4 Reasons the PlayStation 4 Will Be A Holiday Mega-Hit

This holiday will see the next evolution in the video game market. With the introduction of the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, the next round of consoles will provide not only the most advanced graphics ever seen in video games, but will also become a central feature of home entertainment.

Yet, while Microsoft saw huge gains after the Xbox 360's launch, its gotten off to a rocky start this generation. So far, a growing amount of evidence points to Sony dominating this holiday season. Evidence from not only Sony itself, but retailer GameStop points to the PS4 having a blow-out holiday season.

To see a full run-down of why the PS4 is set to be a holiday megahit, just click on the slideshow below. Also, if you're wondering how to score huge profits across the next decade of technology next-generation video game consoles will launch into, we've created a free report called "Who Will Win the War Between the 5 Biggest Tech Stocks?" To grab a copy of this report, simply click here -- it's free!

• Report this Comment On August 24, 2013, at 8:04 PM, Zatannux wrote:

The media is really F***ing with gamers right now. No one gains with all this fighting, lets all just chill-out and stop biting on this fan-boy bait. Buy your favorite brand and be done with it.

• Report this Comment On August 24, 2013, at 8:14 PM, k959 wrote:

I find it funny as hell 2 weeks ago it was xbox one was going to dominate the ps4 now its ps4 is going dominate the xbox one. I look at it this way buy the system that has the games that you want to play im going to buy a xbox one first then a ps4 but im not buying them till mid next year so i will know if anything is going to be wrong with either one and give them time to possibly fix it. till then im going to enjoy my gaming pc

• Report this Comment On August 24, 2013, at 11:30 PM, excelscior wrote:

I will enjoy playing my PS3 & Xbox 360 and Android systems. At least for the coming year. I will wait for the first generation games to come and go and drop in price. Once the mad rush is over I can clearly decide if it is time to upgrade what I have or not. I firmly believe there is still some graphical improvements possible with the current generation of consoles. Plus Android games and Ouya are going to get better with time. Too much money for new consoles and new games is my issue with the new consoles. I don't see any justification for spending $500-$600 + (system and game). When I can buy used games for the current gaming systems. And many of the new games on Android are free. This is the time developers started making "Can't Live Without Games" and not just "Me too Games" like they been doing these last 2 generations of consoles.

• Report this Comment On August 25, 2013, at 12:30 AM, Cyberwolfman wrote:

2 to 1? You honestly think it's going to be that close? The trust is gone, the kinect is still bundled for an extra $100, and nothing is stopping Microsoft from putting the restrictions back up once they sell enough consoles.

• Report this Comment On August 25, 2013, at 3:13 AM, k959 wrote:

cyberwolfman do you really think that Microsoft would be stupid enough to reinstate the polices that they just reversed on? also on that note whats to stop Sony from doing the same thing down the road? It would be stupid and irresponsible if either company were to try that after the backlash that came about due to those polices. Personally I didn't care about any of the policy's that Microsoft tried to install as none of them affected me but I do see how they could have affected others and why they would be upset

• Report this Comment On August 25, 2013, at 5:59 AM, shogun3949494 wrote:

k959 microsoft will reinstate it, once people are hooked they get their way. its the same as with steam.. consumers are stupid

• Report this Comment On August 25, 2013, at 9:03 AM, Dvoraak wrote:

I have no trouble believing That PS4 will dominate this holiday season. Thanks to MS serious missteps destroying public faith, PS completely dominated early preorders. I think this year's sales are already decided, next year though..... who knows?

• Report this Comment On August 25, 2013, at 9:14 AM, DirksterDude wrote:

Microsoft and Sony will both be successful with there next generation consoles for many of the same reasons.

• Report this Comment On August 25, 2013, at 2:48 PM, stefanog1 wrote:

Where's the WiiU in all of this? But I agree for once with Mötley Fool. The Xbone is too expensive, the WiiU just started to get good games do the PS4 is the obvious choice for neutral console gamers. Otherwise PC would be a better choice. But for me it's WiiU and PC till the PS4 gets more interesting games and a price-cut.