National Office Furniture Announces $25,000 Gift of Inspiration Healthcare Winner
This marks National’s 8 th Gift of Inspiration Winner totaling $185,000 to Healthcare and Education Organizations
JASPER, Ind.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- National Office Furniture, a brand unit of Kimball International, Inc. (Nasdaq: KBALB ) , is pleased to announce that Sts. Mary & Elizabeth Hospital, part of KentuckyOne Health, in Louisville, Kentucky, is the winner of its fourth Annual $25,000 Gift of Inspiration for Healthcare. Sts. Mary & Elizabeth Hospital is the eighth recipient of National’s Gift of Inspiration with a total of $185,000 donated to healthcare and education organizations since the program’s inception in 2009.
From left, Angie Schuch, Director of Product & Marketing; Lisa Defreese, District Sales Manager; Kevin Taney, Division Sales Manager; Bob Rohlman, Vice President of Sales; Jennifer Nolan, Sts. Mary & Elizabeth Hospital President; Eric Fulcher, MD, Emergency Department Medical Director; and Shawn Bishop, Emergency Department Director. (Photo: Business Wire)
The $25,000 gift will help fund the expansion and renovation of the emergency department at the hospital, a critical safety net that makes a life and death difference every day for the people of south Louisville. The hospital’s emergency team saw more than 48,000 patients last year—even though it was originally designed to see about 12,000.
“We are honored to be this year’s recipient of the Gift of Inspiration Award,” said Jennifer Nolan, president, Sts. Mary & Elizabeth Hospital. “This funding to aid the expansion and renovation of our emergency department will bring dramatic improvements in the comfort and satisfaction of the patients, families and caregivers that we treat.”
“From healing gardens and cancer centers to children advocacy programs and now emergency rooms, the Gift of Inspiration has touched all aspects of healthcare in enhancing facilities and programs. Access to quality care is so important for building more vibrant, stronger communities, so we’re extremely proud to help support the future of Sts. Mary & Elizabeth Hospital,” said Bob Rohlman, Vice President of Sales, National Office Furniture.
About the Gift of Inspiration Program
Drawing upon knowledge from serving key customer markets of education and healthcare, National Office Furniture started its Gift of Inspiration program in 2009 to enable opportunities for educators and healthcare providers to enrich lives and communities. National wanted to do its part in supporting educators, students, caregivers, and care recipients with a chance to provide inspirational, meaningful programs, especially as funding for these important initiatives has been challenged in recent years. National’s program allows the company to give back to these markets with financial gifts that may be used for technology needs, scholarships, enrichment and development programs, or facility enhancements. National has awarded eight Gifts of Inspiration to education and healthcare organizations totaling $185,000 in donations since the program’s inception.
Previous Gift of Inspiration Winners
- 2012 - $25,000 Gift of Inspiration for Education Environments: Wright State University, Dayton, Ohio. Wright State University used the funds to boost sustainability efforts and programs on campus for projects such as expanding the campus food gardens, recycling programs, and community service tutoring programs.
- 2012 - $25,000 Gift of Inspiration for Healthcare Environments: Howard Phillips Center, Orlando, Florida. The Howard Phillips Center used the donation to support services provided by the Orange County Children's Advocacy Center, which is a sanctuary for child abuse victims where professionals work through the cases from investigation to counseling to healing.
- 2011 - $25,000 Gift of Inspiration for Education Environments: Brandeis University, Waltham, Massachusetts. Brandeis University used the money to boost its Student Sustainability Fund where students propose projects and have already implemented several to green their campus.
- 2011 - $25,000 Gift of Inspiration for Healthcare Environments: Good Samaritan Hospitals and Clinics, Corvallis, Oregon. The Regional Cancer Center used the funds to support patients and families with a variety of services such as onsite lodging for patients and families and assistance in the form of gas cards, groceries and utility bill payments.
- 2010 - $25,000 Gift of Inspiration for Education Environments: Hill College of Hillsboro, Texas. Hill College started its “Building Pathways of Success” scholarship program for students who are the first in their family to attend college.
- 2010 - $25,000 Gift of Inspiration for Healthcare Environments: University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics, Madison, Wisconsin. UWHC used the donation to develop outdoor healing initiatives, including a healing garden and walking paths.
- 2009 - $10,000 Gift of Inspiration for Education Environments: Southwest Middle School of Savannah, Georgia. SMS utilized the funds to start a “Second Chance” mentoring and after school program for at-risk students.
About National Office Furniture
National Office Furniture, a brand unit of Kimball International, Inc. (Nasdaq: KBALB ) , is a Jasper, Indiana-based manufacturer of high-quality office furnishings. Since 1980, National has built a reputation for excellence with stylish furniture of exceptional value; a dedication to personalized service; product designs that reflect a passion for the user’s comfort and productivity; and a commitment to environmental responsibility. For more information about National and its products, visit: www.NationalOfficeFurniture.com
About Sts. Mary & Elizabeth Hospital
Sts. Mary & Elizabeth Hospital, a part of KentuckyOne Health, is a 298-bed, full-service hospital founded by the Sisters of Charity of Nazareth in 1874. SMEH offers a full range of vascular, orthopaedic, cardiac, medical imaging, surgical and emergency services, a wound healing center, sleep disorders center and has three medical plazas on campus to provide office space for a wide array of physicians representing a number of specialties. Additionally, SMEH is home to Jewish Bariatric Care, the region’s only weight-loss management program utilizing the Lap-Band® System and The Women’s Center, a state-of-the-art diagnostic facility specifically for women.
About Kimball International
Recognized with a reputation for excellence, Kimball International is committed to a high performance culture that values personal and organizational commitment to quality, reliability, value, speed, and ethical behavior. Kimball employees know they are part of a corporate culture that builds success for Customers while enabling employees to share in the Company’s success through personal, professional and financial growth.
Kimball International, Inc. provides a variety of products from its two business segments: the Electronic Manufacturing Services segment and the Furniture segment. The Electronic Manufacturing Services segment provides engineering and manufacturing services which utilize common production and support capabilities to a variety of industries globally. The Furniture segment provides furniture for the office and hospitality industries sold under the Company's family of brand names.
National Office Furniture
Nick Blessinger, Marketing Communication Manager, 812-481-6589
Martin Vaught, Director of Public Relations, 812-482-1600
KEYWORDS: United States North America Indiana Kentucky