Let us guess. It's a few hours till the witching hour and you've spent all your time worrying about your portfolio instead of your costume. Fear not, we're combining your two problems into one solution (talk about efficient, folks!): The Motley Fool's Top 13 Financial Halloween Costume Ideas:
13. Grab a bottle of fake tan, dump $480 million worth of stock while running your company into the ground, and testify to your neighbors that you are Angelo Mozilo, former CEO of Countrywide Financial.
12. Spend Halloween in denial with an Alan Greenspan getup. Here are a few quotes to help you get into character. Hurry ... costume rates are down half a point as we write this!
11. If you really want to infuse some fun, dress up as the Dow at 5,000 and torment your friends' portfolios. Guaranteed to turn party-goers green (or is that red?).
10. Feeling brave? Go as a short seller. Feeling really brave? Go as a naked short seller.
9. If you're feeling extremely, extremely bearish about the market, a Nouriel Roubini costume should suit you just fine.
8. Be the U.S. dollar. If you're feeling strong, beat up on your friend (dressed as a British pound, of course). If you're feeling weak, take the pounding.
7. Don't feel like doing much? Hang a closed sign around your neck, and say that you're Russia's market.
6. Hot stone massage anyone? As an AIG
5. That chalk outline on the ground? Oh, that's just a dead Lehman Brother.
4. Looking for a couple's costume? Fannie Mae
3. A Warren Buffett costume seems like a winner. Drop some dollar bills and wait for General Electric
2. All you need to make an Iceland costume is a sign that says: "Will work for money."
And the No. 1 financial Halloween costume idea is ...