Kohl’s Department Stores Reveals Black Friday Deals Earlier than Ever – Available for Preview on Kohls.com Today – Sale Event Includes More than 500 Early Bird Specials and $15 Kohl’s Cash for Every $50 Spent
Shoppers can purchase Black Friday deals online starting on Wednesday, Nov. 21 and in Stores at 12 a.m. on Friday, Nov. 23
Cyber Monday and Cyber Week deals include 20 percent off every Kohls.com purchase and free shipping Saturday, Nov. 24 through Tuesday, Nov. 27
MENOMONEE FALLS, Wis.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Kohl’s Department Stores (NYSE: KSS ) today revealed its full “Operation: Black Friday” sales event circular on Kohls.com, allowing customers to preview Black Friday deals earlier than ever. Kohl’s Black Friday sales event offers unprecedented value to all customers with more incredible savings opportunities than ever before and more ways to shop and share the best offers of the season. Kohl’s customers can shop the more than 500 Early Bird specials available on Kohls.com starting on Wednesday, Nov. 21, Kohl’s earliest offering of Black Friday deals ever, and in stores starting at 12 a.m. on Friday, Nov. 23. All Kohl’s shoppers will earn $15 Kohl’s Cash for every $50 spent in store or online, with no earn limit, during the “Operation: Black Friday” sales event. Savings continue with Cyber Monday and Cyber Week deals on Kohls.com, including 20 percent off and free shipping for all purchases. During the holidays, every Kohl’s shopper will also have the chance to win a dream shopping experience with the “Dream Receipts”* program, in which Kohl’s is picking up the tab for one winner in every store, every day, from Friday, Nov. 23 through Monday, Dec. 24. To make even more holiday dreams come true, Kohl’s will also donate $1 to Toys for Tots, up to $500,000, for every new person who “Likes” Kohl’s Facebook page between Nov. 23 and Dec. 24.
“We know that consumers want to create a dream holiday for themselves and their families, but also need to stay within their budget, so Kohl’s is delivering great gift options and unprecedented value,” said Kevin Mansell, Kohl’s chairman, president and chief executive officer. “Our Black Friday sales event is providing deeper savings opportunities and inspiring shopping experiences in store, online and through mobile devices. We believe the combination of exceptional savings and customer-friendly policies and conveniences serves as an important point of differentiation and positions us well this holiday season.”
Kohl’s “Operation: Black Friday” Sales Event – Great Giftables at Unprecedented Values
Whether in store or online, Kohl’s is offering exceptional values on great giftables throughout the Operation: Black Friday sales event, making Kohl’s the smart choice for savvy shoppers with big holiday dreams. Just in time for Black Friday, Kohl’s will have free WiFi available at all store locations. Adding to the excitement of the 12 a.m. opening in Kohl’s stores, customers can also participate in the company’s first “Operation: Black Friday” Twitter Sweepstakes. Customers can submit a TwitPic of themselves in line at Kohl’s at 12 a.m. for a chance to win a $100 Kohl’s e-gift card. See Official Rules** for details.
Black Friday – Early Bird Deals
Beginning Tuesday, Nov. 13, Kohl’s customers can preview the company’s “Operation: Black Friday” print ad on Kohls.com, revealing incredible value with more than 500 Early Bird specials. Early Bird specials available at Kohls.com starting on Wednesday, Nov. 21 and in stores at 12 a.m. on Friday, Nov. 23. include:
- $34.99: Misses Apt. 9 cashmere sweater. Reg. $125
- Save 20 – 50 percent on select electronics
- $89.99 (after $30 mail-in rebate): Polaroid 8” Android tablet. Reg. $199.99
- $49.99: Vivitar 16.1 MP camera. Reg. $129.99
- Save 50 percent on entire in-store stock of toys from Fisher-Price, Playskool, Little Tikes, Barbie, Disney Princess, Hot Wheels, Matchbox, Nerf, Tonka, Crayola, Play-Doh, Dollie & Me and Step 2.
- $19.99: Fisher Price Imaginext Pirate Ship, Barbie Volkswagen Beetle, Tonka Vintage Steel Mighty Dump Truck, Barbie & Walking Tawny, Fisher Price Ready Steady Ride On, Mr. Potato Head Super Spud, Dollie & Me 18" Doll and Play-Doh Activity World. Reg. $39.99 - $59.99
- Save an extra 20 percent on all in-store fine and sterling silver jewelry already 55-60 percent off
- $49.99: 1/4 ct T.W. diamond bangles. Fine silver plated. Reg. $200
- $69.99: Crystal earrings made with Swarovski elements and sterling silver. Reg. $225
- $79.99: 1/5 ct T.W. diamond solitaire earrings. Reg. $250
Additional ways to save:
- Kohl’s Cash: From Nov. 21 through Nov. 25, earn $15 in Kohl’s Cash for every $50 spent, with no earn limit, in store or online – it’s like getting paid to shop! Redeem Kohl’s Cash from Nov. 26 through Dec. 3.
