Introducing 11 O'Clock Stock!

Fools, it's time to get back in the market. With interest rates yielding 1% to 2%, and the threat of inflation looming on the horizon, it's time to take advantage of today's great stock opportunities! That's why we're announcing our new series "11 O'Clock Stock."

Starting July 26, check Fool.com at 11 a.m. ET. We'll be finding a new great stock idea every weekday for the next 50 days. The best part? We're doing it for free, to fulfill our mission of helping you get better investment returns.

Watch the video below for a special announcement on the series, then read on below:

Why invest now? Investors have given up faith in the market. Worse yet, the crash has made people lose faith in their own abilities. David and I decided to challenge our team of analysts to prove that investing in the market is still exciting, that there are still great stocks providing amazing returns. Our experts will search the full spectrum: Whether in technology, media, retail, international, domestic, large caps, or small caps, we'll be scouring the market for exciting opportunities.

Not only that, but to prove how much we believe in getting back into the market, we'll also be investing $50,000 of our own money into these stocks!

So come back to Fool.com at 11 a.m. ET every weekday for a new stock. In addition to the pick, we'll have a video up on the site with one of our analysts discussing the stock. We think we've got some huge winners lined up for investors out there.

To see a list of all the stocks we've recommended, click here.

Tom Gardner owns shares of no companies listed above. Try any of our Foolish newsletter services free for 30 days. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.

• Report this Comment On July 22, 2010, at 4:54 PM, edyboom223 wrote:

Another great service provided by the Fool to it's loyal customers!

• Report this Comment On July 22, 2010, at 4:55 PM, edyboom223 wrote:

Agh...*its

• Report this Comment On July 23, 2010, at 8:41 AM, TMFRhino wrote:

Thanks edyboom223, we hope people have fun and find some great new stock ideas from the series.

• Report this Comment On July 23, 2010, at 3:22 PM, edshock wrote:

Sounds like even in this market you can have fun.

I'll be watching daily

• Report this Comment On July 23, 2010, at 3:28 PM, abcmexyz wrote:

This is very generous! It demonstrates that David and Tom are the real deal. Trust is the lost value at this present time. The fools are corporate, with a kinda Ben and Jerry style. They are 'gona make money, but so are you! Fool ON!

• Report this Comment On July 23, 2010, at 4:49 PM, dragonLZ wrote:

Can't you guys make that 12 O'Clock Stock?

At 11 I'm still working as my lunch break doesn't start until 12.

Thanks a bunch,

DLZ

• Report this Comment On July 23, 2010, at 4:53 PM, TMFRhino wrote:

dragonLZ,

Probably a little late for that ;). If you come at 12, the article and video should still be up on the site.

Best,

Eric

• Report this Comment On July 23, 2010, at 4:55 PM, goalie37 wrote:

You guys rock! Fool on!

• Report this Comment On July 23, 2010, at 5:27 PM, halindrome wrote:

Will these recommendations be independent of the recommendations from your premium services such as Stock Advisor? Or will you leverage the research from the premium services?

• Report this Comment On July 23, 2010, at 5:33 PM, WallstreetKnight wrote:

Will those of us we can't access the video/article around that time still be able to come in later and see the pick?

Either way, great service and thanks.

TMF has already taught me a lot about investing.

• Report this Comment On July 23, 2010, at 5:45 PM, spadeknight wrote:

ill be watching every day and investing. I will trust but verify as reagan always said. I do believe in your skills and talent to pick good stocks so dont let me down im putting my trust in you. If you come through and these stocks fly you will gain yourselves thousands of faithful followers and help alot of people... thanks. jeff

• Report this Comment On July 23, 2010, at 5:46 PM, Fool4ZTribe wrote:

A rising tide lifts all boats... I keep repeating that because otherwise I feel bad that I am paying for my Duke Street subscription while you are giving away free advice. If this is TMF's best shot at the 50 best investment ideas they have, then I would say that it has not been made available to your customers before now, which is ... foolish.

On the other hand, if these are ideas that are already in many Fools' portfolios, then the lemmings who jump in will indeed push prices up for all of us... Foolishly.

• Report this Comment On July 23, 2010, at 6:03 PM, gimponthego wrote:

Look at BIG. After a $35.50 day on 5/6 it dipped to $31 and rose and dipped as the stores transitioned from discretionary to essential in the nick of time. This is premature, as I can tell time and know what day it is! I'm just excited, as BIG closed at $35.68 today and was climbing

• Report this Comment On July 23, 2010, at 6:38 PM, TMFRhino wrote:

Halindrome,

Recommendations are independent of our premium services. There will be analysts from our newsletter side, but this is a program of our fool.com side.

