Track the companies that matter to you. It's FREE! Click one of these fan favorites to get started: Apple; Google; Ford.



A White Knight Riding to the Rescue?

Valeant Pharmaceuticals (NYSE: VRX  ) has teamed up with Pershing Capital, which owns nearly 10% of Allergan (NYSE: AGN.DL  ) , in an effort to acquire the remaining 90% of the company. However, as Allergan looks to have an excellent growth runway ahead, there may be a number of companies interested in swooping in and acquiring the company ahead of Valeant.

In this segment from Tuesday's Market Checkup, Motley Fool health-care analysts David Williamson and Michael Douglass look at the roller coaster ride that Allergan has been on recently, and discuss some of the most likely candidates that may potentially be interested in being Allergan's white knight and acquiring the company.

6 stock picks poised for incredible growth
They said it couldn't be done. But David Gardner has proved them wrong time, and time, and time again with stock returns like 926%, 2,239%, and 4,371%. In fact, just recently one of his favorite stocks became a 100-bagger. And he's ready to do it again. You can uncover his scientific approach to crushing the market and his carefully chosen six picks for ultimate growth instantly, because he's making this premium report free for you today. Click here now for access.

Read/Post Comments (0) | Recommend This Article (0)

Comments from our Foolish Readers

Help us keep this a respectfully Foolish area! This is a place for our readers to discuss, debate, and learn more about the Foolish investing topic you read about above. Help us keep it clean and safe. If you believe a comment is abusive or otherwise violates our Fool's Rules, please report it via the Report this Comment Report this Comment icon found on every comment.

Be the first one to comment on this article.

Sponsored Links

Leaked: Apple's Next Smart Device
(Warning, it may shock you)
The secret is out... experts are predicting 458 million of these types of devices will be sold per year. 1 hyper-growth company stands to rake in maximum profit - and it's NOT Apple. Show me Apple's new smart gizmo!

DocumentId: 2942238, ~/Articles/ArticleHandler.aspx, 8/31/2015 1:58:35 PM

Report This Comment

Use this area to report a comment that you believe is in violation of the community guidelines. Our team will review the entry and take any appropriate action.

Sending report...

David Williamson

The Motley Fool's Healthcare Analyst, I specialize in Pharma, Biotech, and how the ACA (Obamacare) is changing the business of healthcare in America. Follow me on Twitter for breaking stock news, policy thoughts, and misc musings...

Today's Market

updated Moments ago Sponsored by:
DOW 16,553.50 -89.51 -0.54%
S&P 500 1,976.92 -11.95 -0.60%
NASD 4,803.95 -24.38 -0.50%

Create My Watchlist

Go to My Watchlist

You don't seem to be following any stocks yet!

Better investing starts with a watchlist. Now you can create a personalized watchlist and get immediate access to the personalized information you need to make successful investing decisions.

Data delayed up to 5 minutes

Related Tickers

12/31/1969 7:00 PM
AGN.DL $0.00 Down +0.00 +0.00%
Allergan, Inc. CAPS Rating: ****
JNJ $94.28 Down -0.89 -0.94%
Johnson & Johnson CAPS Rating: ****
VRX $230.93 Down -5.19 -2.20%
Valeant Pharmaceut… CAPS Rating: ****
NVS $97.60 Down -0.75 -0.76%
Novartis CAPS Rating: ****
SNY $49.23 Down -0.05 -0.10%
Sanofi (ADR) CAPS Rating: *****