Bio and Archives
Dan Caplinger is a contract writer for The Motley Fool. In addition to his writing, Dan works as an independent financial consultant and estate-planning attorney. Finding that taking one bar exam wasn't enough punishment, he took three (and passed them all!) and went on to become a CFP (certified financial planner) professional in 2004.
Dan focuses on making complex legal and financial concepts easier to understand. His experience in drafting legal documents, administering trusts and estates, and developing personal financial plans all contributes to the content of his articles. Although he generally doesn't pay attention to conspiracy theories, Dan has a healthy skepticism of the mainstream financial industry.
For the moment, Dan has given up his dreams of becoming a professional card player, but don't be surprised if you see him busting out on Day 1 of next year's World Series of Poker. And if he pulls up behind you in his convertible, you'd be well advised to pull over and let him pass. Seriously!
Recent Articles by
- 04/17/2015 - Canadian National Railway Looks to Invest in Its Future
- 04/17/2015 - Why Hasbro Investors Don't Care About Declining Sales
- 04/17/2015 - Global Concerns and Inflation Spook Stocks (Even Though They Shouldn't)
- 04/17/2015 - Reynolds American, Inc. Earnings Smoke Higher Despite Merger Concerns
- 04/17/2015 - Will Frontier's Verizon Deal Keep Its Dividend Up?