3 Comic Book Characters That Deserve a Movie Now

If there's one thing the success of Marvel Entertainment's recent comic book films proves, it's that special effects artists are wowing audiences like never before. Just look at the trailer for Iron Man 3, in which the Armored Avenger is shown rescuing a crew falling from Air Force One to what appears to be their doom.

Through its first two weekends in theaters, Iron Man 3 has generated more than $680 million in sales worldwide for Marvel Studios and parent Walt Disney (NYSE: DIS  ) . That must have Time Warner (NYSE: TWX  ) , which owns the DC Comic characters, News Corp. (NASDAQ: FOXA  ) , which owns the film rights to Marvel's X-Men characters, and Sony (NYSE: SNE  ) , which owns the film rights to the Spider-Man franchise, thinking of ways to bring more superheroes to the cinema.

Which character would you choose to anchor the next comic book blockbuster? Tim Beyers of Motley Fool Rule Breakers and Motley Fool Supernova says DC's the Flash is an obvious choice. But there are two others -- one from Marvel, another from DC -- that could also do well, Tim says.

Do you agree? Please watch the video to find out the other two characters Tim says deserve films, and then let us know which comic book character or story line you'd like to see brought to the big screen.

Learn how to grab global gains
Nothing exports like superheroes, and for Disney and Time Warner, going global with big comic book flicks has paid handsomely. Interested in more ways to profit from our increasingly global economy while keeping your portfolio grounded here at home? The Motley Fool's free report "3 American Companies Set to Dominate the World" shows you how. Click here to get your free copy before it's gone.

• Report this Comment On May 13, 2013, at 10:17 PM, deelzbub wrote:

The Flaming Carrot! He got left out of the Mysterymen movie due to the CGI issue!

Ut! Now is the time for greatness!

• Report this Comment On May 13, 2013, at 10:25 PM, 4cooL63 wrote:

1.THANOS AND THE INFINITY GAUNTLET

2. POWER MAN (LUKE CAGE)

3. CAPTAIN MARVEL(SHAZAM)

and make them real, no need for comedy !!!

• Report this Comment On May 13, 2013, at 10:27 PM, anth1225 wrote:

Not a big DC guy but I'm thinking the Black Panther, Captain Marvel, and the Silver Surfer.

They were at their best in those situations. Maybe a team up with the Hulk.

I never felt the 2 FF movies did them justice at all. They were Marvel's heavy hitters along with Spider-Man and the Avengers.

• Report this Comment On May 13, 2013, at 10:31 PM, nireyaj wrote:

Both The Flash, and Aquaman, flopped on The Small Screen years ago, and would flop on The Big Screen, too. If done well, Doc Strange could be a big hit. The Martian Manhunter could be a big hit, or a major flop, depending upon how it was done. A movie version of Forever Knight-the Medieval night Templar turned vampire, turned modern day big city cop-could work well, too.

• Report this Comment On May 13, 2013, at 10:34 PM, rustyalghoul wrote:

Aquaman movie? Who will he fight against? The Lochness monster?

• Report this Comment On May 13, 2013, at 10:42 PM, gwesterbeck wrote:

I always liked Namor The Sub Mariner better than Aquaman. Maybe make a Defenders movie with Dr.Strange, The Sub Mariner, The Silver Surfer and The Hulk.

• Report this Comment On May 13, 2013, at 10:43 PM, MTheory118 wrote:

The Flash definitely needs a film...

I don't agree with your other two though. Doctor Strange was always lame. I'm a huge fan on DC but even I think Aquaman has a limited audience. He might be able to carry his own movie eventually but I think WB needs to establish the bigger JLA members first. Superman looks like its well on its way this summer. They'll certainly do another Batman (probably sooner than they should). Green Lantern bombed b/c of a really crappy story, with a better story that character could do well. Wonder Woman needs a movie.

• Report this Comment On May 13, 2013, at 10:43 PM, darthvdyr wrote:

• Report this Comment On May 13, 2013, at 10:45 PM, adorety wrote:

More obvious to me would be to even mimic Avengers et al, but in the DC universe with Justice League. Man of Steel is upon us, then maybe a few one off movies, like, finally a Wonderwoman movie. Then add water (Aquaman) or speed things up with the Flash or my favorite Martian ;) Then have a JL movie and add in Batman instead of re-booting him yet again. Maybe it could feature Batman more in the JL film.

That's my thought.

• Report this Comment On May 13, 2013, at 10:47 PM, InvisibleZombie wrote:

My biggest fear is the studio's tendency to shy away from just straight-out adapting a hero literally from the comics. (Though costume alterations are usually best on real life actors!)

The best ones, Spider-Man, Keaton's Batman, Reeve's Superman, TV's Wonder Woman all addressed the heroes by their actual names. No one in The Avengers looked up in the sky and said "Here comes Thor to save us!".

• Report this Comment On May 13, 2013, at 10:47 PM, TheDarkestCorner wrote:

Aquaman? Hmmm, that's going to be a tough sell.