- There are no brand exclusions when using offers like Kohl’s Cash or Kohl’s Charge card discounts.
- Shopping Pass: From Nov. 21 through Nov. 25, save an additional 15 percent on everything in store and online (when Kohl’s Charge card customers use their Kohl’s Charge.) Subject to credit approvals; terms apply.
Saturday and Sunday – Savings Continue through the Weekend
On Saturday, Nov. 24, Kohl’s stores will be open from 6 a.m. to midnight, with Night Owl specials this year from 3 p.m. to midnight. Shoppers will continue to enjoy exceptional values and Early Bird offers.
Cyber Monday and Cyber Week – More Savings at Kohls.com
This year, shoppers will also experience more days to save at Kohls.com than ever before with Cyber Monday deals starting early on Saturday, Nov. 24 and extending through Tuesday, Nov. 27, including 20 percent off entire Kohls.com purchases and free standard shipping on any online purchase.
Dream Receipts – Kohl’s is Picking Up the Tab for One Winner in Every Store, Every Day from Nov. 23 – Dec. 24
To delight customers and provide a dream shopping experience this holiday season, Kohl’s is launching the “Dream Receipt” program, picking up the tab for one winner every day, from Nov. 23 – Dec. 24, in every store and Kohls.com. A Kohl’s shopper will be picked at random every day in every one of Kohl’s 1,146 stores across the country and on Kohls.com. Kohl’s will pay for each winner’s entire purchase. In the spirit of making dreams come true, Kohl’s is giving each winner an additional transferable promotional gift so that they can help “pay it forward” by giving it to someone else for this holiday season. Over the 32-day period, Kohl’s will reward more than 36,500 Dream Receipt winners! See Official Rules* for details.
The Season of Giving -- Kohl’s Gives $500,000 to Toys for Tots
To continue the spirit of paying it forward, the Dream Receipt program will not only make Kohl’s shoppers’ dreams come true, but will also help deliver happy holidays to deserving kids. For every new person who “Likes” Kohl’s Facebook page from Nov. 23 – Dec. 24, Kohl’s will donate $1 to Toys for Tots, up to $500,000. With a long-standing commitment to kids’ health and education initiatives nationwide, Kohl’s is excited to have Kohl’s Facebook fans show their support in providing a more enjoyable holiday for kids by helping the company give to Toys for Tots. The U.S. Marine Corps Reserve Toys for Tots Program collects new, unwrapped toys to distribute as Christmas gifts to children in need so they may experience the joy of the holiday season.
Kohl’s Dream Saving Opportunities, Policies and Customer Conveniences
From the stores to the Web to mobile devices, Kohl’s customers will enjoy a dream shopping experience with incredible gifts at unprecedented values and customer-friendly policies and conveniences which include:
Unbeatable Savings Opportunities
- Kohl’s Cash® – During Kohl’s Cash promotions, all shoppers get $10 Kohl's Cash for every $50 spent (in store or online), with no earn limit, that can be used toward future purchases in store or on Kohls.com – good on all brands and sale prices. It's like getting paid to shop! For the Operation: Black Friday sale event, Kohl’s Cash is increased to $15 for every $50 spent, with no earn limit, that can be used toward a purchase from Monday, Nov. 26 – Monday, Dec. 3.
- Night Owls and Early Birds – During special hours, Kohl’s offers the lowest prices of the week on select items or categories.
- Kohl’s Charge – Kohl’s Charge customers receive a number of exclusive benefits. In addition to getting extra savings on their first purchase, shoppers also receive Pick-Your-Day shopping passes and special event discounts throughout the year.
- Only-at-Kohl’s Brands – Kohl’s powerful brand portfolio includes Simply Vera Vera Wang, Jennifer Lopez collection, LC Lauren Conrad, Marc Anthony collection, Rock & Republic, Food Network, Bobby Flay, ELLE Contemporary Collection, ELLE DECOR, Dana Buchman, Princess Vera Wang, Candie’s, Mudd, Tony Hawk, Apt. 9, Chaps, Jumping Beans and SONOMA life + style. Kohl’s is also home to national brands including Levi’s, Carter’s, Nike, Adidas, Bali, Fisher-Price, Cuisinart, KitchenAid and more. Customers can enjoy the launch of DesigNation, Kohl’s limited-edition collection concept, with an exclusive line from designer Narciso Rodriguez.
