In this video, I will be going over AMD's (AMD 5.55%) Q1 earnings report. The company beat estimates across the board and raised full-year guidance. You can find the video below, but here are some of the highlights.
- The company reported earnings per share (EPS) of $1.13, beating estimates of $0.91, and revenue of $5.9 billion, beating estimates of $5.52 billion.
- Revenue grew 55% year over year (YOY) and 10% quarter over quarter (QOQ).
- The computing and graphics segment's revenue was $2.8 billion, up 33% YOY and 8% QOQ.
- The enterprise, embedded, and semi-custom segment's revenue was $2.52 billion, up 88% YOY and 13% QOQ.
- Gross profit grew 71% YOY to $2.71 billion, and gross margin came in at 51%, up 480 basis points.
- EPS grew 117% YOY and 23% QOQ.
- Operating income more than doubled year over year.
- The acquisition of Xilinx closed on February 14, and the company generated $559 million in revenue for the six weeks of Q1.
- The company now expects full-year 2022 revenue to grow by approximately 60% to $26.3 billion, up from the previous 31% YOY growth.
For the full insights, do watch the video, consider subscribing, and click the special offer link below.
*Stock prices used were the closing prices of May 3, 2022. The video was published on May 4, 2022.