Buying stocks in great companies is still the best way to build long-term wealth. Even in this market. Returns for the past ten years have been in line with the market's historic 10%+ return. Of course, some stocks do better than others. (D'oh!)
All you have to do is pick the right stocks. It's not rocket science. It's not magic. It's not foolproof, either — but you can learn to improve your stock selecting skills.
Hurry! Join the Choosing Stocks with The Motley Fool seminar already in session. Start now and you'll have access to all of
the lessons and seminar materials until the end of December!
Choosing Stocks With The Motley Fool, our best-selling interactive online seminar, shows you how to
Lessons are clear and easy to understand. Exercises are engaging. We eliminate mumbo-jumbo and sneak in a Foolish touch of humor. Choosing Stocks sells out whenever we offer it, because it gives investors the skills to maneuver in any market.
- discover excellent companies in attractive industries
- use valuation basics to determine reasonable prices
- identify logical, unemotional triggers to buy, hold, and sell
- decode financial statements to uncover hidden data
- act with confidence as an informed investor
|"I appreciate the step-by-step approach. Financial reports are no longer scary or confusing and I am much more confident in my research."
—A satisfied "Choosing Stocks" student
Your own schedule. Your own pace. Your own level of involvement.
Starting September 19, lessons will be emailed to you once a week. Work on them at your own pace, to fit your schedule.
Maybe you're starting from scratch. Moving from mutual funds to individual stocks. Or reviewing the finer points to enhance your portfolio. Interact with your instructors and peers on dedicated discussion boards that fit your interests and exp
- Lesson 1: The Wonderful World of Stocks: Really.
- Lesson 2: How to find quality industries
- Lesson 3: How to find quality companies
- Lesson 4: Basics of Financial Statement
- Lesson 5: How to tell quality numbers
- Lesson 6: Introducing Stock Valuation
- Lesson 7: Our friend, the P/E Ratio
- Lesson 8: Deciding, Keeping Up, and Selling