Fool co-founder David Gardner guest-hosted this morning's edition of CNBC's Worldwide Exchange. David shared his thoughts on the earnings season (which starts today with Alcoa's announcement) and on investing in general. Click below to watch the video. A few snippets:
- "We can be selective and find where the growth is."
- "We are living through a technology boom."
- "I focus on individual companies."
- "I stay focused not on a quarter or a year, but on five- or 10-year increments."
- "I stay focused on companies that are innovating."
- "What I really like to do as a bottoms-up investor is to look for companies that are doing something right. They're usually pleasing consumers, and figuring out how to please them better. Think of Wal-Mart 30 years ago or Amazon.com 10 years ago."
Companies discussed in this video include Nucor (NYSE: NUE ) , Titanium Metals (NYSE: TIE ) , Apple (AAPL), Amazon.com (Nasdaq: AMZN ) , Intuitive Surgical (ISRG), and Green Mountain Coffee Roasters (Nasdaq: GMCR ) .