Savvy and Stunning: New Dell Latitude Ultrabooks and Laptops Offer World’s Best Security and Manageability Combined with Seductive Design
- Dell unveils Latitude 7000 Series, a sleek line of business-class Ultrabooks for elite mobility
- New Latitude 5000 Series laptops offer organizations of all sizes best-in-class security and manageability
- New Latitude 3000 Series offers reliable, affordable essential business computing
- Durable, portfolio-wide touch display options at every price opens Windows 8 for business
BEIJING--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Dell today unveiled the newest additions to its secure, manageable and reliable line of commercial PCs: the Latitude 7000 Series Ultrabooks, Latitude 5000 Series and Latitude 3000 Series laptops. With this new suite, Dell balances sophisticated design, quality construction and uncompromised durability to offer businesses of all sizes a wide variety of solutions. The Latitude 7000, 5000, and 3000 Series are available with touch display options, leading the way for business touch devices that enable better interaction with customers, enhanced student engagement, improved patient care, and collaboration among knowledge workers.
“These exciting new additions to the Latitude line provide our commercial customers what they’ve been asking for by bringing touch capability to the workspace at desirable price points,” said Kirk Schell, vice president, commercial computing group at Dell. “The new Latitude 7000 Series builds on the success of the award-winning XPS and Latitude 6430u to redefine the corporate laptop, complete with security, manageability, reliability and beautiful design. And with the Latitude 5000 and 3000 Series, we’ve addressed the needs of today’s dynamic workforce by enabling easy entry into business-class computing.”
Most Secure and Most Manageable with Outstanding Reliability
Dell offers the world’s most secure commercial laptops and the Latitude 12 and 14 7000 Series are the world’s most secure Ultrabooks, with best-in-class Dell Data Protection solutions, comprehensive encryption with Dell Data Protection| Encryption and advanced authentication and leading-edge malware prevention with Dell Data Protection| Protected Workspace. Engineered to help save IT time and money, Dell offers the industry’s most manageable commercial PCs with exclusive Intel vPro extensions for remote BIOS management and hard drive wipe, even when systems are powered off, paired with Dell automated tools and utilities for easily deploying, monitoring and updating systems.
Dell’s passion for reliability is epitomized by the Latitude commercial PC family. Each Latitude Ultrabook and laptop are crafted using the best materials: brushed aluminum, reinforced magnesium alloy, strong steel hinges, woven carbon fiber, durable powder-coated underside, spill-resistant keyboards and LCD seals. Additionally, all Dell touch-enabled displays offer optimal viewing experiences, touch sensitivity, brightness and durability. The Latitude 7000, 5000 and 3000 Series touch displays offer Corning® Gorilla® Glass NBT™ for up to 10 times higher scratch resistance1 compared to soda lime glass which is the predominant material used in laptop screens throughout the industry. Latitude laptops also come armed with StrikeZone™ shock absorbers, Fast Response Free-Fall sensors and rubber hard drive isolation. For the previous three product generations, the Latitude family has outperformed its competition in third-party durability testing, known as MIL-STD 810G.
New Latitude 7000, 5000, and 3000 Series: Secure, Manageable, Reliable…and Beautiful
The sleek and powerful Latitude 7000 Series are the most secure and manageable Ultrabooks, with outstanding reliability, and epitomize mobility at its finest with business-class style. Touted as the Ultrabook to be loved by IT professionals and end-users alike, and powered by Intel ultra-low voltage processors, these thin, light and beautiful Ultrabooks completely redefine the corporate laptop.
