1 Stock to Buy in December

Two years ago, I attended a press conference, and a company swept me off my feet.

But it wasn't love at first sight.

I went into the press conference with the same preconceptions as everyone else. The company's industry was devastated as a result of the recession, and bankruptcy fears surged. Foreign competition had been eating its lunch for years. The press reports were bad. And demand was in the tank.

Yet the company's CEO impressed me enough to dig in deeper. When I did, I loved the turnaround story I was seeing.

I was impressed, but I didn't recommend buying stock in the company back then. Instead, I decided to hold off, promising that I'd "be watching, hoping for a dip in the road that leads to a cheaper buy-in price."

Well, that cheaper buy-in price is here.

1 stock to buy in December
What's the company? It's Ford (NYSE: F  ) .

If you still think an American car company can't compete with Toyota (NYSE: TM  ) , Honda (NYSE: HMC  ) , Volkswagen, BMW, Hyundai, and the rest, I think you're wrong.

We talk about the power of management a lot at The Motley Fool, and I think Ford's CEO, Alan Mulally, is the real deal. An engineer by training, he came over to Ford from Boeing just five years ago. But in that short time, he's made aggressive, forward-thinking moves that we're just not used to in the American car industry.

America collectively realized it was time to repent our free-spending ways in 2008 as the economy punched us in the face. Smart leaders like JPMorgan's (NYSE: JPM  ) Jamie Dimon started securing their businesses a year or two in advance of the day of reckoning. This preparation saved their companies from the much worse fates that their peers suffered.

Alan Mulally is also on that short list of business leaders who brought in the deck chairs before the storm. Soon after he came to Ford in September 2006, he eliminated Ford's dividend and started slashing costs. This included selling or gutting Ford's laundry list of non-core brands. He eventually sold Jaguar, Land Rover, Aston Martin, and Volvo, reduced Ford's stake in Mazda, and shut down Mercury to focus on Ford for the masses and Lincoln for the luxury market.

Perhaps most controversially, he created a war chest by leveraging Ford further, borrowing over $20 billion. Why? He did it to finance his overhaul plans and as "a cushion to protect for a recession or other unexpected event."

His timing couldn't have been better. He borrowed during bubble times when banks were more than happy to lend -- even to a highly leveraged, capital-intensive car company that had recently reported a string of losses.

When the financial crisis hit, GM (NYSE: GM  ) and Chrysler were forced into bankruptcy. Times weren't rosy for Ford, but since it got a couple of years' head start, it survived without government aid.

Now Ford's thriving
Surviving is nice. But thriving is what we're after.

When I looked at Ford two years ago, I saw a turnaround story that I believed in. Because of all the changes Mulally implemented (and admittedly some boost from the "Cash for Clunkers" program), Ford had turned from a serious money loser to a moneymaker.

But back then, the story was just getting started and I wanted a better price.

Since then, the S&P 500 (INDEX: ^GSPC  ) is up 15% and the Dow Jones (INDEX: ^DJI  ) is up 19%. Meanwhile, Ford is down about 7%.

So the price is a bit better on both an absolute and a relative basis. More important, Ford has continued to be operationally excellent. It's continued its initiatives to streamline. Its labor situation is better, with a new four-year agreement with the UAW. It's gaining market share by focusing on providing cars consumers actually want (e.g., smaller, more fuel-efficient cars in a rising-energy-price world, a partnership with upstart Zipcar (Nasdaq: ZIP  ) , and reliability that's finally competing with Honda and Toyota). It's paying down its debt, earning credit upgrades. And it's delivered nine straight quarters of positive pre-tax operating profits.

The bottom line
In five short years, Alan Mulally has effected an amazing turnaround at Ford, pumping out profits during a rough economy. Yet Ford is currently at $10.60 a share, just 6.4 times its trailing earnings. It's a buy today, and an even better one if shares slip below $10.

I'm bullish on Ford, but our chief investment officer selected a different stock as the No. 1 stock for the next year. Find out which stock in our brand-new free report: "The Motley Fool's Top Stock for 2012." I invite you to take a copy, free for a limited time. Just click here to access the report and find out the name of this legendary company.

Anand Chokkavelu owns shares of GM and JPMorgan. The Motley Fool owns shares of JPMorgan Chase, Zipcar, and Ford. Motley Fool newsletter services have recommended buying shares of Ford, Zipcar, and General Motors. Try any of our Foolish newsletter services free for 30 days. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.

