Avery Dennison Unveils New North American Collection of Price-Neutral FSC ® -Certified Label Constructions
MENTOR, Ohio--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Avery Dennison Label and Packaging Materials today introduced a new collection of North American Forest Stewardship Council (FSC)-certified paper label materials. The new products’ prices are comparable with those of non-certified alternatives to drive the use of FSC-certified materials throughout the value chain.
The new collection of FSC-certified products contains 22 specifications featuring three paper facestocks – Fasson® 54# Semi-Gloss FSC, Fasson Lightweight Dairy FSC and Fasson Estate Label® No. 8 FSC – commonly used in wine, spirits, dairy and food applications. The new offering is a result of the company’s commitment to develop and offer sustainable label and packaging solutions to converters and brand owners.
“We have heard clearly from members of our value chain about the need for innovations that focus on improving sustainability,” said Darrell Hughes, vice president and general manager, Materials Group North America. “As a market leader, it’s our responsibility to produce and promote items that contribute to the environmental health of our planet. This price-neutral collection of select FSC-certified constructions is the next step in our effort to make our industry more sustainable.”
Avery Dennison is one of more than 3,500 FSC chain of custody (COC)-certified U.S. companies. FSC, whose mission is to promote environmentally sound, socially beneficial and economically prosperous management of the world’s forests, has earned a reputation as the most rigorous, credible forest certification system available. FSC’s COC certification process traces the path of products from forests through the supply chain, verifying that FSC-certified material is identified or separated from non-certified material throughout the supply chain.
In addition to FSC-certified products, Avery Dennison manufactures and markets a variety of items that provide sustainable advantages, including:
- Post-Consumer Waste (PCW) Paper label portfolio – Selection of products containing levels of PCW ranging from 10 – 100 percent.
- Association of Postconsumer Plastic Recyclers-approved label portfolio – Collection of pressure-sensitive solutions specifically designed to comply with the Canadian Thermoform Recycling Initiative.
- Bottle-to-Bottle film label portfolio – Constructions that cleanly separate from the polyethylene terephthalate (PET) flake during recycling resulting in pure flakes, the conservation of virgin PET resources and less landfill waste.
- Fasson® Wash-Off label portfolio – Labels which can be removed from bottles with no adhesive residue. The labels are washed off in conventional bottle washers, utilizing the existing infrastructure and washing process.
- MultiCycle™– Two-layer label construction which allows a label to last for more than 30 wash cycles, resulting in a 95 percent reduction in the amount of label material going to landfill over the life of the bottle.
- TurnLock™Laminating System – One-roll durable, protected graphics labeling solution that reduces material costs by 30 percent. Currently, protected graphics are produced with two rolls of material.
About Avery Dennison
Avery Dennison (NYSE: AVY ) is a global leader in labeling and packaging materials and solutions. The company’s applications and technologies are an integral part of products used in every major market and industry. With operations in more than 50 countries and 30,000 employees worldwide, Avery Dennison serves customers with insights and innovations that help make brands more inspiring and the world more intelligent. Headquartered in Pasadena, California, the company reported sales from continuing operations of $6 billion in 2012. Learn more at www.averydennison.com.
©2013 Avery Dennison Corporation. All rights reserved. Avery Dennison, Fasson and all other Avery brands, product names, codes and service program terms are trademarks of Avery Dennison Corporation. All other brands and product names are trademarks of their respective owners.
Avery Dennison Label and Packaging Materials – North America
Mark Bouffard, +1 440-534-4846
KEYWORDS: United States North America Ohio