Bio and Archives
Dan Caplinger is a contract writer for The Motley Fool. In addition to his writing, Dan works as an independent financial consultant and estate-planning attorney. Finding that taking one bar exam wasn't enough punishment, he took three (and passed them all!) and went on to become a CFP (certified financial planner) professional in 2004.
Dan focuses on making complex legal and financial concepts easier to understand. His experience in drafting legal documents, administering trusts and estates, and developing personal financial plans all contributes to the content of his articles. Although he generally doesn't pay attention to conspiracy theories, Dan has a healthy skepticism of the mainstream financial industry.
For the moment, Dan has given up his dreams of becoming a professional card player, but don't be surprised if you see him busting out on Day 1 of next year's World Series of Poker. And if he pulls up behind you in his convertible, you'd be well advised to pull over and let him pass. Seriously!
Recent Articles by
- 03/08/2014 - How Proposed IRA Changes Could Hurt Your Family's Future
- 03/08/2014 - Retirement vs. College Saving: 3 Reasons to Put Yourself First
- 03/08/2014 - Why the Next Mortgage Crisis Could Come Sooner Than You Think
- 03/08/2014 - What's the Tax Bill For Finding $10 Million in Buried Treasure?
- 03/08/2014 - The Most Amazing S&P Stocks of the Past 7 Years