The Department of Defense awarded 14 defense contracts in its Thursday evening announcement of contract awards. The total value of contracts awarded was $526.7 million. Among the companies winning contracts:
- EMCOR (NYSE:EME) won a $45 million firm-fixed-price contract to support operations and perform maintenance, repair, and minor construction work for the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers at Fort Belvoir Community Hospital, Fort Belvoir, Va., through April 16, 2019.
- Jacobs Engineering (NYSE:JEC) was awarded a $20.7 million contract modification to continue supporting services at the Aberdeen Test Center at Aberdeen Proving Ground, Md., through July 31, 2014.
- Raytheon (NYSE:RTN) won a $15.8 million contract to provide the U.S. Navy with non-recurring research and development support for the Tactical Control System (TCS) for unmanned aerial vehicles. Work on this contract should be complete by April 2016.
- Sysco (NYSE:SYY) won a $12 million sole-source, fixed-price with economic-price-adjustment contract to perform prime vendor food and beverage support for U.S. Army, Navy, Air Force, and Marine Corps locations in Maine through March 23, 2018.
- PerkinElmer (NYSE:PKI) was awarded $9.7 million in the third of four potential option-year extensions on a contract to ship various laboratory and pharmaceutical supplies to U.S. Army, Navy, Air Force, and Marine Corps locations in Pennsylvania through May 6, 2015.
Rich Smith has no position in any stocks mentioned. The Motley Fool recommends Sysco. The Motley Fool owns shares of Raytheon Company. Try any of our Foolish newsletter services free for 30 days. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.