Motley Fool Market Pass Terms of Service
Welcome to Motley Fool
Market Pass (the "Service"). This page sets forth the special Terms
and Conditions by which The Motley Fool provides you with access to the Service
(the "Terms"). It supplements the Fool's Rules (our standard terms and
conditions), which are incorporated by reference. By subscribing to, and using
the Service you are agreeing to abide by these Terms as well as the Fool's
Rules INCLUDING THE BINDING ARBITRATION AND CLASS ACTION WAIVER DETAILED IN
SECTION 10 OF THE FOOL’S RULES.
1. Motley Fool Market PassMotley Fool Market Pass provides you with access to selected Premium Services from The Motley Fool as well as other tools, features, and offerings. Selected Premium Services included with Market Pass include Stock Advisor, Rule Breakers, Inside Value, Income Investor, and Hidden Gems. From time to time, we may change the features, offerings and Premium Services included in your Market Pass membership but we will provide you with advance notice of any material changes.
All services and features provided by Market Pass are provided “AS IS.” The Fool assumes no responsibility for the timeliness or delivery of any content or the deletion or failure to store any personalized or customized settings.
The Motley Fool is not in the business of rendering personalized or individualized investment advice. We don't (and can't) know your financial situation, risk tolerances, or investing objectives. Accordingly, the information provided along with the decisions made and actions taken by the Service do not constitute a recommendation that a particular portfolio, framework, security, strategy or action taken is suitable for you, or any specific person for that matter.
The Motley Fool and the writers will not be liable for any investment decision you make, or action you take based upon reliance of any material you read here. The Motley Fool is a company of investors writing for investors and as such, the writers (and/or the company) may own stocks mentioned by the Service. For more information about writer disclosure, as well as a list of places where you can view stocks our writers and analysts own, see our disclosure policy.
2. Portfolio Framework.In addition to the Premium Services, Market Pass includes a Portfolio Framework. The Portfolio Framework is intended to be used as a framework to help members understand general allocation guidance for a model portfolio. The Portfolio Framework is shown with example investments drawn from Premium Services’ Best Buys Now, stocks determined to be timely opportunities by our FoolIQ quantitative research team, and other investments as we deem appropriate. The investments listed are intended to be examples and the Portfolio Framework is not an actively managed portfolio. The Motley Fool may or may not have positions in the investments listed. Investors who would like to view an actively managed portfolio are recommended to refer the Portfolio Services, which are not included with Market Pass.
3. Reports. Market Pass may be sold
with Premium Reports, or a combination of Premium Reports. Reports may, or may
not, be available to previous subscribers or subscribers of other Premium
Services at the sole discretion of The Motley Fool. Any fees associated with
Premium Reports are not refundable, except in accordance with state laws.
4. Disclaimer of Warranties and LiabilitiesBy using the Service, you agree that The Motley Fool, its directors, its employees, and its agents will not be liable for any investment decision made or action taken by you and others based upon reliance on any information we publish. Please remember that past results are not necessarily indicative of future performance.
Under no circumstances will The Motley Fool, its employees, or its agents be liable for direct, indirect, incidental, or any other type of damages resulting from your use or downloading of any material on our sites, even if we have been advised of the possibility of such damages. This includes, but is no way limited to, loss or injury caused in whole or in part by our negligence or by things beyond our control in creating or delivering the Service or any of our services. This disclaimer of liability does not apply in New Jersey.
Although this is included in the Fool's Rules, it bears repeating (and capitalizing):
ALL INFORMATION PROVIDED OR MADE AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SERVICE ARE PROVIDED "AS IS." THE MOTLEY FOOL HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, WARRANTIES OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. WITH RESPECT TO OUR WEBSITES, OUR SERVICES, ANY CONTENT, TOOLS, OR PRODUCTS, YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT YOU WILL ASSUME THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO THE QUALITY AND THE PERFORMANCE OF OUR SERVICES AND THE ACCURACY AND COMPLETENESS OF ITS CONTENT.