• Report this Comment On December 01, 2011, at 2:21 PM, Japster24 wrote:

Most people I talk to and ask them what their next car will be (including myself and most rich people...read "stop acting rich" by thomas stanley) a Toyota. They just can't shake the a stigma with me that they're not a good car company. They make great fuel sucking trucks...that's their stigma.

• Report this Comment On December 01, 2011, at 2:29 PM, TotallyJaded wrote:

Toyota doesn't have a "sudden acceleration" stigma?

• Report this Comment On December 01, 2011, at 5:51 PM, jm7700229 wrote:

If you ignore the statistically faulty Consumer Reports ratings and read those of experts like JDPower and Edmunds, you'll find that Ford and GM are quite competitive with the big Japanese names on quality (Chrysler is still below the mid-point) and are newly competitive on style. They are very competitive from a pricing standpoint, and, due to the improper way that resale values are calculated, actually hold their values well (the calculations start with MSRP, but American brands almost always sell at a discount, while imports often demand premiums). I just compared my experience with selling my 8 year old Chrysler Town & Country with the equivalent Honda Odyssey that I had looked at using the actual selling prices demanded and learned that, even assuming that the Honda had no repairs of any kind aside from normal maintenance, the Kelley Blue Book figures showed me to be about $4,500 ahead after 8 years.

Here's something to think about, though: if half the people in the US who are planning to buy an imported car or other durable good in the next two years would buy an American made product instead, our economy would be back to full employment by the end of 2013, years ahead of current projections. It's your own future.

• Report this Comment On December 01, 2011, at 6:02 PM, TMFBomb wrote:

What helped turn me around a bit on Ford (besides hearing Mulally speak in person and my research) was the improving reliability on their cars per Consumer Reports.

Will I buy a Ford as my next car in a few years? If I had to guess now, I'd guess "no." But it's at least entered my shortlist of car companies I'd consider.

Fool on,

Anand

• Report this Comment On December 01, 2011, at 6:02 PM, topbeancounter wrote:

Well, I sure hope you're correct since I bought into their story at $16. Just another of your recommendations I get to wait out....

• Report this Comment On December 01, 2011, at 6:11 PM, mikecart1 wrote:

The day I invest in F or GM is the day I buy an American car. That day won't occur in this lifetime. American cars stink! (ex-Ford owner and not just jumping on bandwagon)

• Report this Comment On December 01, 2011, at 6:25 PM, mstone66 wrote:

I am glad to see ford with good press. I have been on the fence for a couple of years about their stock. I wanted them to succeed because I saw and recognized the proactive steps they took so that they did not have to file for a BK. My fear was would the other freeloaders have an unfair advantage in the market. I have been very loyal to toyota, honda, and even nissan (I have one of each and have only owned one of the three for the past 30 years) Ford has made my short list for my next car. right now top two are ford and honda. as for the stock I think I will jump in now.

• Report this Comment On December 01, 2011, at 6:39 PM, xetn wrote:

"..(and admittedly some boost from the "Cash for Clunkers" program)"

This is BS pure and simple. All Cash for Clunkers did was move consumption forward at the expense of downstream consumption. And to top it off, destroying all of those usable used cars caused prices of the rest to jump up. This hurt low income people's ability to purchase cheap(er) transportation. It also eliminated a cheap supply of used auto parts that many low income people used to repair their cars at affordable costs, allowing them to get more use out of an existing car.

• Report this Comment On December 01, 2011, at 7:14 PM, CHUCK423 wrote:

Too bad they are still leveraged 30x1. They should have taken bankruptcy like GM and Chrysler. It will take them 5 years or more to reduce debt. But I like their Trucks. I have one. But I won't buy their stock.

• Report this Comment On December 01, 2011, at 7:21 PM, mike2153 wrote:

Cash for Clunkers worked great for me. I had an old Chevy pick up that was constantly breaking down. I bought my first ever new car because of the Cash for Clunker program and I'm extremely happy with it. Although it's a Scion XB, I do own Ford stock, which I first purchased in '09 at $5.40.

• Report this Comment On December 01, 2011, at 7:36 PM, nofoolingforme wrote:

Great article. Ford cars can compete with any of them out there for the price. They've done it through looking forward and without any help from bailouts. People should support their own and keep their neighbours employed. At one time, many people in Norh America had at least one relative or friend who was employed by the Big Three, directly or indirectly. There was a sense of loyalty. Japanese products were synonymous with cheaply made. Now, there are so many people here that are from other countries that there is no loyalty to their new homeland and the companies that made it prosperous and gave people work. Foreign cars are way over-rated. If they ever do break down, the repair costs are enormous. Invest in Ford and GM and you won't regret it.

