Bank of America (NYSE:BAC) has just ended day 31 of its hearing over the $8.5 billion settlement with investors of some mortgage-backed securities. But with more testimony needed, there will be yet another delay in resolving the bank's troubles. With both Bank of New York Mellon (NYSE:BK) and American International Group (NYSE:AIG) playing big roles in the hearing, investors may be wary of the pending outcome. In the video below, Motley Fool contributor Jessica Alling discusses the current setbacks and why they may actually be a good thing for investors.
Sep 30, 2013 at 1:07PM
Contributing writer for Fool.com covering the financial sector with an emphasis on the insurance industry.
Motley Fool Returns
Stock Advisor S&P 500
Stock Advisor launched in February of 2002. Returns as of 01/25/2020.Join Stock Advisor
Cumulative Growth of a $10,000 Investment in Stock Advisor Calculated by Time-Weighted Return
- American International Group (AIG) Q3 2019 Earnings Call Transcript
- American International Group (AIG) Q2 2019 Earnings Call Transcript
- American International Group (AIG) Q1 2019 Earnings Call Transcript
- Stock Market News: AIG Posts an Impressive Quarter; Anadarko Officially Embraces New Bid
- 10 Years After the Stock Market Hit Bottom: How 3 Hard-Hit Banks Have Evolved