December 01, 1997 - December 05, 1997
News for Friday, December 05, 1997
- Boring beats the S&P for the day thanks to a surge by Cisco.
- While Jeff Fischer is in Tahoe dining on wine and cheese, Rick Munarriz writes the Fool Port recap.That's right folks, it's an Edible recap.
- Randy Befumo inaugurates Touchstone Friday. Join him in the Drip recap as he updates every Fool on the Drip happenings of the week.
- Ascend Vaults on Rumors: Is a takeover in the Future? The buzz is that Lucent is interested. In the Evening News.
- 3Dfx Special Effects: The company exploded upwards on news of an increase in Q4 sales. In the Lunchtime News.
- Drop the business section! Read today's Fribble for the fun way to check portfolio growth.
- Steris bounces back from trouble with a double.
- Imagyn there are no profits. It's easy to do.
News for Thursday, December 04, 1997
- Tom Gardner writes a very special Fool Portfolio recap -- Four things about the world of money that must change.
- Borders led the Boring Portfolio to a nearly 1% gain today. Join Mark Weaver in tonight's recap.
- How did your favorite stores do in November? Check out our November Retail Sales report and find out.
- How do I love thee? Let me compound the ways. Robert Sheard waxes poetic about compounding in the Daily Dow report.
- In tonight's Foolish Workshop, Robert Sheard presents the 1986 returns of the Keystone Approach.Western Dig Turmoil: With all the bad news coming from Western Dig recently, what's an investor to do? In the Evening News.
- Randy Befumo explains Enterprise Value in today's Drip Port Report.
- MoneyGram Wires Bad News: The money transfer business plummets on news that it will miss Q4 numbers.In today's Lunchtime News.
- Selena strikes back at the mass-mailers in today's Fribble, The Junk E-mail Spam Fribble.
- A strong housing market had led to a Pier 1 Double.
- Problems with a new drug led to Trouble for Cambridge NeuroScience.
News for Wednesday, December 03, 1997
- Is Green Tree diseased? The financial company was chopped down again today. Join Greg Markus in the Boring recap for all the details.
- AOL rises as an analyst initiates it as a buy, but Iomega stumbles and takes the Fool Port with it.
- 3Com will miss Q2 1998 numbers and continues to struggle with an inventory problem.
- In the Foolish Workshop, Robert Sheard presents three questions you must answer in order to set up your own portfolio.
- The father of the Dow Dividend Approach says he doesn't advocate it anymore. What's a Fool to do?
- Risky Business: Louis Corrigan discusses the importance of assessing the risk of an investment. In the Evening News.
- Join this week's Family Fool to find out how you can get a grip on year-end planning.
- 3Com Navigating the Channel -- Let the doomsayers have their day and be a cool-handed investor. Get the latest in the Lunchtime News.
- Scenes from Donnie Brasco 2 in today's Fribble, Wiseguys and Fools.
- The bull market has been good to Charles Schwab.
Iwerks stock has
been jerked around like one of its
News for Tuesday, December 02, 1997
- Join Greg Markus in the Boring recap as he discusses Cisco's rocky day.
- Innovex signs a deal with Seagate and Trump hits its low before rebounding. Join Jeff in the Fool Port recap.
- Have Cabletron Investors Had Enough? -- The company misses estimates for the third straight time. In the Evening News.
- In tonight's Drip recap, Jeff Fischer discusses the largest food seller in the world -- N-E-S-T-L-E-S. You know, the one that makes the very best.
- Altera smeared for a 20% loss and Cabletron suffers a similar fate. Is there a connection? Are analysts aliens? Is cyclicality an actual word? Find out on today's episode of the X Fools! - FoolAudio!
- Altera Tumbles: But investors shouldn't be concerned. It's all part of normal inventory cyclicality. Today, in the Lunchtime News.
- Defenestration and Cash...Why we should like cash and hate debt in today's Fribble.
- Outfitter Abercrombie and Fitch is looking pretty sharp these days.
- In-line skate maker First Team Sports has taken a nasty fall.
News for Monday, December 01, 1997
- The Drip Portfolio had a good day with Intel's rise of more than 2%. Join Jeff Fischer as he discusses the two portfolio holdings.
- Robert Sheard explains how making a big withdrawal from a Roth IRA can still net over $6 million in the Foolish Four recap.
- David Gardner praises Voltaire, the U.S. stock market, and freedom all in the same Fool recap.
- Tidewater continues to drift out to sea and Oracle is downgraded. Get the latest in tonight's Boring recap.
- General Scanning Advances: The company rose 5% after announcing the acquisition of Reel-Tech, a subsidiary of Data I/O Corp. In the Evening News.
- Read Greg Markus' interview with Cisco's Director of Investor Relations.
- Robert offers the current screen rankings in today's Foolish Workshop.
- An Awful Lot of Cars -- are we in for an auto industry crash? Read this week's Slate to find out.
- News of stricter medical monitoring sends Warner-Lambert lower. Today, in the Lunchtime News.
- Bally Total Fitness pumps up the jam.
- Ashes to ashes -- Caribbean Cigar is snuffed out.
- Find out what traffic in LA has to do with the stock market in today's Fribble.