- Shoppers 60+ – Every Wednesday, Kohl’s shoppers age 60 and better will save an extra 15 percent on in-store purchases at Kohl’s stores nationwide.
Customer-Friendly Policies and Conveniences
- A Hassle-Free Return Policy – Kohl’s return policy gives customers a quick, convenient and “no-questions-asked” experience. Customers returning merchandise with receipts or items purchased with Kohl’s Charge cards are eligible to receive full refunds or even exchanges, while customers without a receipt will receive a Kohl’s merchandise credit.
- No Exclusions – There are no brand exclusions when using offers like Kohl’s Cash or Kohl’s Charge card discounts.
- Kohls.com Holiday Gift Shop – Kohl’s has launched its online Gift Shop where customers can enjoy an inspiring and convenient online shopping experience. The Gift Shop features easy-to-shop categories to help gift givers find the perfect “dream” items for everyone on their lists.
- Online List Builder – Shoppers are invited to use Kohl’s enhanced list builder to create customized shopping lists for all things on Kohls.com; manage those lists from their desktop, tablet or mobile device; and then share those lists through email or social channels. For the budget-conscious shopper, the new listing tool offers a real-time budgeting feature allowing users to set budgets before they create their lists and stay on track as they add items. For the first time ever, customers can also print their lists from Kohl’s Kiosks in store.
- Kohl’s Kiosk – Buy, Save and Ship for Free – Kohl’s Kiosks located in all stores make it easy to shop with confidence. Customers can choose from an expanded assortment of styles, sizes, colors and merchandise that may not be available in stores. Additionally, Kohl’s offers free standard shipping in the U.S. on items ordered from in-store kiosks.
- Gift Cards – To provide shoppers with an easy, convenient gift option, gift card centers will be located near check-outs and will offer an expanded assortment of holiday and everyday gift card styles, as well as a variety of accessories and gourmet candies, including Godiva chocolates, to pair with gifts.
- Free Gift Boxes – Kohl’s offers free gift boxes in a variety of sizes to make holiday gift wrapping easy.
- Gift Registry – Kohl’s offers convenient gift registry options for life’s special occasions, including the Wedding Wishes gift registry, Little Ones baby registry and Special Days personal registry. For more information, visit Kohls.com/Registry or visit your local Kohl’s store.
Cautionary Statement Regarding Forward Looking Information
This press release contains "forward-looking statements" within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995, including planned operational and promotional activities, technological enhancements and initiatives and staffing plans. Kohl's intends forward-looking terminology such as "believes," "expects," "may," "will," "should," "anticipates," "plans," or similar expressions to identify forward-looking statements. Such statements are subject to certain risks and uncertainties, which could cause Kohl's actual results to differ materially from those anticipated by the forward-looking statements. These risks and uncertainties include, but are not limited to those described in Item 1A in Kohl's Annual Report on Form 10-K, which is expressly incorporated herein by reference, and other factors as may periodically be described in Kohl's filings with the SEC.
About Kohl’s Department Stores
Based in Menomonee Falls, Wis., Kohl’s (NYSE: KSS ) is a family-focused, value-oriented specialty department store offering moderately priced, exclusive and national brand apparel, shoes, accessories, beauty and home products in an exciting shopping environment. With a commitment to environmental leadership, Kohl’s operates 1,146 stores in 49 states. In support of the communities it serves, Kohl’s has raised more than $208 million for children’s initiatives nationwide through its Kohl’s Cares® cause merchandise program, which operates under Kohl's Cares, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Kohl's Department Stores, Inc. For a list of store locations and information, or for the added convenience of shopping online, visit www.Kohls.com, or join the discussion on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/kohls or Twitter http://twitter.com/Kohls.
* No Purchase Necessary. Open only to legal U.S. residents, 18 or older. See Official Rules available in store or at www.kohls.com/dreamreceipt. Void in Puerto Rico and where prohibited by law.
** No Purchase Necessary. Sweepstakes ends 11/23/12 at 2:59 a.m. CST. Open only to legal residents of the 50 U.S. and D.C., 18 years of age or older. Limit one (1) entry/person/sweepstakes period. See Official Rules at http://oak.ctx.ly/r/16jv for full details including eligibility restrictions, conditions & limitations. Void where prohibited.
KEYWORDS: United States North America Wisconsin