NYSE and Corporate Board Member Event to Address Pressing Board Issues for 2013
Former NFL Stars Lead Summit Speaker Lineup
NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Former NFL stars Lynn Swann (Pittsburgh Steelers) and Ike Harris (St. Louis Cardinals and New Orleans Saints) will kick off the West Coast Boardroom Summit on February 25 at The Phoenician in Scottsdale, AZ.
Corporate Board Member, an NYSE Euronext company, will bring together public company directors and executives from around the country for its second annual event addressing a wide range of governance, compliance, and shareholder issues. Swann, now a director of Hershey Entertainment and Resorts Company, Ceasars Entertainment Corp. and H.J. Heinz Company, and Harris, now chairman of the board for Cigna Corp., will share valuable leadership tips that carry over from the sports arena to the boardroom.
“Our goal is to help board members better understand their fiduciary and compliance requirements and also enable them to play a more effective role in creating long-term value for their companies,” said TK Kerstetter, chairman of Corporate Board Member. “We are excited to have Ike and Lynn join us for an interesting and insightful look at the lessons they learned on the football field that have carried them through their careers and help them be successful in their boardrooms today.”
Other 2013 West Coast Boardroom Summit Speakers Include:
- Harvey Pitt, Former Chairman, U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission
- Glenn Booraem, Principal & Fund Controller, Vanguard Fund Financial Services
- James Johnson, Director, Ameren Corp. and Hanesbrands Inc.
- Jack Krol, Chairman of the Board, Delphi Automotive; Director, Tyco International Ltd.
- Patrick McGurn, Special Counsel, Institutional Shareholder Services
- Patricia Moss, Vice Chairman, Cascade Bancorp; Director, MDU Resources Group Inc.
- Brandon Rees, Acting Director, Office of Investment, AFL-CIO
- Dan Siciliano, Professor & Faculty Director, Arthur & Toni Rembe Rock Center for Corporate Governance, Stanford Law School
- Laura Stein, General Counsel, The Clorox Co.; Director, Franklin Resources Inc.
- The Hon. Paula Stern, Ph.D., Director, Avon Products Inc. and Rent-A-Center Inc.
The Boardroom Summit kicks off on Monday, Feb. 25 with the choice of the Board Committee Peer Exchange program or a half-day primer/refresher course. The Summit runs Feb. 26-27 and will include a mix of general session panels, topic breakouts, and committee workshops.
To learn more about the 2013 West Coast Boardroom Summit, Peer Exchange, and Back to Basics Workshop, visit https://www.boardmember.com/2013westcoastsummit.aspx.
About Corporate Board Member
Corporate Board Member, an NYSE Euronext company, is the leading information resource for senior officers and directors of publicly traded corporations, large private companies and Global 1000 firms. The quarterly publication, Corporate Board Member magazine, provides readers with decision-making tools to deal with the strategic and corporate governance challenges confronting their boards. Corporate Board Member further extends its governance leadership through an online resource center, conferences, roundtables and timely research. The magazine maintains the most comprehensive, up-to-date database of directors and officers serving on boards of publicly traded companies listed with NYSE Euronext and The NASDAQ OMX Group Inc. stock exchanges. www.boardmember.com
Corporate Board Member
Jamie Tassa, 615-309-3200 x 247
KEYWORDS: United States North America New York