Political Powerhouses, Top Economists and Innovative Thought Leaders Take the Stage at TD Ameritrade Institutional’s 2013 National Conference
Condoleezza Rice, Erskine Bowles, Alan Simpson, and Malcolm Gladwell to address RIAs Jan. 30 – Feb. 2 in San Diego, Calif.
JERSEY CITY, N.J.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- The TD Ameritrade Institutional1 2013 National Conference keynote line-up is set to deliver insightful and entertaining speakers all focused on issues impacting independent registered investment advisors (RIAs) and their clients.
Drawing from her experiences as National Security Advisor and U.S. Secretary of State, the Honorable Condoleezza Rice will share her powerful viewpoint on today’s global world and how it impacts business success. Erskine Bowles and Alan Simpson, National Commission on Fiscal Responsibility and Reform co-chairmen will deliver candid views on current events impacting the economy. Fred Tomczyk, president and chief executive officer of TD Ameritrade Holding Corporation, Tom Nally, president of TD Ameritrade Institutional, and Craig Alexander, chief economist of TD Bank will also take the main stage to offer their insights on the wealth management landscape, investor sentiment and the economy. For a fresh perspective on leadership, TD Ameritrade Institutional will host Malcolm Gladwell, best-selling author of Blink, Outliers and The Tipping Point, for a discussion on how new thinking can lead to success.
Scheduled to take place at the Manchester Grand Hyatt in San Diego, Calif., Jan. 30 - Feb. 2, 2013, the 17th annual TD Ameritrade Institutional National Conference is expected to bring together more than 2,500 RIAs and industry influencers from across the country. In addition to outstanding networking opportunities and access to distinguished keynote speakers, attendees can benefit from more than 60 breakout sessions focusing on emerging industry trends, growth strategies, social media, operational efficiency, client experience and investment strategies. The conference agenda begins with pre-conference events on Wednesday, Jan. 30 and concludes Saturday, Feb. 2.
“The 2013 National Conference agenda offers advisors a collaborative setting where they can gather input from their peers and gain valuable perspective from the industry’s top thought leaders on the issues impacting their bottom line,” said Tom Nally, president, TD Ameritrade Institutional. “We are thrilled to host such high-caliber speakers and provide advisors with diverse viewpoints on macro-economic trends, the political landscape as well as ways to better serve their clients and run a more efficient business.”
The TD Ameritrade Institutional 2013 National Conference keynote speakers include:
- Fred Tomczyk, president and chief executive officer, TD Ameritrade Holding Corporation, and Tom Nally, president, TD Ameritrade Institutional, will offer their perspective on the future of the financial services industry and outlook and opportunities for registered independent advisors.
- Craig Alexander, senior vice president and chief economist of TD Bank, will discuss the economic and financial outlook for 2013 and beyond. This session will also include a review of economic developments in Europe and its fiscal crisis as well as a discussion about the path of the North American economy.
- Considered to be one of the most influential people in the world, Condoleezza Rice shares her unparalleled expertise on global affairs, national security and education.
- Appointed by President Obama to co-chair the National Commission on Fiscal Responsibility and Reform and co-founders of The Campaign to Fix the Debt, Alan Simpson and Erskine Bowles provide a candid, bipartisan discourse on what America’s leaders must do to confront what many see as the largest and most critical economic, social, business and national security threat that the country faces.
- Malcolm Gladwell best-selling author of four books, including The Tipping Point, will speak to applying new ideas from social science to the realities of businesses and people.
To register for the conference and view a full schedule, go to www.tdaconferences.com or call (800) 326-7507 for assistance. Advisors attending the conference can follow TD Ameritrade Institutional on twitter @TDA4advisors and track the hashtag #TDAI2013 for the latest conference updates.
Register online at www.tdaconferences.com. A media suite will be available for working journalists. Interview requests for Fred Tomczyk, Tom Nally or any of the keynote speakers must be submitted in advance of the conference and no later than Monday, January 21, 2013. To request an interview, please contact Jessica Taylor at (402) 574-6651 or email@example.com.
Journalists can follow updates on the 2013 National Conference on twitter @TDAmeritradePR by tracking the hashtag #TDAI2013. To learn more about TD Ameritrade Institutional, please visit www.tdainstitutional.com.
Craig Alexander and TD Bank Financial Group are affiliated with TD Ameritrade, Inc. as TD Bank Financial Group has an ownership interest in TD Ameritrade Holding Corporation; the parent company of TD Ameritrade, Inc. Mr. Alexander’s opinions and commentary should not be construed as an endorsement or recommendation by TD Ameritrade Institutional or TD Ameritrade, Inc.
About TD Ameritrade Institutional
TD Ameritrade Institutional1 is a leading provider of comprehensive brokerage and custody services to over 4,500 fee-based, independent registered investment advisors and their clients. Our advanced technology platform, coupled with personal support from our dedicated service teams, allows investment advisors to run their practices more efficiently and effectively while optimizing time with clients.
About TD Ameritrade Holding Corporation
Millions of investors and independent registered investment advisors (RIAs) have turned to TD Ameritrade’s (NYSE: AMTD ) technology, people and education to help make investing and trading easier to understand and do. Online or over the phone. In a branch or with an independent RIA. First-timer or sophisticated trader. Our clients want to take control, and we help them decide how - bringing Wall Street to Main Street for more than 36 years. TD Ameritrade has time and again been recognized as a leader in investment services. Please visit the TD Ameritrade’s newsroom or www.amtd.com for more information.
1 TD Ameritrade Institutional is a division of TD Ameritrade, Inc., a brokerage subsidiary of TD Ameritrade Holding Corporation.
KEYWORDS: United States North America California Nebraska New Jersey