• Report this Comment On December 01, 2011, at 8:01 PM, wgt46 wrote:

Bought my first Ford product, a fuel-saving Fiesta for my wife who uses it for commuting. She loves it and it's saving us a fortune. The product is very impressive and Mulalley's "one platform" strategy has tremendous potential to drive down costs. Everybody focuses on the US market when cars are discussed, and they're looking in the wrong place. It's a global game and Ford has a chance to win globally. Ford is worth a close look both as a stock and for their product.

• Report this Comment On December 01, 2011, at 8:37 PM, rwsmd wrote:

I just donated my 2002 GMC Z71 4wd to charity after racking up 315,000 miles and a blown transfer case. I wanted so much to buy another GM, but didn't because, not only did I lose 10K when GM stock went to zero, I had the privilege of helping to bail them out with my tax money. Nobody bailed me out. I'm done giving GM my dollars. I admire Ford for running a tight corporate ship and wish them all success as I do own their stock.

• Report this Comment On December 01, 2011, at 9:04 PM, DBLBLU wrote:

I find the debate about American cars versus foreign cars to be fascinating. My wife drives a Ford Fusion. I drive a Kia Sorento. The Fusion is built in Mexico. The Sorento is built in Georgia. Which one is the "American" car?

• Report this Comment On December 01, 2011, at 9:15 PM, rgperrin wrote:

I'll buy an American motorcar--any American motorcar--just as soon as three things happen at the same time: hell freezes over, the oceans dry up, and Obama admits that he's in over his head.

• Report this Comment On December 01, 2011, at 10:13 PM, alvidovich wrote:

I have enjoyed these comments. I also heard good comments today on Bloomberg radio about Ford. I think I am ready to buy some Ford and sell a Jan 2013 option strike price 12. You would actually be buying the stock at about $8.70

• Report this Comment On December 01, 2011, at 11:25 PM, dsciola wrote:

I have been looking at Ford for a while and I too am intrigued by this turnaround story. However, I'm a little concerned going forward about their global future.

A substantial portion of their sales is now global, and EMEA sales I believe account for about 25% of total sales. Will a European slowdown weigh down on Ford and if so how much? That I think is the key question, among others.

Dom

• Report this Comment On December 02, 2011, at 8:18 AM, stockbundles wrote:

I've rented the Ford Fusion when I travel out of my state and it is a very nice ride! Might think about picking up some stock as I have been impressed with how they've weathered the financial storm. Anyone the taxpayers didn't have to bail out is alright with me.

Any reason why I shouldn't pick up a Hyundai Sonata while I'm at it? To me, it is much more desirable to the eyes than the Toyota Camry (and cheaper too)...Other than the fact that it is not an "American Made Car"?

• Report this Comment On December 02, 2011, at 8:44 AM, ras3098 wrote:

I bough F and am down over 30%, I see no reason to throw my money at this POS anymore.

• Report this Comment On December 02, 2011, at 9:12 AM, lud6 wrote:

Ditto to ras3098. F was a SA buy in April of 2010. I bit and am down 23%. How has the situation changed since then?

• Report this Comment On December 02, 2011, at 10:04 AM, rdub76 wrote:

Did no one buy in when F was around $2-6? I did. Made a tidy little profit. I am a Ford owner. I've owned several over the years and my next vehicle will be Ford. My current ride an '04 F-150 has over 200,000 miles and is still going strong with only 2 or 3 minor repairs recently that I had been expecting for a while. The fact that they did not ask for nor accept a gov't bailout speaks volumes to the leadership of this company. F is one of my favorite stocks.

• Report this Comment On December 02, 2011, at 10:13 AM, lud6 wrote:

Testimonials and positive sales reports for F products have not raised stock prices, period. F has been a dog.

• Report this Comment On December 02, 2011, at 11:55 AM, jrj90620 wrote:

Ford looks like doing the right stuff.The problem,in my opinion,is so much over capacity in the industry.Would have been better for Ford if GM and Chrysler had gone away.Korean's coming on strong and China to be a big factor soon.So,this may be a tough business to be in.

