Fool HQ was buzzing last week about the Berkshire Hathaway (NYSE: BRK-A ) (NYSE: BRK-B ) shareholder meeting from the previous weekend. We were like high-schoolers rehashing the party we threw when Jenny's parents were away.
A bunch of us Fools had descended on Omaha that weekend, some for the first time, some for the umpteenth time. But we all wanted to listen to Warren Buffett and Charlie Munger break down the current financial crisis and expound on their investing philosophies. We were also hoping for some stock picks. I'm happy to report that we got all that and more (the more being great steaks, a chance to meet some of the greater Fool community, and three of us getting into the value investing spirit and sharing a $39.99-per-night hotel room)!
In case you missed it, here's a summary rehash of our rehash (click the links for the articles):
- We debated which Buffett bomb was the biggest ... and there were a few to choose from!
- Buffett unveiled that Wells Fargo (NYSE: WFC ) (at its previously reduced prices) was the stock he'd go all in on, if he had to.
- Some of us actually disagreed with Buffett (sacrilege, I know) and I offered five companies (three from Buffett's own Berkshire portfolio) that I'd be more comfortable going all in on.
- Munger and Buffett were amazingly bullish on Google's (Nasdaq: GOOG ) moat.
- We mused on a Buffett-less Berkshire Hathaway.
- Jeff Matthews gave us a respite from our Foolish groupthink and offered his perspective on the Berkshire weekend.
- Buffett and Munger had a ton of great quotes at the Berkshire meeting.
- And Munger had some additional humdingers at the Wesco Financial (NYSE: WSC ) meeting a few days later.
Until next year, Fool on!