The No. 1 Reason to Invest in The Motley Fool's IPO

Watch this video to learn how you can get in on the ground floor of one of the greatest investing opportunities of a lifetime: The Motley Fool's IPO.

• Report this Comment On April 01, 2012, at 12:21 AM, zymok wrote:

I was dubious, but the self-confident woman in the gray pant suit sold me with all those important sounding words that I don't understand. I'm putting all my retirement funds in the MF IPO. Thanks, guys!

• Report this Comment On April 01, 2012, at 12:30 AM, drcurtis78 wrote:

Sign me up!!!! Now I know how I'm gonna afford my parents retirement and healthcare!!! Thank heavens

• Report this Comment On April 01, 2012, at 1:00 AM, HSamuelson wrote:

Is there a transcript? I suppose if it is just a joke it doesn't matter, but it would be nice to be in on it.

• Report this Comment On April 01, 2012, at 1:14 AM, 5forfighting wrote:

I really looking forward to my first "4 bagger"

• Report this Comment On April 01, 2012, at 4:53 AM, Camacho8218 wrote:

Wouldn't it be great to be able to invest in tmf. A limited private offering to members would also be great. I am in Europe so i am guessing once America wakes up there will be a lot of comments aboit this.

Cheers

Juan Carlos

• Report this Comment On April 01, 2012, at 7:13 AM, MaxEntropy wrote:

Its the IPO's structure that really sold me: innovative. I hope there is enough time today to sell my house so I can commit to the IPO in a big way.

• Report this Comment On April 01, 2012, at 8:40 AM, ShootFromHip wrote:

The only thing I would add as incentive to supplement the "Apple half-off coupon" is a Fool's Jester Cap. I would love to be wearing it tomorrow morning at 0930 as I begin to sell off my entire portfolio (including AAPL) at MKT to go "All-In" with the Fool IPO.

• Report this Comment On April 02, 2012, at 3:28 PM, TMFLegendPhoenix wrote:

Jean Parmesan, you got me again!

• Report this Comment On April 02, 2012, at 3:45 PM, mfltcipro wrote:

Very Funny!!!

• Report this Comment On April 02, 2012, at 8:12 PM, TMFDukenewkirk wrote:

Seriously loved the jargon. I was in stitches pretty much from the get go, but the Apple half off had me in tears. I've been here long enough not to take anything seriously on April 1st any longer, you've gotten me more than once, but this video was priceless. Hilarious jargon though, and a huge KUDOS to your presenter. She was brilliant!

• Report this Comment On April 02, 2012, at 9:37 PM, TMFAlison wrote:

Glad you all enjoyed it, it was a lot of fun to make!

• Report this Comment On April 02, 2012, at 9:49 PM, Shawnerz wrote:

@Dukenewkirk: You're right! I don't know how she kept a straight face through it all!

• Report this Comment On April 03, 2012, at 9:09 AM, Finsterminster wrote:

Fantastic! You guys must have IQs in the tens...ha ha! The Gordian-knot corporate structure sounds like something Obama and his merry band of czars have done for the meaning transparency. Thanks for the great laff!

• Report this Comment On April 03, 2012, at 4:08 PM, bammerone wrote:

Two words. I'm in. I love the strategery and visioning that TMF will bring to the market. MF has a huge moat - no other company can claim this combination of ideas, and there is such a barrier to entry in this niche that I see a 4 bagger in the making as well. Where is the Pro forma?

• Report this Comment On April 06, 2012, at 8:32 AM, richkey11 wrote:

how the heck? What the heck are you talking about?

Is this a comedy? half-off coupons for apple shares?

what kind of foolery is going on with this MF IPO?

Now a MF ETF would be something interesting...

CAN SOME FOOL OUT THERE THAT READS MY COMMENT PLEASE EXPLAIN WHAT IS GOING ON WITH A MF IPO???

Rich Key

• Report this Comment On April 06, 2012, at 12:25 PM, ccolemaninc wrote:

Why don't other companies have "3rdiary" stock offerings?!?!?!? Great idea!!!

• Report this Comment On April 06, 2012, at 4:07 PM, samedge2 wrote:

Man I love the Fool. They make fun of every bad business cliche!

• Report this Comment On April 06, 2012, at 4:10 PM, redjeepstocks wrote:

Rich Key, if you still haven't figured it out, check out what date this article/video was launched.

• Report this Comment On April 06, 2012, at 5:40 PM, dadshome wrote:

I just woke up! What day is this? Did I miss it? I can't seem to get any information on what the market is doing. All of my accounts are showing 0 activity. This can't be right. It's Friday, isn't it? Is the world coming to an end? What's going on? Oh, oh . . . I have a pain in my arm. Now it's in my chest. Everything's going dark. Must buy new MF IPO . . . must buy . . . must . . . bye-bye . . .

• Report this Comment On April 07, 2012, at 1:20 AM, dunnydame wrote:

I had read the written FOOL IPO information before I saw this most-excellent video presentation. If the clarity and revelatory nature of the written work hadn't already sold me, then surely the persuasive vocabulary of the FOOL spokeslady would have swayed me. Her command of cliche-speak was out of the box.

Mother squawked a little when I handed her over to the Somali pirates (for a moment I thought she might have been saying "ungrateful wretch") but I did get a handsome ransom payment for her, enough for me to invest heavily in the IPO and become one of the 1%.