• Report this Comment On December 02, 2011, at 12:28 PM, twaishek wrote:

Just sold my Ford stock and walked away with a nice profit (bought@$7sold@$11). This is after holding the stock for 3+ years with no dividend. There are many, many better places to put your money. Auto stocks are slow growers. There's just too much good competition. Finally everyone, even Fiat, has realized that if it isn't well made people just aren't going to buy it. Put your money into medical technologies or anything connected to the internet.

Don't Fool around with companies that yield very little in return.

• Report this Comment On December 02, 2011, at 12:39 PM, tedhunt1 wrote:

Bought at 2, sold at 8. Felt stupid doing so after it ran to 15, but that's okay.

I'll never own a Ford but I rented one recently in Italy. Focus Diesel Stationwagon. I was really expecting a Alfa MITO - that's what I reserved - BUT the Focus met every need: room, economy (spent 50 euros for a week of constant driving: 800KM). Not sexy but it worked.

Good luck Ford, and shareholders

• Report this Comment On December 02, 2011, at 12:48 PM, Mega wrote:

"Times weren't rosy for Ford, but since it got a couple of years' head start, it survived without government aid."

• Report this Comment On December 02, 2011, at 4:45 PM, stevenbremer wrote:

I bought in at 11.87. I bought for many of the reasons the author described. As someone who follows the industry I think that Ford is in a great place as far as product is concerned.

As a stock holder I bought my money where my mouth is an bought a 2011 Escape. It has been a pleasure to own and super reliable.

My only request is that the compnay starts to offer dividends.

• Report this Comment On December 02, 2011, at 5:00 PM, hheiserman wrote:

Anand –

If you look at the total cost of ownership, F sells for 24x free cash flow, per my trusty Old School Value spreadsheet (an excellent tool, btw).

In my experience, buying at these elevated multiples leads to frowny-face performance.

In contrast, Apple sells for just 10x FCF, adjusted for cash ($82 billion) and debt (none).

A couple of points about enterprise value.

First, if you use EV, then subtract from FCF the after-tax interest/investment income (nil in AAPL's case) and add AT interest expense. You make these adjustments because in a cash-free, debt-free balance sheet (the theory behind EV), this income/expense disappears.

Second, since AAPL has $54 billion of its cash and marketable securities overseas, I deducted from its $82 billion cash hoard a hypothetical $20 billion for taxes, which is tax liability if this money is repatriated to Cupertino and then distributed via a super-dividend to stockholders.

Your comments on the quality of Mulally’s stewardship are excellent. Thanks.

Hewitt

• Report this Comment On December 02, 2011, at 10:41 PM, 2047grf wrote:

Ford has settled with the unions and that will remove or at least define their labor costs for 4 years.

• Report this Comment On December 05, 2011, at 11:57 AM, TMFBomb wrote:

@hheiserman,

I avoid using enterprise value/free cash flow on Ford because of its finance arm, which skews the calculation (the same reason I don't use it on banks).

-Anand

• Report this Comment On December 05, 2011, at 4:27 PM, thomluc3 wrote:

We are seeing more fords on the road in ST. Lucia.

• Report this Comment On December 05, 2011, at 10:01 PM, JustMee01 wrote:

@Anand,

Re: your comment to hheiserman.

Exactly. Can you use FCF to accurately value BAC or JPM?

You need to cut Ford in half and value the pieces. All the information is there as the financials are supplied consolidated and segmented. With all the leverage financials carry, the finance arm distorts the numbers. Ford effectively does not carry as much debt as its detractors imply.

• Report this Comment On December 08, 2011, at 11:11 AM, TMFBomb wrote:

As an update, with the Wall Street Journal reporting that the 66-year-old CEO Alan Mulally will look to retire in the next two years, succession planning will be key.

I'm hoping whoever is eventually named will have a similar operating philosophy. I'm glad Ford appears to be thinking ahead in looking for successors...replacing someone like Mulally will be tough, so it's definitely something to monitor.

Fool on,

Anand

• Report this Comment On December 09, 2011, at 11:52 AM, Chontichajim wrote:

Ford is benefiting some from a general rebound in the auto industry and also from the combination of Japan Tsunami, Japanese yen value, and Thai floods making Toyotas more expensive and less available. I trust personal experience and consumer feedback more than industry publications when rating auto reliability.

As for the stock, it has Long Term Debt to Equity of 1,820% and Total Debt to Equity of 3,061.23%. That may not be technically bankrupt, but at best you know where all their money will need to go even if they are profitable for the next 30 years.

