At The Motley Fool, we know our readers like to be informed. Here's a quick look at today's most relevant financial news, boiled down to what you need to know. In today's video, we cover the following:
- Sears Holdings (Nasdaq: SHLD ) hires Brookstone CEO Ron Boire in a last-ditch move to save its struggling Kmart and Sears brands.
- ExxonMobil (NYSE: XOM ) is reportedly looking to sell a majority of its stake in Japan-based refiner TonenGeneral in a deal that could be valued near $5.2 billion.
- AT&T (NYSE: T ) will pay TiVo (Nasdaq: TIVO ) a minimum of $215 million to settle a patent case against the mobile company. TiVo also has patent lawsuits pending against AT&T rival Verizon.
So there you have it -- the top financial stories of the day. If you're interested in getting all the news and commentary on these stocks, sign up for My Watchlist -- it's free!
- Add ExxonMobil to My Watchlist.
- Add Verizon Communications to My Watchlist.
- Add TiVo to My Watchlist.
- Add AT&T to My Watchlist.
- Add Sears Holdings to My Watchlist.