2 Minutes of Hate: Banks, Netflix, Dow 13,000

The following video is part of our "Motley Fool Conversations" series, in which Dayana Yochim and Alison Southwick discuss topics across the investing world. Dayana Yochim and Alison Southwick spend 130 seconds highlighting the lowlights in business and Wall Street. What's raising shareholder's ire this week? Bank of America’s (NYSE: BAC  ) bold new fees, Netflix's (Nasdaq: NFLX  ) slimmer movie lineup, and a lot of hot air about the Dow Jones Industrial Average (INDEX: ^DJI  ) hitting 13,000.

Every now and again, we come across a stock that has us so excited we can hardly contain our investing enthusiasm. We've uncovered one such pick with so much promise that we've dubbed it "The Motley Fool's Top Stock for 2012." We've created a special free report for investors to uncover this soon-to-be rock star. The report highlights a company that is revolutionizing commerce in Latin America, and you can get instant access to the name of this company by clicking here to download it now.

Alison Southwick has no positions in the stocks mentioned above. Dayana Yochim has no positions in the stocks mentioned above. The Motley Fool owns shares of Bank of America. Motley Fool newsletter services recommend Netflix. Try any of our Foolish newsletter services free for 30 days. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.

• Report this Comment On March 06, 2012, at 12:44 PM, tgauchat wrote:

EVERYONE should stop complaining about Bank fees and move their money to a member benefits Credit Union. Anything else just rewards the bad behavior of the Banks and is just laziness. Even smaller banks are not good because the big Banks will buy them.

• Report this Comment On March 06, 2012, at 1:32 PM, TMFBane wrote:

That's such a funny title for the series! I wish I thought of that.

• Report this Comment On March 06, 2012, at 2:28 PM, TMFLegendPhoenix wrote:

I also hate SKORTS!

• Report this Comment On March 06, 2012, at 2:35 PM, TMFKopp wrote:

Hilarious!

Matt

• Report this Comment On March 06, 2012, at 11:32 PM, Clint35 wrote:

Loved the part about Netflix. That was hilarious.

• Report this Comment On March 06, 2012, at 11:49 PM, joshuajocko wrote:

Alison was one of my best friends in high school! I'm so proud...

I hate that I accidentally twice clicked the supernova ad cleverly hyperlinked everywhere behind all the other content on this page. I like to click on the margins to let me scroll down a page.

I also hate that I don't get to see you every day like old times, Alison! (sobbing)

Also Rick Santorum, I hate Rick Santorum! He'd love to impose religious law on the whole country. Scary man...

Does Netflix still have Candy Stripe Nurses? That's all I need!

• Report this Comment On March 07, 2012, at 7:07 AM, 1chumpchange wrote:

i hate all the pump and dump scams out there! can't anybody be honest these days?

• Report this Comment On March 07, 2012, at 9:22 AM, TMFBreakerRob wrote:

LOL.....great job, ladies! Hope you're back soon. :)

And yeah, I agree with the first comment >> We've been with our credit union for years and have zero to complain about. I figure the only reasons people complain about the banks (instead of DOING something about it) is:

a) ignorance of credit unions

b) laziness. Don't want to make changes

Time to set up an account with your CU folks and give your lovely bank the boot!

We have no fees, we get an interest rate rebate every year on our loans, they've extended our mortgage & home equity loans at extremely favorable rates. It's like banking with your family.... but with less hassle and eye-rolling. LOL

DocumentId: 1801379, ~/Articles/ArticleHandler.aspx, 4/20/2014 10:47:17 AM