The Dell Latitude 7000 Series Ultrabooks are:
- Made to move, with the 12-inch model starting at just 20 millimeters thin and 1.3kilograms (2.99 pounds)2
- Easy for IT to manage with exceptional integrated management capabilities including Dell-unique Intel vPro extensions and automated tools that plug into Microsoft System Center and Dell KACE
- The world’s most secure Ultrabookswith best-in-class endpoint security solutions that include comprehensive encryption, advanced authentication and leading-edge malware protection from a single source, and featuring the highest level of FIPS 140-2 (level 3) certification for system disk encryption
- Designed for reliability, passing rigorous third-party durability testing and crafted with premium materials such as aluminum, a Tri-metal chassis and Corning Gorilla Glass NBT for scratch and damage resistance and optimal brightness
- The only corporate Ultrabook designed to be backwards compatible with existing Latitude E-family docks
- Available with innovative WiGig wireless docking, making Dell Ultrabooks the first and only that let you connect your display and other peripherals without messy cords
Complementing the Dell Latitude 7000 Series Ultrabooks are the new Latitude 5000 and 3000 Series laptops, designed to help businesses of all sizes adopt secure, manageable and reliable notebooks. The Latitude 14 and Latitude 15 5000 Series are designed to meet most workforce needs with 14.1-inch or 15.6-inch display options and other key features, such as:
- Reliable mobile productivity with up to Intel Core i7 ultra low voltage processors for extended battery life, a discrete graphics option for more processing power and a higher quality visual experience, and SSD or Performance Solid State Hybrid Drive options
- Corning Gorilla Glass NBT on the touch displays for scratch and damage resistance and optimal brightness
- Mobile broadband, Bluetooth and Wireless LAN options for mobility and connectivity virtually anywhere, and an HD webcam and microphone array for efficient, anywhere collaboration
- Compatible with Latitude E-family docking designed to connect seamlessly with award-winning Dell monitors, wireless keyboard and mouse
The Latitude 3000 Series is Dell’s newest line of entry-level commercial laptops for education and small business customers. The Latitude 14 and 15 3000 Series laptops offer:
- Durable and reliable chassis that have undergone Highly Accelerated Life Testing, including hinge testing, keyboards and shocks
- 4th Generation Intel Core processors with Turbo Mode for fast data processing
- Business class discrete graphics with up to 2GB3 video memory for more processing power and a higher quality visual experience
- Thin (21 to 25mm) and light (starting at 4.3lbs / 2.0kg)2 design for great mobility
- Choice of 14-inch and 15.6-inch Anti-Glare LCD for comfortable visualization and optional touch displays
- Integrated microphone and HD Webcam for remote collaboration and interaction
Pricing and Availability
The Dell Latitude 7000 Series begins at $1,049 USD and is available worldwide today with touch-enabled systems available September 12, 2013. The Latitude 3000 Series begins at $599 USD and is also available on September 12, 2013. The Latitude 5000 Series will be available in October 2013.
“Corning developed Gorilla Glass NBT specifically to help protect today’s newest touch-enabled notebook displays from scratches and other damage that comes from everyday swiping, gripping, tapping, and cleaning. Compared to today’s legacy soda lime glass, with Gorilla Glass NBT, we are able to offer our customers 8 to 10 times higher scratch resistance1,” said James R. Steiner, senior vice president and general manager, Corning Specialty Materials. “We are proud to work with Dell, extending these exceptional capabilities to Dell’s Latitude line of touch-enabled PCs.”
“Dell Latitude Ultrabooks not only meet our needs, but Dell exceeded our expectations with the time and money we saved using Dell’s Managed Deployment Services. When we decided to transition to a new ‘Activity Based Working Environment’ without fixed desks and a more agile staff, we needed to replace our old desktops and laptops with a lightweight, portable solution that gives staff access to applications and data on demand, and fits the cutting edge design of our new building. Originally, we looked at traditional laptops, but we were so impressed with the design, build quality, size, weight and performance of the Dell Latitude 6430u Ultrabooks that we replaced our entire fleet of computers with these systems instead,” said David Jackson, Manager Information Technology at Cardinia Shire Council in Australia.
1 Based on scratch and durability tests performed by Corning Incorporated.
2 Weights vary depending on configuration and manufacturing variability.
3 GB means 1 billion bytes and TB equals 1 trillion bytes; significant system memory may be used to support graphics, depending on system memory size and other factors.
Dell is a trademark of Dell Inc. Dell disclaims any proprietary interest in the marks and names of others.
Kristie Taylor, 512-506-0233
KEYWORDS: United States Asia Pacific North America China Texas