Shares of beverage company Castle Brands (NYSEMKT:ROX) jumped as much as 11.2% on Thursday following the announcement of a new national television advertising campaign for Gosling's Rum. The stock is up 10.4% at the time of this writing.
Castle Brands said it launched a TV ad campaign that "can be seen on NBCSN during telecasts of Premier League Soccer games and programming, National Hockey League games and programming, and Skiing and Snowboarding competitions, among other sports oriented and targeted telecasts."
The announcement also noted that Gosling's Rum will be the "marquee sponsor" of Premier League Soccer during the December 2017 Manchester Derby.
Gosling-Castle Partners is a strategic global export venture that is 80.1% owned by Castle; CEO Malcolm Gosling said the company went all-in on the commercials, ensuring they are "first class."
The Gosling's brand includes Gosling's Stormy Ginger Beer, which has been seeing significant traction recently. In the company's most recently reported quarter, Gosling's Stormy Ginger Beer case sales were up 37.2% in the first six months of fiscal 2018 compared to the comparable year-ago period. Investors are likely hoping this national ad campaign can help continue this momentum.
Castle said the new campaign will give the brand global exposure and expose Gosling's rums to new demographics.
With its award-winning Gosling's Rum varieties now sold in 20 countries, investors may be betting the national TV campaign will pay off handsomely.
10 stocks we like better than Castle Brands
When investing geniuses David and Tom Gardner have a stock tip, it can pay to listen. After all, the newsletter they have run for over a decade, Motley Fool Stock Advisor, has tripled the market.*
David and Tom just revealed what they believe are the 10 best stocks for investors to buy right now... and Castle Brands wasn't one of them! That's right -- they think these 10 stocks are even better buys.
Click here to learn about these picks!
*Stock Advisor returns as of December 4, 2017
- FedEx's Unusual Quarter Contains Promise
- Cisco Systems Stock Upgraded: What You Need to Know
- 4 Top Stocks on My Buy Radar During This Correction
- Starbucks Offers a Tepid Brew at Its Annual Shareholder Meeting
- How to Invest in Bank Stocks the Easy Way
- Guess? (GES) Q4 2018 Earnings Conference Call Transcript
- Here Are the 15 Largest Cryptocurrencies by Market Cap
- 10 of the 11 Most Popular Social Media Sites in the World Have Banned Cryptocurrency and ICO Ads
- Which Gold Stocks Have the Best Dividend?
- Better Buy: Johnson & Johnson vs. Merck
- This Brand-New High-Yield Stock Sees High-Octane Growth Ahead
- Shoppers Aren't All That Happy With Value Fashion Retailers
- 3 Growth Stocks to Buy and Hold for 25 Years
- 1 of the World's Famous Investors Is Selling General Motors. Should You?
- IBM Could Be a Dark Horse in the Virtual Assistant Market
- These 3 Marijuana Stocks Aren't Getting Any Respect
- Is Wal-Mart Stores Inc. a Buy?
- The Top Healthcare Takeaways From SXSW
- Is AbbVie Still a Buy After Its Rova-T Setback?
- Boeing's Reputation Taking a Hit Because of Troubled Tanker Program