Some States do not allow exclusion of implied warranties or limitation of liability for incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you. In such states, our liability and that of our third party content providers will be limited to the greatest extent permitted by law. This disclaimer of warranties does not apply in New Jersey.
5. You Bear Responsibility for Your Financial and Investment Decisions.While our purpose to help you become a better investor, your investment decisions rest squarely with you. You agree that you bear sole and complete responsibility for your investment and financial decisions.
You are responsible for the
applicable membership fee(s) and coverage fee(s) as set forth on this site. If
you are currently a subscriber to any of our other US services, you will
receive a prorated credit for the remainder of your subscription to such Premium
Services towards your purchase of Motley Fool Market Pass. Please note that the
Market Pass fee gives you access to Stock
Advisor, Rule Breakers, Inside Value, Income Investor, and Hidden Gems. The fee does not include
any charges you incur in accessing those Premium Services.
6. Market Pass Membership Fee; Terminating Your
Yearly FeesFrom time to time, the Motley Fool may offer yearly subscriptions to Market Pass. Please note that any such promotions are available only to new, first time Market Pass members. There is no refund offered for the yearly fee, except in accordance with state laws. Unless it is advertised as a promotional rate at the time of ordering, the fee will be the same year-to-year. Fees are due in advance. Unless otherwise explicitly noted at the time of ordering, your membership will automatically renew until you notify us of your decision to terminate your membership YOU ARE PROVIDING YOUR ELECTRONIC AUTHORIZATION FOR FUTURE CHARGES AGAINST YOUR CREDIT CARD ON FILE UNLESS YOU CANCEL. Accordingly, you agree that your Market Pass membership fee will be billed automatically at the beginning of each renewal period at the then-current rate to the credit card you used in your most recent transaction with us.
CancellationsYou may cancel your Market Pass membership at any time in the first 30 days by contacting Member Support. In the event of cancellation of your Market Pass membership, your fee may be applied to a Premium Service membership, or combination of Premium Service memberships, of your choice. At the time of expiration of that service, your subscription will renew at the then-current price and be subject to that service’s then-current terms. Unless otherwise explicitly noted at the time of ordering, your membership will automatically renew until you notify Member Support of your decision to terminate your membership. YOU ARE PROVIDING YOUR ELECTRONIC AUTHORIZATION FOR FUTURE CHARGES AGAINST YOUR CREDIT CARD ON FILE UNLESS YOU CANCEL.
Please note that any such promotions are available only to new, first time Market Pass members. If you previously subscribed to Market Pass, cancelled and subsequently subscribe again, you will not receive a refund or placement in a Premium Service for any cancellations.
7. Trading RulesThe Motley Fool strives to operate with the highest level of integrity and to treat everyone -- our customers, employees and community -- fairly. For this reason, all of our Premium Services abide by trading rules.
Please note there may be occasions where a Premium Services takes a position with respect to a security that is counter to that of another Fool premium service.
An affiliate of The Motley Fool provides investment products that may hold securities mentioned in our publications. Editorial personnel have no nonpublic knowledge of the affiliate's holdings, and the affiliate's personnel have no knowledge of any editorial content before it is published.
8. The Service Is Intended for U.S. Residents OnlyThe Service is aimed at, and published for individuals residing in the United States. The Motley Fool makes no representation that the materials provided, and actions taken by the Service are appropriate for users outside the United States or permitted under the laws of other jurisdictions.
If you choose to access or use the Service from a location other than the United States, you do so at your own initiative and risk, and you bear full responsibility for compliance with any applicable local laws.
9. Everything ElsePlease read the Fool's Rules for more details on our rules and policies including our dispute resolution procedures. If you see something that you think is a violation of the Fool's Rules or these Terms, please notify us at FoolAlert@Fool.com.
The Motley Fool reserves the right to change the Fool's Rules or these Terms at any time. Changes will be posted on the applicable Web page.
Last updated July 2nd, 2017