Shares of beverage company Castle Brands (NYSEMKT:ROX) jumped as much as 11.2% on Thursday following the announcement of a new national television advertising campaign for Gosling's Rum. The stock is up 10.4% at the time of this writing.
Castle Brands said it launched a TV ad campaign that "can be seen on NBCSN during telecasts of Premier League Soccer games and programming, National Hockey League games and programming, and Skiing and Snowboarding competitions, among other sports oriented and targeted telecasts."
The announcement also noted that Gosling's Rum will be the "marquee sponsor" of Premier League Soccer during the December 2017 Manchester Derby.
Gosling-Castle Partners is a strategic global export venture that is 80.1% owned by Castle; CEO Malcolm Gosling said the company went all-in on the commercials, ensuring they are "first class."
The Gosling's brand includes Gosling's Stormy Ginger Beer, which has been seeing significant traction recently. In the company's most recently reported quarter, Gosling's Stormy Ginger Beer case sales were up 37.2% in the first six months of fiscal 2018 compared to the comparable year-ago period. Investors are likely hoping this national ad campaign can help continue this momentum.
Castle said the new campaign will give the brand global exposure and expose Gosling's rums to new demographics.
With its award-winning Gosling's Rum varieties now sold in 20 countries, investors may be betting the national TV campaign will pay off handsomely.
10 stocks we like better than Castle Brands
When investing geniuses David and Tom Gardner have a stock tip, it can pay to listen. After all, the newsletter they have run for over a decade, Motley Fool Stock Advisor, has tripled the market.*
David and Tom just revealed what they believe are the 10 best stocks for investors to buy right now... and Castle Brands wasn't one of them! That's right -- they think these 10 stocks are even better buys.
Click here to learn about these picks!
*Stock Advisor returns as of December 4, 2017
- Is 62 the Best Age to Start Drawing Social Security?
- Could Netflix Disrupt the Gaming Market?
- Is It Finally Safe to Buy The Kroger Co. Stock?
- 57% of Freelancers Are Worried About Their Financial Future. Here's What to Do if You're One of Them
- Will Microsoft Help Retailers Counter Amazon Go?
- A Simple Guide to What Social Security Pays
- Why AMD Isn't Gaining Traction in Notebooks
- AT&T Is Now Forcing Unlimited Customers to Take a Bundle
- Why Business-to-Business Digital Commerce Gets Salesforce So Excited
- What Happens to Your Retirement Account if You Change Jobs?
- 4 Tips to Survive a Terrible Boss
- These Oil Stocks Are Surprisingly Down More Than 10% This Year. Does That Make Them Good Buys?
- Disney's Movie Studios Are On Fire
- 3 Growth Stocks to Buy and Hold for 25 Years
- Home Depot's $1.2 Billion Investment to Amazon-Proof Its Business
- Altria's Best Hope for a Bounce
- Tesla’s Solar Plans Aren’t Working
- Canada Is Legalizing Recreational Marijuana: Everything You Need to Know
- Move Over Oprah: Weight Watchers' Big Plans Include More Celebrities
- Is Competition Heating Up in the AI Chip Market?