Last Minute Valentine’s Day Gifting: Survey Reveals Consumers Want an Experience
StubHub Helps Fans Give the Gift of Tickets to the Theater, Sports and Live Entertainment Events
SAN FRANCISCO--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Valentine’s Day is just two days away and it’s down to the wire when it comes to planning that romantic night for you and your significant other. StubHub, the world’s largest ticket marketplace, today released findings of a new study that reveals what men and women consider a memorable Valentine’s Day experience, and it’s time for people to start thinking outside the box – traditional gift box, that is.
Sixty-one percent of women said that there are Valentine’s Day gifts that would land their significant other in the “dog house,” so what’s the must-get gift that will ensure a happy Valentine’s Day? Tickets to the theater, sports and live entertainment events come second only to dinner as a preferred Valentine’s Day gift or activity for both women and men.
- Nearly one-third of women (32 percent) consider a live event the most memorable Valentine’s Day activity.
- For ages 18-34, a live event really is the golden ticket as 70 percent of all respondents would like to receive tickets to a live event for Valentine’s Day.
“At StubHub, we pride ourselves on connecting fans with live sports, music and entertainment events they care about most,” said Alison Salcedo, US Head of Communications for StubHub. “Attending a live event can be a truly memorable experience, and many fans go this route when it comes to gift-giving. It’s a growing trend and now we’re seeing that Valentine’s Day fits right in.”
The study also revealed who is most thoughtful of their significant other when planning something special for February 14th.
- 60 percent of married men and 55 percent of single women say they would not use Valentine’s Day to plan something they’ve been wanting to do, but instead would choose something that would be meaningful to their significant other.
- Meanwhile, more than half of single men (52 percent) admit to using Valentine’s Day as a way to plan something that suits their own interests.
Additional findings to help with last-minute planning include:
- 47 percent of men surveyed want tickets to a sports event for Valentine’s Day.
- 62 percent of women report they would be happy to receive a gift card from their significant other, while 53 percent of men share that sentiment.
Ketchum Global Research and Analytics designed and analyzed this online omnibus survey for StubHub fielded by Opinion Research Corporation from January 31 through February 3, 2013. The survey reached 1,012 consumers with a margin of error of +/- 3.1%.
This Valentine’s Day, visit www.StubHub.com to buy tickets for a memorable experience for your significant other and you.
StubHub is the world's largest ticket marketplace, enabling fans to buy and sell tickets to tens of thousands of sports, concert, theater and other live entertainment events. StubHub reinvented the ticket resale market in 2000 and continues to lead it through innovation. The company's unique online marketplace, dedicated solely to tickets, provides all fans the choice to buy or sell their tickets in a safe, convenient and highly reliable environment. All transactions are processed and delivered by StubHub and backed by the company's FanProtect Guarantee™. Company partners include the San Francisco Giants and University of Texas, along with over 60 teams in the NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL and NCAA, complemented with companies such as ESPN, Tickets.com, and Paciolan. StubHub is an eBay company (Nasdaq: EBAY ) . For more information on StubHub, visit www.stubhub.com, www.twitter.com/stubhub or www.facebook.com/stubhub.
Alison Salcedo, 310-947-2648
KEYWORDS: United States North America California