New U.S. Bank Tool FlexControl Helps Credit Card Customers Take Control of Their Finances
Ranked #1 by Keynote, U.S. Bank continues to enhance credit card website experience
MINNEAPOLIS--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- U.S. Bank customers can now use a free online tool that puts them in control of their credit card payments and avoid interest charges. The FlexControl™ tool allows cardholders to choose which kinds of purchases to pay in full, how quickly to pay down balances, and to choose a payment due date and payment frequency that best fits their finances.
The introduction of the FlexControl tool continues U.S. Bank’s commitment to enhancing its online service. Earlier this year, U.S. Bank earned a #1 rating from Keynote for its offering to prospective credit card customers.
“We conducted extensive research and customers told us repeatedly that now, more than ever, they want tools to help manage their finances and, as a result, U.S. Bank is now providing new features that deliver flexible options for managing their credit card payments,” said Cliff Cook, chief marketing officer at U.S. Bank Retail Payment Services.
- New payment options that include FlexControl Essentials, where cardholderscan save interest by automatically paying off everyday purchases in full each month.For cardholders looking to pay down a balance, FlexControl Accelerator can help with monthly fixed payment options to help meet their goals. And, certain payment options can now be paid either monthly or weekly, allowing cardholders to picka payment frequency that works best for them.
- Cardholders can select a Payment Due Date within their billing cycle that fits with their finances, to help avoid unnecessary interest charges or late payment fees.
- Expanded Account Access gives cardholdersaccess to all their U.S. Bank accounts from a U.S. Bank ATM, using just one PIN.
- Account Alerts help cardholders track their finances and prevent fraud with text message or email alerts for card charges, payments, balances and more.
FlexControl is a free service available to U.S. Bank cardmembers. To learn more, go to www.usbank.com/flexcontrol.
For the second year in a row, U.S. Bank has ranked #1 for overall online customer experience for credit card prospects in a recent study by Keynote Competitive Research, the industry analysis group of Keynote, the global leader in Internet and mobile cloud testing and monitoring.
“U.S. Bank is making investments in our digital channels to ensure both prospects and customers have a very satisfying experience, whether they are on desktop or mobile devices,” said Jody Bhagat, head of online sales, marketing, and user experience at U.S. Bank. “We're pleased to see that our ongoing enhancements intended to make it easy for consumers to do business with U.S. Bank are making a difference and being recognized.”
U.S. Bank was one of eight card issuers analyzed by Keynote survey participants. More than 1,800 prospective customers in the United States reviewed the sites of credit card issuers with which they had no prior relationship, as if they were shopping for a personal credit card. They evaluated the homepage and what they could accomplish there, then tested the process of applying for a card to evaluate how long it would take to receive it if the application was submitted.
About U.S. Bank
U.S. Bancorp (NYSE: USB ) , with $355 billion in assets as of March 31, 2013, is the parent company of U.S. Bank, the 5th largest commercial bank in the United States. The company operates 3,080 banking offices in 25 states and 5,056 ATMs and provides a comprehensive line of banking, brokerage, insurance, investment, mortgage, trust and payment services products to consumers, businesses and institutions. Visit U.S. Bancorp on the web at www.usbank.com.
Teri Charest, U.S. Bank Public Relations
(612) 303-0732, email@example.com
KEYWORDS: United States North America Minnesota