- A $75.7 million contract modification to fund redesign efforts on its F-35 Lightning II Low Rate Initial Production Lot VI Advance Acquisition contract. Lockheed is getting the extra funds to pay for redesigns to mitigate supply-chain risk on certain F-35 parts vulnerable to "diminishing manufacturing sources." This contract runs through December 2018.
- A $15.2 million "un-priced letter" contract financing long-lead material purchases needed for Trident II D5 Missile production in fiscal 2014 schedule. This one runs through Sept. 30, 2018.
Among the other winners:
- BAE Systems (NASDAQOTH: BAESY ) (LSE: BA ) won a $31.8 million firm-fixed-price contract to supply the U.S. Navy and Israel with 29 MK 38 Mod 2 ordnance alteration kits, plus associated hardware and spare parts.
- Scientific Applications International Corp, better known as SAIC (NYSE: SAI ) , won a $21.1 million indefinite-delivery/indefinite-quantity, firm-fixed-price contract to supply digital video surveillance system (DVSS) associated training sets, engineering services, support and spares to the Navy for installation aboard DDG 51-class guided missile destroyers. Delivery is due September 2018.
- General Dynamics' (NYSE: GD ) NASSCO shipbuilding division was awarded a $6.6 million contract modification to perform repairs and alterations on the guided missile frigate USS Kauffman (FFG 59) outside of drydock. NASSCO should complete its work by February 2014.