The Department of Defense awarded 13 defense contracts in its Friday evening announcement of contract awards. The total value of contracts awarded was $508.2 million.
Among the publicly traded companies winning contracts:
- United Technologies' (NYSE: UTX ) Sikorsky Aircraft Corp was awarded a $115.7 million delivery order to perform non-recurring engineering and program support related to nine MH-60R Seahawk helicopters to be delivered to the Danish Defense Acquisition and Logistics Organization. This contract should be complete by July 2018.
- OSI Systems' (NASDAQ: OSIS ) Rapiscan Systems subsidiary won a $102.5 million foreign military sales contract to sell 80 Rapiscan Eagle M60 mobile dense cargo X-ray scanning systems to Iraq. Delivery is due June 19, 2016.
- Boeing (NYSE: BA ) won an $80 million contract to provide the U.S. Air Force with technical support for Small Diameter Bomb Increment 1 (SDB 1) production and upgrades through June 19, 2019.
- Bell Helicopter Textron (NYSE: TXT ) was awarded a $44.7 million contract modification to convert a previously awarded undefinitized contract action (for the repair of various UH-1Y and AH-1Z helicopter parts) into a cost-plus-fixed- fee price contract. These repairs are scheduled to be completed by January 2017.
- BAE Systems (NASDAQOTH: BAESY ) won a $9.4 million contract to supply the U.S. Missile Defense Agency with eight 512×512 two-color high speed Digital Focal Plane Arrays (DFPAs) for missile defense, offering a combination of high resolution, high frame rate, and advanced digital processing functionality. Delivery is due January 2017.