In this episode of Tech Teardown, Erin Kennedy discusses the latest developments in the tech sector with Evan Niu, CFA, our tech and telecom bureau chief.
- Microsoft taps a longtime exec as its next CEO. Does Satya Nadella have what it takes?
- High-end smartphone saturation has already started to weigh on OEMs, but now those effects are trickling down the value chain. What does ARM have in store beyond smartphones?
- Zynga has enjoyed a nice few days. Shares are up considerably after the company reported earnings alongside a promising acquisition, and getting another boost from an analyst upgrade.
- What kind of revenue could Apple's iWatch generate in its first year? Its revenue ramp could even trump the iPad according to one analyst.
- Apple might be interesting in building out its own content delivery network, which could be a risk to its primary supplier Akamai.
Erin Kennedy owns shares of Apple. Evan Niu, CFA owns shares of Apple. The Motley Fool recommends Apple. The Motley Fool owns shares of Apple and Microsoft. Try any of our Foolish newsletter services free for 30 days. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.