Hot Topics
February 15, 2001

Format for Printing

Format for printing

Request Reprints

Reuse/Reprint

Hot Topics

Downplaying the "Network Effect"
Without a doubt, eBay has the vast majority of buyers and sellers in the U.S. But does the "network effect" really hold true, or does the competition have a chance?

Of Gorillas and TALC
The Technology Adoption Life Cycle (TALC) is one of the most important concepts of The Gorilla Game. This discussion will help you better understand it.

Scuttlebutt and 3G
After performing some Philip Fisher-like scuttlebutt, TMF Mycroft says I-Mode may be coming to AT&T, and the U.S. may be the first country to adopt 3G technology.

Field Report for the Titanium PowerBook
"OK, I've had it for two weeks, and here's what I've found." Looks like a thumbs-up for Apple's new PowerBook, encased in the same metal used in supersonic jet engines.

Sycamore's Second Quarter
Sycamore looked solid in the second quarter. However, 94% of its earnings before taxes came from interest income. Is this a problem?

How I Rented 30 Movies in 30 Days
Fools discuss how BlockBuster seems to be making it inconvenient to follow through on some of its special deals.

The Beauty of McDonald's
Why is McDonald's a superior franchise? Sometimes efficiency and simplicity win out over food quality.

New Harley Competition
Honda's new cruiser will hit the market in a few months, and it looks "real purty." Will it take market share from Harley-Davidson, or just cannibalize sales of other Japanese-built cruisers?

And the Winner Is...
Do you like gladiator movies? Head over to our Great Movies board and discuss the Oscar nominations.