bought Dell
A fool runs the numbers on Dell and finds some cons, some pros, and ultimately a reason to buy. "Maybe I'm right, maybe I'm wrong, but I did my homework and I really enjoyed it."

Puma Technology
The wireless market is set to explode, so an analysis of mobile and handheld services firm Puma Technology seems in order. Prestone finds the company well-positioned, well-partnered, and with very few competitors.

Adding to a Rule Maker Position
The Rule Maker Strategy is clear about what kind of companies to buy and when they should be sold. But what about adding to existing positions? MarkV thinks this could be better and offers four new criteria.

Rule Breaking Tech Bubble?
Looking at the numbers, PhoolishPhilip is convinced the valuations of tech stocks are out of whack with any kind of fiscal reality. "When analysts start valuing stocks based on their P/E relative to the P/Es of their competitors, it's time to run for the exits."

Parting With Cisco
With a heavy heart, a Fool sells the Cisco Kid while still thinking it's a spectacular business. Offering facts and figures, Ananda explains why he feels "the getting to be improperly good."

Buffett's Berkshire Selling Strategy
"Can someone who has followed Berkshire Hathaway over some time comment on Buffett's willingness to split with companies that did not perform as anticipated?"

Interactive TV
That buzzing you hear is Interactive TV. Is it for real this time? Follow the buzz to the new ITV folder, where the players, the technologies, and the promises are Foolishly sorted out.