At The Motley Fool, we know our readers like to be informed. Here's a quick look at today's most relevant financial news, boiled down to what you need to know. In today's video, we cover the following:
- Alcoa (NYSE: AA ) plans to cut its smelting capacity by 12% and permanently close some facilities.
- Boeing (NYSE: BA ) fell behind rival Airbus in last year's jet sales. However, new commitments for Boeing's updated 737 MAX should lift the company to new heights in 2012.
- Barnes & Noble (NYSE: BKS ) is considering a spinoff of its Nook e-reader business. The struggling company hopes the move will help boost the Nook's 13% market share among e-readers, which badly lags Amazon's (Nasdaq: AMZN ) 67% share.
So there you have it -- the top financial stories of the day. If you're interested in getting all the news and commentary on these stocks, sign up for My Watchlist -- it's free!
- Add Barnes & Noble to My Watchlist.
- Add Boeing to My Watchlist.
- Add Amazon.com to My Watchlist.
- Add Alcoa to My Watchlist.