Hot Topics
March 13, 2001

Format for Printing

Format for printing

Request Reprints

Reuse/Reprint

Hot Topics

Why Linux Can't Compete
"You see, computers have evolved into a consumer appliance. We know what we want, and Microsoft delivers it."

Berkshire's Insurance Business
"As a Berkshire shareholder, I want to develop a new metric that will give me a better understanding of the true cost of float."

Rambus in Five Years
TMF Tom9 asks the Rambus board for assistance in developing numbers to help project future revenues for the DRAM market, and Fools respond to the challenge.

Revisiting the Fall of Intel
RobertBianchi revisits his Intel/AMD analysis of six months ago to see how it held up and concludes that "If Intel continues to engage AMD in a price war, expect Intel's margin to decline even farther."

Tech Is Dead! Long Live Tech!
"I'd be much more impressed with the 'Tech Is Dead' call if it had been at Nasdaq 5000. It seems that someday we're all going to be pretty happy we didn't think tech was dead."

Negotiating a New Job
"It's not always about money," says a Fool on the Women & Investing board. Some workplace-environment issues are worth the sacrifice of a few thousand dollars in salary.

Penny-Pinching Parents
Growing up with hand-me-downs is a way of life when you practice Living Below Your Means, but a car-seat safety expert warns of the dangers of used infant seats.

Post Burglary Blues
After being robbed of all her personal records, a Fool now worries about identity theft creating future credit problems. What's the best way to protect yourself?

Stop Putting it Off -- Do Your Taxes!
Fools are filing their returns, and TMF Taxes is hard at work providing the answers to those taxing questions. Stop by the Tax Strategies board to pick up some tax tips of your own.