3 Reasons You'll Buy the New iPad That Everybody Hates

There's been a lot of negative press popping up about the new iPad that Apple (Nasdaq: AAPL  ) introduced over the weekend.

• The tablet heats up far more than the original iPad and the iPad 2.
  • The 4G models that connect to either Verizon (NYSE: VZ  ) or AT&T (NYSE: T  ) are data hogs. This is a problem because both wireless carriers no longer offer unlimited data plans, and the new iPad can quickly go through a month's bandwidth allotment.
  • To take advantage of the superior Retina display, updated apps are now larger. In other words, they suck up more of the tablet's storage capacity for the sake of eye candy.

Apple sold 3 million of these puppies over the weekend, before these issues came to light. Sales should slow at this point, but not necessarily because of the unwelcome press. Try to order a new iPad online and you will see that all models are warning of wait times of two to three weeks before shipping. There's also a good chance that your local Apple Store may be out of stock despite the perpetual flow of incoming shipments.

Any kind of shortage would seem dreadful at a time when naysayers are brewing the perfect storm of negativity, but you're smarter than that. Let's go over the reasons that you and nearly everybody else still wants to get his or her hands on the new iPad -- and it has nothing to do with warming you up on one of the last chilly evenings of the season.

1. Tablet sales are booming
In reinitiating coverage on Best Buy (NYSE: BBY  ) this week, Goldman Sachs analyst Matthew Fassler projected that tablet sales at the consumer electronics retailer would climb 30% this year. The move contrasts with a 7% slide in PC sales.

Let's get this straight: Whenever someone says "tablet sales," they're really saying "iPad sales." Outside of Kindle Fire's millions, most of the other tablets on the market are fringe players. The 15.4 million iPad 2 units that Apple sold during the holiday quarter is probably more than all non-iPad tablets sold for all of last year.

A tablet isn't for everybody. It's not powerful enough. However, a lot of the people who used to buy desktops and laptops when all they really wanted to do was surf the Web and stay in touch now realize that tablets are the better way to go. That's not going to change.

Even Microsoft (Nasdaq: MSFT  ) -- the company that has the most to lose as tablets replace PCs -- is making sure that its upcoming Windows 8 plays nice with touchscreen tablets.

2. The new iPad is better than the iPad 2
Despite all of the knocks, Apple's third generation of tablets is noticeably superior to last year's model.

Isn't this the reason that every iPhone and iPad outsells the previous incarnation? Apple is able to cram more features into its annual upgrades without bumping the selling price higher. That's not going to change.

The new iPad heats up? The battery and processor are just that strong. The 4G model is a data hog? That's another way of saying that it's a speed demon in cyberspace. That's a good thing. Apps are larger because of the Retina display? You're welcome.

3. Tablet owners love Wi-Fi
There's another reason that the reports of 4G LTE iPads bleeding through their monthly data allotments isn't all that big a deal. Folks favor the cheaper Wi-Fi tablets over the cellular units.

Industry analyst Chetan Sharma claims that nine out of every 10 tablets sold last year were Wi-Fi only. Most iPad buyers aren't interested in paying $130 more for a cellular model and then slapping a data contract through Verizon or AT&T on top of that.

The gap may narrow with the new iPad since the 4G LTE is both faster and can now be legally used as a mobile hotspot. However, the vast majority of the new iPad owners and prospective buyers will be relying on the ever-growing number of Wi-Fi homes and hotspots to fuel their tablet experiences.

Born to run
The next trillion-dollar revolution will be in mobile gadgetry, but the best investing play isn't necessarily Apple. If you want to cash in on the upcoming trend, a new report will get you up to speed. Yes, it's as free as this article, but it won't last forever, so check it out now.

The Motley Fool owns shares of Apple, Best Buy, and Microsoft. Motley Fool newsletter services have recommended buying shares of Microsoft and Apple. Motley Fool newsletter services have recommended creating a bull call spread position in Apple. Motley Fool newsletter services have recommended creating a bull call spread position in Microsoft. Try any of our Foolish newsletter services free for 30 days. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.

Longtime Fool contributor Rick Munarriz calls them as he sees them. He does not own shares in any of the stocks in this story. Rick is also part of the Rule Breakers newsletter research team, seeking out tomorrow's ultimate growth stocks a day early.

