In this episode of Tech Teardown, Erin Kennedy discusses the latest developments in the tech sector with Evan Niu, CFA, our tech and telecom bureau chief.
- Sprint puts up solid results in some ways, but also loses a boatload of subscribers due to a service disruption. Overall, investors are still mostly pleased.
- Nokia posted earnings figures on par with what the market was expecting, but the company just transformed itself in a major way -- for the better.
- Apple updates its MacBook Air lineup, adding in faster processors while also dropping the price.
- Apple taps the debt markets to bolster its domestic cash coffers yet again.
- Cirrus Logic scoops up rival audio component maker Wolfson. The deal makes a lot of strategic sense, but is the price too high?
The biggest thing to come out of Silicon Valley in years
If you thought the iPod, the iPhone, and the iPad were amazing, just wait until you see this. One hundred of Apple's top engineers are busy building one in a secret lab. And an ABI Research report predicts 485 million of them could be sold over the next decade. But you can invest in it right now... for just a fraction of the price of AAPL stock. Click here to get the full story in this eye-opening new report.