Hot Topics
April 27, 2001

Format for Printing

Format for printing

Request Reprints

Hot Topics

Mr. Buffett, Answer Me This
TMFCheeze cuts through the fluff with the questions he thinks should be asked at Berkshire Hathaway's annual meeting.

Johnson & Johnson Goes Splitsville
J&J Fools are celebrating a stock split and a generous dividend increase. There's no Band-Aid needed with this news.

eBay Scams, Part II
eBay board members are still tracking questionable activities on the popular auction site. Got any solutions?

A Sun-ny Vacation
Sun employees are facing a mandatory vacation this summer. "There are a series of possible savings, depending upon the structuring of benefits at Sun..."

Reasons to Buy JDS Uniphase
The dot-com bubble may have burst, but the Internet will continue to grow -- and JDS Uniphase may be a major part of it.

Visual C#, .NET, and Microsoft
Microsoft Fools get into a technical discussion about programming languages. We've come a long way from FORTRAN on punch cards.

Notes From AMD's Annual Meeting
dcarper attended the annual meeting, and gives his report.

A Sad Day for Webvan and Atlanta
It was convenient having groceries delivered to the door, but those days will soon be over: Webvan has shut down its operations in Atlanta.

Tipping: Entitled or Deserved?
Waiters and waitresses often get paid below the minimum wage. They depend on your tips to make a living. So, should a tip be considered an entitlement or reward?

DSL or Cable?
"I have decided to upgrade my dial-up access to something of the high speed nature. I have heard good and bad things about both services. So, what's the word guys -- is one better than the other?"

A Sunny Way to Beat Energy Costs
Fools in the Building and Maintaining a Home board talk about solar panels.