Dividend Payers in Technology

The following video is part of our "Motley Fool Conversations" series, in which Motley Fool CEO Tom Gardner stops by to discuss topics across the investing world.

In today's edition, Tom offers five technology stocks you can hold for the next 10 years and beat the markets. While technology has long been a dividend wasteland, Tom believes dividend-focused investors shouldn't miss these high-quality companies.

Looking for the technology trend set to define the next decade? We're creating 60% more data every year. That's an astounding growth rate that presents opportunity for investors who can find the leaders not only storing the data but finding new, innovative ways of analyzing it. To take advantage of this gigantic technology opportunity, The Motley Fool has compiled a new report called "The Only Stock You Need to Profit From the NEW Technology Revolution." The report highlights a company that has gained more than 200% since first recommended by Fool analysts but still has plenty of room left to run. Thousands have requested access to this special free report, and now you can access it today at no cost. To get instant access to the names of this company transforming the IT industry, click here -- it's free.

Tom Gardner do not own shares of the companies listed above. The Motley Fool owns shares of ManTech International. Motley Fool newsletter services have recommended buying shares of Automatic Data Processing and Cognex. Try any of our Foolish newsletter services free for 30 days. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.

• Report this Comment On December 20, 2011, at 4:53 PM, Hawmps wrote:

I notice that these video conversations get far fewer recomendations than the written articles. Just an observation.

• Report this Comment On December 21, 2011, at 1:40 PM, TMFTomGardner wrote:

I'm not sure that trying to start a movement against video online is going to gather much momentum. There was a point in time when companies had to begin abandoning the Apple IIe series. The future just took hold, and the world moved toward high power computing options.

The fact is, The Motley Fool is going to be creating more and more video coverage of the financial markets. We also have audio podcasts. And yet we still also publish thousands upon thousands of writting articles every month.

I hope you enjoy all of it -- as much as I do. :)

Fool on, Tom

• Report this Comment On December 21, 2011, at 2:47 PM, Hawmps wrote:

Yeah, I'm not making the connection between the Apple IIe and the written word. That's like apples and beer... not even apple and oranges (<Ok, come on, that's a good pun). As I type I can't help but wonder if written language is obsolete? But somehow I don't think writing could become obsolete.

I guess I'd say, the written word has a very large moat. ;)

Perhaps some simple transcript software? and a "click the link to see transcript" somewhere on the page. That would be cool, and a nice touch for us Fools that live in remote areas. I just can't do streaming very well where I am so I just click on the next one. Oh well, the price of paradise I suppose.

One thing I always liked about Motley Fool is that it this place is not just a bunch of Talking Heads. But as you say, I guess the future is taking hold.

• Report this Comment On December 21, 2011, at 10:05 PM, TMFTomGardner wrote:

Good points, both of you. I will endeavor to make you happy. We are thankful you are Fools. :)

P.S. Writing is here to stay. Multimedia is the future...multiple mediums of communication. Thanks for your notes.

• Report this Comment On December 22, 2011, at 3:57 PM, Hawmps wrote:

Thanks for the open ear (well, eyes for reading) Tom.

I know there are also plenty of Fools that like to read through the articles at their place of business and putting on a pair of headphones to listen to the videos and podcasts is probably not going to fly too far in an office environment.

But with that said, I am all for multimedia, the digital revolution, downloading content in a blink of an eye, and putting a video you just made on facebook within 30 seconds of filming and so-forth.