By participating in the Discovery: Rising Stars Learning Quizzes contest (the “Program”) you agree to abide by the following terms and conditions:
1. Eligibility. The Program is open to current Discovery: Rising Stars members. Employees of The Motley Fool, LLC (along with its contractors, affiliates and subsidiaries) and their families are not eligible. To be eligible for the rewards you must:
a. Complete two out of four of the learning quizzes in the Discovery: Rising Stars service, between April 9, 2021 and May 19, 2021 at 11:59 PM EDT; or
b. Complete all four of the learning quizzes in the Discovery: Rising Stars service, between April 9, 2021 and May 19, 2021 at 11:59 PM EDT, and miss fewer than three (3) questions.
c. The Learning Quizzes are planned to be released on the following dates:
2. Completing the Learning Quizzes.
a. In order to participate in the Program, you must be logged into your Discovery: Rising Stars service.
b. For purposes of the Program, you must select each quiz to participate, and you must answer each question in that particular quiz. Each quiz will be approximately ten (10) questions.
c. After answering each question for the quiz, you must submit the quiz to affirmatively complete your participation in that particular quiz.
d. You are not entered into this contest until you have completed at least two (2) of the Learning Quizzes in the Program.
3. Rewards. You can earn rewards if/when you complete at least two (2) Learning Quizzes in the Program. By completing two Learning Quizzes, you will earn a Special Report. By completing all four (4) Learning Quizzes in the Program and missing fewer than three (3) questions, you will earn the Special Report and a thirty (30) day complimentary subscription to The Motley Fool’s Discovery: Global Partners service, valued at One Hundred Sixty-Seven ($167) dollars. If you complete all four Learning Quizzes in the Program and miss fewer than three questions, and are already a current member of Discovery: Global Partners, you will earn a thirty day complimentary subscription to The Motley Fool’s Discovery: The Ownership Portfolio instead. The Motley Fool reserves the right to substitute the rewards listed with rewards of equal or greater value. The rewards are non-transferrable and not redeemable for cash.
a. Complimentary Subscription. The complimentary subscription reward will be added to your Motley Fool account and will be valid and available for thirty (30) days from the date The Motley Fool verifies your completed participation in the Program. The Motley Fool will notify you when this reward is available and will provide information about your expiration date and an option to renew the service after the expiration of your complimentary 30-day period. Please note that this complimentary subscription is non-transferable and may not be used as a credit to any other service within the complimentary 30-day period. Once the 30-day period ends, your access to the service will end. In order to regain access, you must purchase a subscription at the then prevailing list price. All other terms and conditions of the service earned for this reward shall apply and can be found at https://www.fool.com/legal/terms-and-conditions/.
4. Consent. By accepting a reward, you further consent to the use of your name and/or likeness for purposes of advertising or trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
5. General Conditions. Reward recipients may be required to execute and return a Consent and General Release as well as any applicable tax forms prior to receiving a prize. Non-compliance within this time period may result in disqualification and forfeiture of the rewards. Any income tax liability is the sole responsibility of the reward recipients.
6. Conduct. You agree to be bound these rules. The Motley Fool, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person it finds to be tampering with, or violating the spirit, intent or terms of the Program or the operation of its website.
7. Limitations of Liability. The Motley Fool will not be responsible for late, lost or misdirected email or for any computer, online, telephone or technical malfunctions that may occur. If for any reason, this Program is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention or technical failures of any sort, The Motley Fool may cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Program. Participants agree to release The Motley Fool from any liability resulting from, or related to participation in the Program.