• Report this Comment On March 21, 2012, at 11:49 AM, primoguy wrote:

These things will be taken off the market soon. They heat up after 4 or 5 minutes. Unless you want a toaster or plate warmer, the new iPad doesn't deliver.

• Report this Comment On March 21, 2012, at 12:04 PM, YetAnotherNerd wrote:

primoguy, please actually take the time to read the articles and not skim headlines. The new iPad does indeed run hotter than the old. HOWEVER, the difference is only 7-8 degrees on average, and even Consumer Reports (the same folks that "could not recommend" the iPhone 4) concluded that while it's certainly warmer, it's not that big of a deal.

Apple products have established a regular pattern now. Massive hype leading up to the announcement, the cogensenti voicing their disapproval after the announcement (because after all, nothing can live up to the pre-announcement hype), product ships in massive qty's, somebody finds one "fatal flaw", after a few weeks the "fatal flaw" blows over and turns out to be a non-issue, Apple continues to sell ship loads (literally) of product.

• Report this Comment On March 21, 2012, at 12:09 PM, butthead2u wrote:

I'm will to wait for Window 8 tablets. I'm not the kind of guy to overspend on housing, cars or personal computers like the iPad, and yes my friends, it is a personal computer. I just don't need "excutive jewerly" to up my status in society. I'm happy having money in the bank. Thank you Microsoft for producing great products at a reasonable cost.

• Report this Comment On March 21, 2012, at 12:11 PM, dwilh51183 wrote:

aapl ipads cause house fire overheating issues

• Report this Comment On March 21, 2012, at 2:08 PM, ViewRoyal wrote:

@butthead2u

Hi Butthead, do you know that the Windows8 x86-64 (Intel & AMD) tablets will be MORE expensive than the iPad, and they will have a MUCH shorter battery life?

Also, Intel & AMD processors use much more battery and run HOTTER than ARM processors. So if you think the iPad is hot, just wait until you have a Windows8 x86-64 tablet!

Windows8 x86-64 tablets need large vents and an internal fan to cool them, which will be noisy and use more battery life.

If you opt for the Windows 8 ARM tablet on the other hand, the price will be similar to the iPad, but there are currently no apps that can run on it.

You won't be able to run any of your Windows apps on a Windows 8 ARM tablet... you will only be able to run specially written ARM-native apps (none exist now). If and when any Windows 8 ARM-native apps do come out, you will have to buy them all over again, and they won't be as inexpensive as the iPad apps.

Currently there are over 200,000 apps specifically written for the iPad. Most of these apps range in price from Free to $4.99. Windows apps will be a lot more expensive.

If you really are "not the kind of guy to overspend", you will save a lot of money (and be a lot happier, buying an iPad. ;-)

• Report this Comment On March 21, 2012, at 2:08 PM, SpeechRec wrote:

You (commenting) fools!

That's not a bug, it's a feature!

I haven't turned on my electric blanket in 5 days, I just cuddle up next to my iPad - goodbye cold feet.

And I'm developing an app to get that thing overclocking so you can cook an egg on the back. $1.99 in the app store (iEgg), coming soon!

- SpeechRec (jason) over and out!

• Report this Comment On March 21, 2012, at 2:16 PM, SpeechRec wrote:

Rick, good level-headed article.

I'm hoping for another "AntennaGate" to make the stock price dip so I can pick up some more shares at a discount. (But I'm not holding my breath - the dividend is only going to bring more buyers into this stock's market.)

(Full disclosure - this comment was dictated on my android...)

• Report this Comment On March 21, 2012, at 2:49 PM, CluckChicken wrote:

@ViewRoyal

Since we do not have any specs on Win8 Slates (? tablet is wrong term) you are just guessing as to heating and battery life. Would like to point out that if Apple can get decent battery life out of something it should not be too difficult for somebody else to do so since Apple has never been effecint in this area.

Pricing you are also guessing on. Entry level iPad is $500 and there are many laptop options costing less than that, so it can be expected to find a Win8 device for less. None of the wintel hardware groups take as large of a margin as Apple does.

Price of Windows apps will cost more? The Windows Phone apps run the same range of price the Apple ones do, there is nothing to suggest that this will change for Win8. Now I fully expect Win8 programs to maintain the same price range that they currently do for Win7, but then again the programs are far more extensive than apps. It is expected that the majority of programs that run on Win7 will also run on Win8 so you will not have to rebuy these programs.