• Report this Comment On December 09, 2011, at 11:54 AM, charliewolfe wrote:

The Fools were bullish on Ford back in January of 2011 and it dropped 40% since then. Same CEO, same reasons for being bullish and Ford's stock didn't do anything but go down 40%!! Perhaps it has hit bottom now... or has it?

• Report this Comment On December 09, 2011, at 11:58 AM, iosgerby wrote:

Lithium ion batteries anyone?

• Report this Comment On December 09, 2011, at 12:51 PM, mesteno wrote:

I think Ford will surpass Toyota over the next few years. Toyotas customer service is going downhill rapidly, as is their quality. Their success has gone to their heads and they think their stuff does'nt stink. When the service manager of the local [ Casper WY] screamed at me "we don't want your business" and slammed the phone down in my ear I new it was time to trade into a Ford. Here in working America Government Motors is a bad word, Toyota is not far behind. Ford seems to be doing everything right.

• Report this Comment On December 09, 2011, at 1:00 PM, topbeancounter wrote:

Sure hope you're correct. I need about 5 points to get it to even...

• Report this Comment On December 09, 2011, at 1:03 PM, TMFBomb wrote:

As another update, Ford is going to restore its dividend, starting with a nickel a quarter. That equates to about a 1.8% yield.

Of course, the recent news isn't all good, as Ford announced a recall because of wheels falling off. No joke:

All things to consider in context. Overall, I'll still be salivating if shares fall below $10 (they're around $11 as I write this update).

Fool on,

Anand

• Report this Comment On December 09, 2011, at 1:03 PM, jfreedom wrote:

Ford has three vehicles with FE of 40 MPG for those of you think they are only very fuel efficient working trucks

They have beat their plan for paying off their debt and expectation is high.

My take is better to be in the stock before and win the profit glow when debt is paid off.

• Report this Comment On December 09, 2011, at 1:04 PM, Ho72 wrote:

We buy American owned - American built and have resolved to do so ever since our disasterous flirtation with Toyota, Volkswagen and Mazda. I'm driving a new Sierra and my wife will soon have her new Explorer. My '96 Saturn is a daily driver and is closiing in on 300K.

Whether any of the Detroit 3 are good investments will depend to some degree on circumstances beyond their control. I think I'll sit this one out.

• Report this Comment On December 09, 2011, at 1:19 PM, mieswall wrote:

mmm... If the argument for Ford is a trailing P/E below 7, well, BMW and Mercedes are also under that, Volkswagen even is approaching 3... All of them with PEG ratios below 1, and clear better prospects, and incredibly powerful brands backing them up.

I think this may be a case of chauvinism, or at least of trees blocking the sight of whole woods. Out of America, nobody, i mean nobody, prefers a Ford or almost any american car instead of a German (on luxury markets) or Japaneses or even Koreans (low-cost market). With the only exception, maybe, of Jeep brand.

In fact, it would be a nice education for some novel fools like me to have a discussion on why the P/E numbers on Car Industry are so low in general.

Finally, talking about this, when joining MotleyFool, I was asked about my interest on foreign markets. But I can't even track my german stocks in my scorecard...

Disclosure: i'm long on BMW, and thinking on how cheap VOW is right now... :)

• Report this Comment On December 09, 2011, at 1:56 PM, jsd435 wrote:

Ford is a great company but look at the chart on this name. There is no reason to buy this company until it breaks out of this downtrend. It's close but it been there before and it failed to breakout. Moreover the PEG ratio is getting worse which means that while the price is declining the stock is becoming less of a bargain.

• Report this Comment On December 09, 2011, at 2:43 PM, cptnfancypants wrote:

Buy BGCP.

re-invest dividends.

Forget about it.

• Report this Comment On December 09, 2011, at 4:39 PM, Buckeye46 wrote:

Bought Ford at 4 and will pull the trigger if it gets down to 10 again but it's made my double my money criteria and that's fine by me. I have a great Ford truck and will by another small Ford for my newly driving daughter. But I will never again by a goonion gm or chrysler product. If your in bed with a commie, then may you end up in the scrap heap, with the other un-American democrat lovers. Live Free and Prosper.

• Report this Comment On December 09, 2011, at 4:41 PM, Buckeye46 wrote:

Oh, and I love Wal-Mart and it's dividends. After the kenyan gets done with us, we'll all be shopping there.

• Report this Comment On December 09, 2011, at 6:36 PM, Announcer80 wrote:

Guess what people, if you had driven a Toyota or Nissan in the 70s they were lousy too.

Have owned American cars for 30 years with very few problems.

