"For my birthday, I'd like to be the richest girl in the world!"
Perhaps Athina Roussel didn't wish for it, but that's about what she got. The granddaughter of the late shipping magnate Aristotle Onassis -- and heiress to his fortune -- turned 18 yesterday and inherited property and cash worth an estimated $2.7 billion. Indeed, the entire island of Skorpios in the Ionian Sea is now hers.
Top 26 Actions of a Teen with $2.7 Billion and an Island
26. Buy five tall lattes at Starbucks.
25. Resign membership on Living Below Your Means board.
24. Take up a really vicious smoking habit.
23. Star in Fox's Who Wants to Marry a $2.7 Billionaire?
22. Buy General Dynamics; fill next year's Christmas list with Gulfstream jets for all her friends.
21. Ditch the 29-year-old "sporting" boyfriend for someone with some coin.
20. Buy a huge "I'm not related to Jackie O" button
19. New shoes!
18. Get together with 36 other equally loaded teens to help cover AOL's 2002 deficit.
17. "Welcome to the Athina Roussel Acropolis!"
16. Pay to have the goddess of wisdom's name spelled with an "i."
15. Heal finger cuts sustained from those coupon-clipping days.
14. Buy 2.7 billion lottery tickets to improve her chances of attaining wealth.
12. Return that copy of Bourne Identity to Blockbuster whenever she darn well pleases.
11. Upgrade Pokemon collection.
10. Sign up for TMF Money Advisor.
9. Open a savings account for college.
8. Buy a college.
7. Sign a left-handed starting pitcher to a three-year contract for the Yankees.
6. Become a "teen pop sensation."
5. Can you say lip gloss?
4. $1,000,000,000 Visa credit lines!
3. Purchase one Van Gogh (that wall there needs something).
2. Buy some privacy.
1. Feed and clothe 10,000,000 impoverished children (no guilt or anything).