• Report this Comment On March 21, 2012, at 3:13 PM, ViewRoyal wrote:

@CluckChicken

No, I'm not guessing at heat issues and prices for x86 tablets (or "slates"). These have been sold for the past 10 years as "Tablet PCs".

The difference is that the new ones get rid of the keyboard (inexpensive component) but add an expensive capacitive multi-touch display.

HP tried selling a Windows 7 multi-touch tablet called the Slate. It was priced at about $800. They stopped selling it due to poor sales. It was thick heavy, slow/jerky responsiveness, ran hot, and had short battery life using an Atom processor.

• Report this Comment On March 21, 2012, at 7:18 PM, TMFMarlowe wrote:

I have a new iPad. Got it last Friday. It gets warm, but not unreasonably warm -- anyone saying that it's a safety hazard is clueless. It's an excellent product, and I suspect that most of the people complaining about it haven't actually tried one.

John Rosevear (an AAPL shareholder since 1981, no lie)

• Report this Comment On March 21, 2012, at 8:32 PM, InvestWhatWorks wrote:

@ViewRoyal

The issue you brought up was the pricing, overheating and battery of Windows 8 tablets (future tablets, that haven't been made yet). Which we do not know the answer to.

And Windows 8 tablets won't be limited to the Intel and AMD x86 architecture. Windows 8 tablets will also come in the ARM-based variety.

• Report this Comment On March 21, 2012, at 8:44 PM, haysdb wrote:

Under normal use the new iPad doesn't get even the slightest bit warm, much less "hot". It's an edge case, and even at the extreme it gets nowhere near as warm as a MacBook or any other notebook computer. Anyone who has tried to use a notebook computer on their lap knows what I'm talking about. This is much ado about nothing.

• Report this Comment On March 21, 2012, at 8:48 PM, haysdb wrote:

"Would like to point out that if Apple can get decent battery life out of something it should not be too difficult for somebody else to do so since Apple has never been effecint in this area."

What 10" tablet has a longer run-time than an iPad? What phone has a longer run-time than an iPhone? The Motorola Droid RAZR MAX, but it's way bigger than the iPhone.

If it's not too difficult, where are the products?

• Report this Comment On March 21, 2012, at 8:57 PM, InvestWhatWorks wrote:

Yeah, that is a weird comment to make. The battery life of Apple products are (generally speaking) better than other product in the same category with similar specs (which a few exceptions, of course).

• Report this Comment On March 21, 2012, at 9:18 PM, rlcato wrote:

@butthead2u

So you going to wait until next year to get a Windows 8 tablet as to what MS has said. By then, the 4th Gen. iPad will be announced and will be hitting/flying off the shelves by then. Dell just said something similar this week too. And you think you'll save money thinking it's going to be cheaper than an iPad? You're probably be right -until you spread it over several weeks / months.

• Report this Comment On March 21, 2012, at 10:33 PM, InvestWhatWorks wrote:

@ rlcato

Some Windows 8 tablets will be available this year (assuming Windows 8 itself pushed back).

• Report this Comment On March 22, 2012, at 2:54 AM, InvestWhatWorks wrote:

Correcting the last part of my above reply:

... (assuming Windows 8 itself isn't pushed back).

• Report this Comment On March 22, 2012, at 10:32 AM, ourporch wrote:

I will not be buying for any of those reasons! I have a 7" Android tablet that feeds me all the information I need. For "computer work" I have my desktop with it's 23" screen. I will not watch movies on a tablet, that's what my 46" HDTV is for. Guess I'm just too old to pay the price for having an Apple when an Android will do just fine. Don't need to impress anyone except myself.

• Report this Comment On March 22, 2012, at 8:42 PM, rlcato wrote:

Deep seated reasonings truly expressed itself through your fingers.

• Report this Comment On March 23, 2012, at 5:14 AM, lemoon wrote:

Hmm, Im a iPad 1 user didn't upgrade to the iPad2, just waiting for the 3rd iPad!

I like the new iPad, the retina display and better camera are what I wish! Can't wait to get it and my apps like ifunia video converter are compatible to the new iPad, and get more surprise with the new iPad and Apple TV!

