Watch stocks you care about
The single, easiest way to keep track of all the stocks that matter...
Your own personalized stock watchlist!
It's a 100% FREE Motley Fool service...
On Monday, Israeli defense contactor Elbit Systems (NASDAQ: ESLT ) announced that it has won a series of contracts from Israel's Ministry of Defense worth a combined $315 million. Specifically, the company will:
- Sell an unspecified number of its Hermes 900 unmanned aircraft systems over the course of three years, and provide maintenance services for eight, worth a combined $90 million.
- Sell electronic warfare systems used by Israeli Air Force (IAF) F-15 and F-16 fighter jets and Israeli Navy Missile Vessels over four years, also worth $90 million.
- Provide avionics and battle management systems, and also virtual training and related services to the IAF, worth $75 million over a six-year period.
- Provide the Israel Defense Forces with mortar systems, worth $35 million over six years.
- Supply advanced observation and long-range target acquisition systems, worth $25 million over three years.
Shares of Elbit are up 2.9% on the news at $39.56.