Shares of beverage company Castle Brands (NYSEMKT:ROX) jumped as much as 11.2% on Thursday following the announcement of a new national television advertising campaign for Gosling's Rum. The stock is up 10.4% at the time of this writing.
Castle Brands said it launched a TV ad campaign that "can be seen on NBCSN during telecasts of Premier League Soccer games and programming, National Hockey League games and programming, and Skiing and Snowboarding competitions, among other sports oriented and targeted telecasts."
The announcement also noted that Gosling's Rum will be the "marquee sponsor" of Premier League Soccer during the December 2017 Manchester Derby.
Gosling-Castle Partners is a strategic global export venture that is 80.1% owned by Castle; CEO Malcolm Gosling said the company went all-in on the commercials, ensuring they are "first class."
The Gosling's brand includes Gosling's Stormy Ginger Beer, which has been seeing significant traction recently. In the company's most recently reported quarter, Gosling's Stormy Ginger Beer case sales were up 37.2% in the first six months of fiscal 2018 compared to the comparable year-ago period. Investors are likely hoping this national ad campaign can help continue this momentum.
Castle said the new campaign will give the brand global exposure and expose Gosling's rums to new demographics.
With its award-winning Gosling's Rum varieties now sold in 20 countries, investors may be betting the national TV campaign will pay off handsomely.
10 stocks we like better than Castle Brands
When investing geniuses David and Tom Gardner have a stock tip, it can pay to listen. After all, the newsletter they have run for over a decade, Motley Fool Stock Advisor, has tripled the market.*
David and Tom just revealed what they believe are the 10 best stocks for investors to buy right now... and Castle Brands wasn't one of them! That's right -- they think these 10 stocks are even better buys.
Click here to learn about these picks!
*Stock Advisor returns as of December 4, 2017
- 1 Major Clue That Facebook Wants to Expand Into E-Commerce
- Why GNC Holdings, Inc. Stock Skyrocketed Nearly 50% Today
- Is HCP, Inc. a Buy?
- 2 Dividend-Paying Self-Driving Car Stocks You Can Buy Today
- Stop the Presses: Qualcomm Finally Landed European Approval for Its NXP Semiconductor Buyout
- Why BeiGene Is Soaring 13.8% Today
- 7 Quick Things You Can Do to Boost Your Wealth in 2018
- Alcoa (AA) Q4 2017 Earnings Conference Call Transcript
- Are Tax-Free Municipal Bonds Right for You?
- Why the Apple Inc. MacBook Pro Won't See a Major Upgrade in 2018
- Why AES Corp's Shares Popped 12% Today
- Shares of BP Prudhoe Bay Royalty Trust Tank After Dividend Disbursement
- This Growth Stock Is Keeping Its Foot on the Gas (Which Could Fuel Big-Time Returns for Investors)
- Why Blue Apron Holding Inc Stock Popped Today
- Why Shares of Electro Scientific Industries Jumped Today
- Vipshop Stock Is Winning Again in 2018
- Why CarMax Stock Won 2 Upgrades In 2 Weeks
- Read This Before Buying Chinese Tech Stocks
- Lennar Missed Earnings in the Fourth Quarter, Should Investors Worry?
- KB Home Gets 1 Step Closer to Management's Goals