I challenge you to test drive a Taurus SHO, Cad CTS, Malibu, Grand Cherokee, Focus, Lincoln MKS, any Ford/GM/Dodge truck. Compare them to comparable vehicles by foreign makers (not higher priced). Do you have the courage to be open minded?

And yes, assembly in the US is only part of the story - many of those transplants source their key components elsewhere or only buy from foreign owned suppliers. Much of the value add flows out of the country. (Honda is the best at American content for their US built carsm but much of this american content is from their related Japanese owned suppliers.

Most fun car I drove recently was a Ford Kuga retned in Scotland. This mid sized crossover seated 5 compfortably with adequate luggage space, great performance with 6 speed manual and turbo diesel. Averaged 46 mpg over 1000 miles of mixed driving. Unfortunately, US EPA will not allow this drive train in the US. What a shame.

• Report this Comment On December 09, 2011, at 9:32 PM, Hawkpie wrote:

Bought three fords. First one rear end went bad. Second one, transmission went bad. Both of these just after 50000 miles. Bought 4 toyotas.

Ran them till ready to buy another one. I gave Ford a chance, and USA cars a chance but lost too much money. No help from Ford either time. Maybe their stock IS worth investing in...but maybe not at this price.

• Report this Comment On December 10, 2011, at 7:50 PM, modeltim wrote:

F is a great firm right now thanks to Mr. Mulally. If the price was 8 or under I'd load up but I'm too conservative right now since the world economic climate may revert to '08 or worse at any moment.

• Report this Comment On December 11, 2011, at 12:58 AM, FREEHIKER wrote:

Bought it in July 08. Right now, a little more than double. Has been more than three times what I paid, but has fallen back some in the last year.

• Report this Comment On December 11, 2011, at 9:37 AM, GtownRJ wrote:

Ford makes good cars and great trucks with awful seats...put better seats in their vehicles and I might buy one.

• Report this Comment On December 11, 2011, at 10:11 AM, jsrichards wrote:

Bought Ford below $4. Happy with the decision. Waiting for them to build a large fuel-efficient truck such as GM has. I think that will solidify them as the market leader. Toyota has eaten their lunch however. Will be tough to get back.

• Report this Comment On December 13, 2011, at 9:23 AM, DJDynamicNC wrote:

I've had Ford on my watch list for months but held off pulling the trigger until this most recent announcement about reinstating dividends. That did it for me. I'm optimistic about the company, and at the price it's trading at now, it's hard to resist.

• Report this Comment On December 14, 2011, at 12:26 AM, edmarkcanlas wrote:

hi anand, co teamate in fool..

Im new to this stock market and im just a small player, but since i was young it gives me interest on how to become an investor.. can you help and guide me a little on how to buy stocks and is this really a good base line if i bought ford stock..

thanks!

• Report this Comment On December 14, 2011, at 3:50 PM, tedwarrenlives wrote:

Al Mullaly is leaving, Ford has already started a hunt for a new CEO; the management part of it goes out the window then.

Ford cars stink and they have betrayed their long time loyal customers by producing garbage and selling it often.

I won't buy Ford nor would I ever recommend anyone to purchase it.

How on earth can I invest in company so many share the same sentiment towards it.

• Report this Comment On December 15, 2011, at 12:39 PM, DJDynamicNC wrote:

^^ How many, specifically, share that sentiment? 100 million? 1 million? 10,000? The answer would make a very big difference, so it would be worth knowing. Do you know?

I can tell you how many don't share that sentiment - at least 1.935 million. That's how many sales Ford made last year.

My point is not that you're wrong, just that it's dangerous to invest based on feelings and sentiments.

• Report this Comment On December 21, 2011, at 8:25 PM, thidmark wrote:

Ford is the worst car I've ever bought. Things may be different now, but they'll never get another shot at my business. When you ask people to fork over five figures for a product, it better be damn good. Don't treat my hard-earned money like the government does.

• Report this Comment On January 16, 2012, at 7:56 PM, Doris411 wrote:

Fix Or Repair Daily

Found On Road Dead

I've owned Fords in the past. The dealership was wonderful. The cars were not. There are a lot of people out there with similar memories. How do you overcome that?

Maybe their quality has improved. I certainly hope so. But it will take more than a "Made in America" sticker to convince me to buy another Ford.

• Report this Comment On August 03, 2012, at 8:26 PM, adwadadsawd wrote:

Once again your advice is poor. Ford $10.94 at your opinion.

Eight months later a bare $8...