Best,

Eric Bleeker (TMFRhino)

• Report this Comment On July 23, 2010, at 6:39 PM, TMFRhino wrote:

WallStreeKnight,

While the picks might not be in the "main article" spot after a certain amount of time, if you go to Fool.com we'll keep the video up for longer and move the article into the "Top Stories" slot. If you come to Fool.com, you'll be able to find the story.

Best,

Eric Bleeker (TMFRhino)

• Report this Comment On July 23, 2010, at 6:44 PM, TMFRhino wrote:

Fool4ZTribe,

The difference between our free side and premium services is that on the free side, there's a group of contributors with differing opinions.

On the premium side, you get the analytical work of a team, making specific recommendations, and then monitoring those choices. In addition you also get features like best buys now, and actionable trades (through options, Pro, etc.)

On '50 Stocks', it will be 50 independent recommendations (consistent with how our editorial team functions). We have confidence in our internal analysts and editors abilities, but its more of an 'ideas' based series. We want to give readers 50 great ideas across the span. It's a different concept, but I don't think it belittles or gives away the value you receive from our premium content at all.

Best,

Eric Bleeker (TMFRhino)

• Report this Comment On July 23, 2010, at 11:54 PM, mobil4 wrote:

Great news!!! I hope that you will be looking for stocks that produce a dividend of at least 8% or better.

I know that is not easy, but you sure can try.

Regards

Mobil4

• Report this Comment On July 24, 2010, at 12:34 AM, TMFRhino wrote:

Mobile4,

Why not look to some of the rural telecoms? WIN and CTL both fit the bill. If you want a stock with some price appreciation potential, VZ and T are yielding between 6 and 7%.

Here's an article I wrote on the subject today:

Best,

Eric Bleeker, TMFRhino

• Report this Comment On July 24, 2010, at 7:58 AM, RoundTheWorld wrote:

This sounds intriguing. I look forward to watching the picks. I am currently deployed in Iraq for the military and am new to investing but I have already taken some advice from TMF and invested in some of the under $10 a share stocks you guys had posted a few weeks ago. I am looking to use some of these deployment funds to better diversify my portfolio, I hope this segment works out! Thanks again for your advice!

• Report this Comment On July 24, 2010, at 9:40 AM, DYCRIL wrote:

The salvation to market success is to buy low and sell high and invest in energy MLPs...then the is no fear or greed...Prescott, AZ Fool

• Report this Comment On July 24, 2010, at 10:26 AM, shivy1 wrote:

If I like what I see I might buy a year membership

• Report this Comment On July 24, 2010, at 10:34 PM, Tygered wrote:

I am looking forward to Monday even more than normal this week. I plan on following your Foolish advice and see what happens.

See you Monday at 11 (10am my time)

• Report this Comment On July 25, 2010, at 12:43 PM, teamoc wrote:

You guys are awesome! Besides who can't like a guy with a haircut like Tom's (we go to the same barber) I've just been a Fool for a few short months, have bought several "Core and "Buy Now" recommendations.

This is just icing on the cake, can't wait to see what you come up with. "Trust and Verify"

See you Monday

• Report this Comment On July 25, 2010, at 10:04 PM, sentinelbrit wrote:

Good idea. But Fool was bearish for most of the last 18 months. The time to get invested was last year.

• Report this Comment On July 26, 2010, at 9:26 AM, kensafool wrote:

Is there a specific link where the 11 O'Clock Picks will be displayed?

• Report this Comment On July 26, 2010, at 9:33 AM, TMFRhino wrote:

kensafool,

They'll be the main story on fool.com at 11 AM each day. Also, there will be a video in the video player slot.

Best,

Eric Bleeker (TMFRhino)

• Report this Comment On July 26, 2010, at 10:04 AM, caballote77 wrote:

I wish the Fool was a public company! I'm sure revenues / profits are sure to pick up in the future as the market recovers.

look at TSCM selling at the cash on the B.S. and it's a WAY inferior product and service.

Come on Tom / David when are you guys going public?

C.

• Report this Comment On July 26, 2010, at 11:08 AM, Zaneyjaney wrote:

OK, I'm at Fool.com, and excited about this event, but I don't see anything new posted at 11 a.m. Where do I find it, please?

• Report this Comment On July 26, 2010, at 11:15 AM, Zaneyjaney wrote:

OK, there it is -- thanks!