• Report this Comment On March 23, 2012, at 10:23 AM, 48ozhalfgallons wrote:

If Windows is keen its tablet will be 16X9 aspect ratio. I refuse to purchase any visual screen which sports the 1920's 3X4 aspect.

• Report this Comment On March 23, 2012, at 10:25 AM, 48ozhalfgallons wrote:

..... and why not 3D?

• Report this Comment On March 23, 2012, at 11:52 AM, RufianFool wrote:

The initial wave of Windows tablets will probably be priced at the "early adopter" level, that is to say, companies will try to recoup their R&D investments early and they will probably be expensive. Then another wave will follow at more reasonable prices.

There is also a possibility that the product will fail by too large a margin at "early adopter" prices and eventually it will go into liquidation sales. That would mean a second chance as people pick them up then (and manufacturers may then realize that the problem was the price point, or maybe they won't).

One difficulty is that Microsoft makes the OS but doesn't make the tablets themselves (as Apple does) so it has less control over the market and less ability to keep a certain vision alive by throwing money at it.

Windows tablets have existed for a long time, I remember when the HP TC1000 first came out and thinking it was a really nice concept at the wrong price point. I got one a couple of years later from eBay at a very reasonable price and I don't use it anymore because it eventually became too slow for current standards but I greatly enjoyed the machine for a few years.

For current machines, I am not getting an iPad because I don't like the price/value point and I've got Android tablets that I've learned to "hate" for their many poor design decisions (yes they're cheap but in this case "you get what you pay for" seems to apply very well). Will Win8 tablets follow a similar pattern as machines like the TC1000 or will they find their right price point? I'm hoping that they will settle somewhere in between the Apple tablets and the Android tablets and we will have a typical 3-level market ("luxury" Apple, "mainstream" Windows and "el cheapo" Android). I realize this is my hope as a consumer and I don't have a crystal ball, time will tell.

• Report this Comment On March 23, 2012, at 12:03 PM, RufianFool wrote:

On the interest of full disclosure: I currently work for Microsoft although I'm not in the Windows division (and this is a big company, in most respects I consider myself as much a "consumer" of Microsoft products as someone who works somewhere else). All my knowledge about potential pricing is derived from reading public information(and speculation) on Internet sites and my speculative estimates and opinion are guesses based on having been in the industry for a long time, not based on any factual knowledge that is nonpublic.

• Report this Comment On March 23, 2012, at 3:53 PM, jimfarley65 wrote:

I just bought the "old" model Ipad2. (why waste money on a 3G connection when wifi is everywhere) Disappointment. It's a big ipod touch. I have to use ITunes and even after using this for years I hate it. To load PDFs, I have to load them in ITunes doubling the files on my computer. I bought the camera adapter for the chip but can only load photos. I dislike IPhoto but have to use it. I live in Italy and my ITunes account has an Italian credit card - therefore all book suggestions and apps are Italian. I am not Italian and would prefer English. (Amazon and every other internet Co. do not care where my credit card is located) Apple controls the user experience and it seam they have never traveled outside Cupertino Ca. Their user experience is awful!! For a company that controls the hardware and software, I have to say both are OK, not great. Wonderful batteries (I have IPods, Macbook pros (2) and now the IPad. thats the positive. Stop. I really hope Windows 8 is good because the more I use Apple, the more I dislike the company. They want to control your life and customer service is terrible - "your holding the phone wrong" after spending 800 Euro on a phone? The response to the overheating was -" you need to turn it off for a while". You have got to be kidding! any other company that would produce products with these flaws would be burnt at the stake and Apple seems to get away with it all. Microsoft was sued for installing internet explorer and apple preinstalls only safari on the IPad with no chrome option and they get away with this? What is wrong here? Go Samsung! My next tablet will be Samsung or HTC (love my wildfire phone) where I can manage my files without the cloud or ITunes. Shame on you Apple.

• Report this Comment On March 23, 2012, at 4:49 PM, vobuett wrote:

This iPads are only gadgets for people, who do not know how to work with a computer.

A real freak will wait for the Microsoft product!!

I am sure it will contain the useful things from Apple as Windows also introduced the mouse and other things as it was seen as successful at the MacIntosh computers.

Apple products are not really bad, but too expensive.

• Report this Comment On March 23, 2012, at 5:35 PM, deltafox2 wrote:

iPhones are for girls. Real men buy Android.

