February 21, 2012
At The Motley Fool, we know our readers like to be informed. Here's a quick look at today's most relevant financial news, boiled down to what you need to know. In today's video, we cover the following:
- Wynn Resorts (Nasdaq: WYNN ) plans to forcibly buy out Japanese gambling tycoon Kazuo Okada's 20% stake in two Macau casinos.
- Home Depot (NYSE: HD ) delivered fourth-quarter earnings that beat estimates.
- Kraft (NYSE: KFT ) posted earnings in line with analysts' expectations but reported lower gross margins.
- RadioShack (NYSE: RSH ) reported earnings of $0.12 per diluted share, while inventories rose compared to the same quarter a year earlier.
- Medtronic (NYSE: MDT ) saw quarterly profit climb 1.2% on stronger demand for pacemakers.
It isn't always easy to know which stocks will outperform and which will fizzle. Luckily, some of The Motley Fool's brightest analysts have done the hard work for you. Click here for instant access to this free report titled "The Stocks Only The Smartest Investors Are Buying." The report reveals why even Warren Buffet is interested in these stocks and how you can make money from them.