In this video, I will be talking about Intel's (INTC 1.06%) second-quarter earnings report, which was a complete disaster. I'll touch on what went wrong this quarter, and what is being done to get this great company back on track.
- For the second quarter, Intel reported earnings per share (EPS) of $0.29, a decrease of 79% year over year, missing its own guidance by $0.41.
- Revenue came in at $15.3 billion, down 17% year over year (YOY) and missing estimates by $2.7 billion.
- Gross margin was 44.8%, 6.2 percentage points below guidance, and down 15 percentage points YOY.
- The company expects Q3 revenue to come in at $17 billion at the midpoint, down 15% YOY. It expects gross margin of 46.5%, down 11.8 percentage points YOY, and EPS of $0.35, down 76% YOY.
- If this decline continues, dividends might be in danger. But for those that believe that Pat Gelsinger and his team can turn this around, this might turn out to be a great long-term bet.
For the full insights, do watch the video, consider subscribing, and click the special offer link below.
*Stock prices used were the closing prices of July 28, 2022. The video was published on July 29, 2022.