• Report this Comment On March 23, 2012, at 7:58 PM, luxetlibertas wrote:

Sorry, Mr Munarriz, this article is flamebait and trolling for pageviews.

Apple's tablet is not 'hated', and the excellent screen is a joy to use with text and other graphical elements. Bitmap-based material (photos and videos) will tend to be larger, and 4G speeds can lead to increased data consumption, but complaining about better quality images and speedier communication seems a little disingenuous.

• Report this Comment On March 24, 2012, at 12:47 PM, bobbyk1 wrote:

Just a thought.I really believe the price point of the Ipad doesnt matter.Lets say the Microsoft pad is 100 dollars cheaper.If it is not as good whats the point?If you own your Ipad for 2 years it would cost you a dollar a week.That is well worth the price of owning the best product out there.

• Report this Comment On March 24, 2012, at 11:50 PM, promommyfool wrote:

Every time I go to the stores and look at these things I leave thinking this is an electronic toy. I don't need a toy. I have a nice wide screen toshiba at home that does what I want, even with that anoying hot spot under the mouse. When they get that fixed I'll update, but until then I'll stay with my notebook.

• Report this Comment On March 27, 2012, at 8:38 PM, gratrent09 wrote:

I seem to be the only one who bought a RIM playbook, but I paid $249 Cdn. for the 64 gb. We love it. It does all that we have asked it to do. Maybe not the choice of apps. however, how many of those apps are junk anyways. I would recommend a playbook. It far superior to the Kindle Fire and about the same price. I think I got great value for my money.

• Report this Comment On March 31, 2012, at 4:50 PM, JimmyZangwow wrote:

iPads are OK, but contrary to the title of this article, I won't be buying one. My calculations show that owning one does not cost $1 a week for 2 years - if that were true I would likely buy one ($1 x 2 yr x 52 wks/yr = $104!). That's about 20% the price I've seen, and it would be a real bargain.

• Report this Comment On April 01, 2012, at 12:24 AM, ade61 wrote:

If apple stock isn’t overvalued, why are so many fairytales written to justify its price which appears to be in a bubble stage considering its $254 billion increases in capitalization in the last year. The assumptions made why apple stock is undervalued are unbelievable. Forecasting future earnings from historical trends are not always accurate, especially when the data is suspect. It was not long ago the herd believed that house prices could never go down but would continue to increase rapidly year over year. Just as the apple cheerleaders believe its stock price cannot decline, but will continue to increase. Many analysts quote Apple’s sales potential growth rates to be 20% or more annually for the next five years to justify why its current share is undervalued.

Rarely, is apple net income ever mentioned. Apples net income from the past five years, from 2007 to 2011 is approximately 56.5 billion. A major jump in sale and income came in 2010 to 2011 when its net income increased by 11.91 billion.

Apples Net income

2007 3.50 billion Net Income growth

2008 4.83 billion 38.27 %

2009 8.24 billion 70.36%

2010 14.01 billion 70.16%

2011 25.92 billon 84.99%W

What is never asked is how a company with a net income of 25.92 billion in 2011 can have achieved capitalization of 565.9 billion. Apple’s unsustainable income growth is beginning to slow, but this does not stop its promoters from developing deceptive forecast about Apples future growth citing its relatively low market share of worldwide computer, Smartphone and Tablet sales.

One must ask who is paying these analysts for these deceptive forecasts. Could it be the herd on Wall Street that has mortally damage the US Economy by all the financial instruments which were developed, supposably to limit risk, but were merely another device which allows them to hedge their bets and steal.

I am not surprised that the 70% of Apple’s stock is owned by institutional investors which have created another bubble as there are limited investment alternatives. Apple stock was primed for this collusion, due to it past growth and the difficulty in evaluating its most important characteristic which is the marketing of its products.

This is an intangible asset, akin to Goodwill which is very difficult to evaluate There is a reason, Apple’s sales are less than its competitor and that is due to their products considerably higher cost , which in many cases are functionality no better than their competitors.

I remember my first computer cost over S2500. Today, a superior system can be bought for less than $400. This directly related to Apple’s value and alleged income growth potential. Just as computers, big screen TVs and many other electronic devices have been commoditized, so will apple products if they wish to capture additional market share and stay competitive.