• Report this Comment On July 26, 2010, at 12:52 PM, riwaterman wrote:

Sorry, I don't get it but I like the idea but don't think I understand how this will work.

$50,000 in 50 stocks in 50 days.

Is that $1,000 to be invested in each stock over the 50 days? Or are you going to buy 25 shares of one stock on day 1 and on day 2 pehaps buy 5000 shares of another stock and on day 3 buy perhaps 100 shares of a third stock. If I want to "play along" with $50K of my own money how to I allocate that $50000 to each daily purchase? Without knowing that you could have a great return and I could have an absolutely awful return after 50 days. It's all in the allocation of funds to each stock?

For example today you recommended Qualcom. That's seems like a very good investment BUT @ $39+/- a share I could buy 25 shares if I invest $1,000 today or I could buy 100 shares and spend 7.8% of my 50 day $50,000 budget for buying as part of your program?

Just recommending a stock isn't enough.

please explain.

• Report this Comment On July 26, 2010, at 1:00 PM, TMFRhino wrote:

Hey riwaterman,

Here's the FAQ on the series: http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2010/07/26/the-11-oclo...

We're equal weighting each stock.

Best,

Eric Bleeker (TMFRhino)

• Report this Comment On July 26, 2010, at 1:11 PM, riwaterman wrote:

Thanks Eric!!!!

didn't know the FAQ existed.

• Report this Comment On July 26, 2010, at 11:29 PM, MFIndia wrote:

This is great that MF is actually helping with the recommendations and also for free. I would ask everyone to realize that 50k for MF as a company is a pittance and is like play money. I would prefer that the analysts who are recommending stocks are investing 10% of their total networth in these stocks - then we are talking serious study on these stocks and I will gladly put my money on these stocks. Without this serious money behind, I would be careful of all the picks and ask each of you to do your own diligence - for one many can't study more than 8 to 10 stocks unless it is your full time job or your as talented as FLPSX manager Joel Tillinghast.

• Report this Comment On July 27, 2010, at 9:08 AM, TMFRhino wrote:

Hey MFIndia,

Even if analysts were putting 10% of their money behind a pick (and I will gladly buy my first rec, QCOM when our disclosure rules allow it), it's always TMF's opinion that investors should conduct their own diligence before buying any stock. If you're an investor, always make sure to understand the risks of each stock, and whether it makes sense for your portfolio. Thanks for checking the series out!

Best,

Eric Bleeker (TMFRhino)

• Report this Comment On July 28, 2010, at 5:24 PM, foorpool wrote:

I just read the FAQ. The answer to the first question has some interesting wording... "David and Tom Gardner worry that people, disillusioned with investing, aren't staying invested in the market". I could be wrong but it sounds like David and Tom are seeing subscriptions lapse and are worried about their income. Again I could be wrong, but picking 50 stocks in 50 days for $50K could be a smoke and mirrors. Most readers won't have $50K to invest so they'll have to select a fewer number. Odds may have it that enough people will see their small selection gain in value who then become enamored with TMF and shell out for newsletters. With 50 stocks, somebody will make money. Then David and Tom can stop worrying. Impossible?

• Report this Comment On July 28, 2010, at 10:07 PM, TMFRhino wrote:

Foorpool,

The fear hasn't come from our newsletters, but rather studies on the subject. See here:

It's always been our mission to enable the individual investor, it pains people to see articles like this. Whether or not you'd like to believe our rationale, the idea behind the series was to find an exciting way to get people excited about finding great stocks again.

Foolish best,

Eric Bleeker (TMFRhino)

• Report this Comment On July 29, 2010, at 11:38 AM, mtd1nc06 wrote:

Eric will the compete list so far be available anywhere? I haven't found a link yet.

Thanks,

Mark

• Report this Comment On July 29, 2010, at 4:10 PM, FloMoney wrote:

Where can we find the past rec's if we missed Tues 7 Wed? Thanks

• Report this Comment On July 29, 2010, at 8:56 PM, bluestarmom wrote:

In all the time I have read your disclosures, I have never noticed anything held by Tom Gardner. I find that very curious. Have I missed his holdings? Does he invest in currencies, preferreds, or something else that his company does not discuss?

As a premium member, I very much want to know if there have been any disclosures of Tom Gardner's holdings. Thanks.

• Report this Comment On July 31, 2010, at 5:02 PM, TMFRhino wrote:

Bluestarmom,

Here's a list of Tom's holdings:

Best,