Our motto here at The Motley Fool is "to educate, amuse, and enrich." We try to focus on all three of these in everything we do, from our online articles and newsletter services to our annual Foolanthropy drive and thriving message-board community.
For August, though, we're giving special emphasis to the "educate" part. Just as kids across the country kiss their lazy summer days goodbye and trudge back to classrooms, blackboards, and arithmetic, we're also settling in to focus on education.
We'll be covering the topic of education from myriad angles. We'll talk about saving for your children's college education, as well as the need for financial education in schools. We'll also have articles focusing on the world of retail, covering companies like Abercrombie and Fitch (NYSE: ANF ) , American Eagle Outfitters (Nasdaq: AEOS ) , and Wal-Mart (NYSE: WMT ) , which are hoping to prosper from back-to-school spending.
Furthermore, we'll be including book reviews of our writers' favorite investing tomes, and revisiting those "Foolish Fundamentals" every investor should understand, to spark your own continuing education. We'll also take a look at for-profit education companies to find out if they represent smart opportunities for investors, and dig into Motley Fool Hidden Gems recommendation Blackboard (Nasdaq: BBBB ) .
So, Fools, sharpen your pencils and dust off your calculators. It's time to go back to Fool, errrr, school.
More back-to-school articles:
- Why Johnny Doesn't Save
- Undies for Eagles
- School's in for the Summer
- Blackboard Scribblings
- 3 Stocks That Missed the Mark: Back-to-School Edition
- Invest With the Cool Kids
- What's Cool in Back-to-School
- Extra Credit Investing
- Math for Retail Nerds
- What Students Need to Learn
- 3 Back-to-School Stocks
- How to Use the P/E Ratio
- How to Use the P/B Ratio
- How to Use the P/S Ratio
Get your kids into college:
- Get Your Kids to College: Introduction
- Get Your Kids to College: Coverdell ESAs
- Get Your Kids to College: Custodial Accounts
- Get Your Kids to College: 529 Plans
- Prioritize Your Savings: Retirement or Kid's College?
Foolish book reviews:
- Foolish Book Review: The Intelligent Investor
- Foolish Book Review: The Battle for the Soul of Capitalism
- Foolish Book Review: Sex, Money, KISS
- Foolish Book Review: Confessions of a Street Addict
- Foolish Book Review: Origins of the Crash
- Foolish Book Review: Expectations Investing
- Foolish Book Review: Sam Walton: Made in America
- Foolish Book Review: Poor Charlie's Almanack
- Foolish Fundamentals: Stocks
- Foolish Fundamentals: The Income Statement
- Foolish Fundamentals: Enterprise Value
- Foolish Fundamentals: Inventory
- Foolish Fundamentals: The Balance Sheet
- Foolish Fundamentals: Same-Store Sales
- Foolish Fundamentals: Bonds
- Foolish Fundamentals: GAAP
- Foolish Fundamentals: Stock Dilution
- Foolish Fundamentals: Margins
As mentioned above, Blackboard is a Motley Fool Hidden Gems recommendation. Wal-Mart is a recommendation in Motley Fool Inside Value, while American Eagle is a Motley Fool Stock Advisor pick. You can try any of our newsletter services free for 30 days.
The Motley Fool has a very well-educated disclosure policy.