Bio and Archives
Rich Smith isn't either.
He isn't rich, but like the ant in the old ditty, he has high hopes.
And he isn't a smith, but a woodworker. He spends his free time working axe, drawknife, and auger to turn felled oaks into rustic furniture.
Born in Virginia, raised in rural Maryland, and educated back in Virginia again, Rich has spent most of his life circling the event horizon of Washington, D.C., but vows never to let it suck him in.
The reason? Rich is deathly afraid of high-density traffic. Also spiders, heights, and companies with too-large enterprise value-to-free cash flow ratios.
Rich claims to have never taken a business course in his life, and Fools who argue accounting standards with him are quick to confirm that fact. But he still knows a bargain when he sees one.
Recent Articles by
- 03/12/2014 - Wednesday's Top Upgrades (and Downgrades)
- 03/11/2014 - Congress Asked to Approve $100 Million Military Package for Pakistan
- 03/11/2014 - Pentagon Awards $220 Million in Defense Contracts Tuesday
- 03/11/2014 - Tuesday's Top Upgrades (and Downgrades)
- 03/11/2014 - Pentagon Awards $1.6 Billion in Defense Contracts Monday