In addition, the more affluent market have been saturated with apple products, leaving the less capable market the task of buying all though millions products which are forecast to be manufactured and sold by apple in the coming years.

Essentially, a cut in pricing will affect Apple’s bottom line, which is net income. Net income is very useful in determining an asset or company value. In addition, the use of net income is a more accurate than utilizing earnings with manipulated PE ratios to determining a value.

It is very likely Apple’s net income will stagnate, due it considerable size, competing products and the fact it will have to lower its pricing to achieve significantly more market share.

Apple average net income over the last 5 years is 11.3 billion. This income average would typically be utilized to estimate a value. But let use apple’s most recent report net income which is 32.98 billion. If a capitalization rate of 10% is used Apple’s value can be estimated by:

32.98 Billion / .10 % ≈ 323 billion.

Now a price share can be determined by dividing the outstanding share which is approximately 932 million into 323 billion.

323 billion / 932 million = $363 per share

This is a more realistic value for Apple’s as its past growth is not sustainable nor is a significant increase in it net income likely. How did Apple’s capitalization increase by 254 billion over the last year. The majority of Apple's capitalization came from Hedge funds and Money managers who have driven apple stock price to an irrational levels due to their herd likely mentality.

It is not surprising that apple now is offering a dividend and is buying back its stock so that it can keep the stock price artificially high. But why are they waiting till September to begin the buy back. Maybe, their analysts see a drop coming and can acquire more shares for the reported 100 billion buy back... You know Apple is very innovative.

Maybe, Apple stock price can maintain this level for a period time, but it very likely it can’t because its price has been inflated by Speculators that created another Bubble which will eventually hurt the uninformed and possible many retirement funds.

My analysis indicates apple current capitalization is overvalued by approximately 200 billion. My advice is to sell apple stock now as it current capitalization is based on intangible asset, and improbable income growth rates.

For all the Dimwits that have recently purchased Apple stock my condolence.

I know my comment will probably fall on deaf ears, but at least I made an effort to bring another perceptive on Apple’s irrational stock price.

• Report this Comment On April 08, 2012, at 5:48 PM, secularinvestor wrote:

ade61

Why your sudden stream of long, hysterical, negative comments about Apple, it being in unsustainable bubble, advising everybody to get out? You wouldn't have made the mistake of shorting Apple, by any chance?

Unfortunately, you are really utterly clueless when it comes to Apple. You say:

"It is not likely Apple’s can continue to increase its net income by 85% a year or for that matter by 20% a year for the next five. Apple’s 2011 net income was approximately 26 billion. This is a massive amount of money. An increase of 20% equals 5.2 billion gain in net profit. This buys quite a few Ipads, downloads and other apple products.

Really, how more Ipads, Ipods and other Apple products can the market absorb without a significant cut in their price."

The above comments just show how little you understand and know about Apple and the markets it operates in. In fact Apple has huge headroom to grow as the following facts show.

Despite years of exceptional growth both the iMac and iPhone both still have have single figure market share of PCs and mobile phones respectively, leaving huge room to continue to grow market share.

The iPad is in its infancy and has even more room to grow sales. It has revolutionised the tablet market. Almost all researchers agree that tablet unit sales will overtake conventional PCs (desktop and laptop) unit sales in just a few years. That means tablet sales will soon reach over 400 million units a year. The iPad is head and shoulders the best combination of hardware and software in the tablet market. The only way the competition can compete at all is to discount so deeply that they sell at a loss.

Every user survey shows that Macs, iPhones and iPads have by far the highest user satisfaction and retention rates/ Macs and iPhones score over 75% satisfaction rates and the iPad an astonishing, unprecedented 96%. Consequently all three Apple classes of devices have by far the highest brand reputation and loyalty and can therefore command premium prices.

All of this means that Apple will continue to gain market share with more than 90% of the markets still open to them.

Macs, iPhones and iPads make up more than 70% of Apple's revenue and an even higher proportion of Apple earnings. Mac sales are growing at between 20% and 30% a year, while other PC sales are stagnating. Smartphone sales are growing at more than 50% a year and iPhones are growing at around twice that. iPads are growing even faster.

So your assertion that Apple cannot continue to grow at over 20% is jus plain, ignorant nonsense!

So you better close your shorts ASAP or you will be yet another victim of the Apple juggernaut!