However, a good Flash movie wouldn't be hard to do, though.

I'd like to see Constantine (Hellblazer) done the right way, without Keanu Reeves. Maybe get Kiefer Sutherland to do the part with a british accent like he's supposed to have.

• Report this Comment On May 13, 2013, at 10:49 PM, pseudodragon wrote:

I loved comics in my younger years. I'm surprised he didn't say anything about 'Hellboy' or 'Sin City' from Dark Horse Comics. Some characters I would love to see on the big screen (in no particular order) include:

Elektra (reboot based on the classic Miller storylines with the Hand)

The Inhumans

Grendel (Matt Wagner's assassin)

The Elementals

Ghost

I could go on and on, but I would definitely pay to see the ones I've listed.

• Report this Comment On May 13, 2013, at 10:50 PM, JPStetson545 wrote:

How about Green Arrow? There are many opportunites there! I mean it can be done. Look at the CW TV series. Take that production crew and task them with making a feaure-length movie. I'd definitely go see it if the CW crew made the movie!

• Report this Comment On May 13, 2013, at 10:51 PM, tigertonio wrote:

Totally agree about Dr Strange. I think he would make an intriguing superhero on the big screen. His home setting in Greenwich Village, the sorcery, magic. I'm all for it!

• Report this Comment On May 13, 2013, at 10:51 PM, tsheets23 wrote:

Why is wonder woman not an obvious choice here? Done well that movie could be a hit to

• Report this Comment On May 13, 2013, at 10:51 PM, TMFMileHigh wrote:

You guys are AWESOME! I love these ideas. Please keep them coming and I'll weigh in with specifics later.

Well, OK. I'll weigh in with *more* thoughts later but on the subject of Aquaman, I do think the new 52 version from Geoff Johns and Ivan Reis could inform a movie.

FWIW and Foolish best,

Tim

TMFMileHigh in CAPS and on the boards

@milehighfool on Twitter

• Report this Comment On May 13, 2013, at 10:52 PM, slowmo99 wrote:

Preacher, Punisher, Hellblazer.

Come on lets get some R rated comic book movies.

• Report this Comment On May 13, 2013, at 11:04 PM, foolslament wrote:

The Flash would be cool. What about Deathstroke the Terminator from DC and I would love to see a Power Man and Iron Fist movie. How cool would that be.

• Report this Comment On May 13, 2013, at 11:13 PM, BigAL1972 wrote:

1) Ambush Bug

2) Howard the Duck (Reboot)

3) Bat-Mite

All kidding aside;

1) Luke Cage & Iron Man (Would be Great!!)

2) Spawn (Reboot)

3) Firestorm the Nuclear Man (old school)

• Report this Comment On May 13, 2013, at 11:14 PM, Mstogs74 wrote:

Preacher was being adapted for an HBO series but was cancelled years ago. With the Marvel movies going Avengers heavy I think a Marc Spectre Moon Knight would be a good movie to see. The soldier of fortune angle is an easy transition to the big screen similar to DC's Batman. This would also help expand the Avengers line as well. The Second Comics series of Moon Knight was good and the third series a few years ago had him in a weird personality conflict that would also be an interesting take.

• Report this Comment On May 13, 2013, at 11:27 PM, skolarx wrote:

I totally agree with the Flaming Carrot would be incredible. He has been my favorite character since I first found his comics in high school (20 years or so ago)

The Tick could be done as an amazing movie as well and Bone would make a perfect choice for an animated movie.

Once a bit more has been established in the Marvel movie universe (at least as far as villains go,) a Thunderbolts movie could be pretty great too

• Report this Comment On May 13, 2013, at 11:51 PM, geneking7320 wrote:

Instead of a superhero movie how about a detective movie. Max Allan Collins [whom I believe wrote The Road to Perdition] created a character named Ms.Tree (Michael Tree a female private detective).

I think Sigourney Weaver would be the actress for the role.

• Report this Comment On May 13, 2013, at 11:53 PM, DocEagle wrote:

The Flash and Wonder Woman seem like the obvious choices to me.

• Report this Comment On May 14, 2013, at 12:14 AM, Melaschasm wrote:

Vampirella, while not a super popular comic, is perfectly timed for the current popularity of vampire movies.

Titans is well known and has big potential.

• Report this Comment On May 14, 2013, at 12:23 AM, pseudodragon wrote:

Oooh. Thought of another one. I would love to see Neil Gaiman's Sandman done as a movie (with a prominent cameo for Death, of course). That would rock my world.

• Report this Comment On May 14, 2013, at 12:28 AM, wilhouse wrote:

Does anyone remember the Metal Men and Metamorpho? I think they'd make a great movie team.

• Report this Comment On May 14, 2013, at 12:30 AM, darkelfling wrote:

I used to own a comic book store and have been a great fan of comics for 40+ years. I do have to take an exception to Tim insisting that it is the special effects that make a superhero comic movie.

I used to tell my customers, not to follow the artists, but to follow the writers to gain the maximum enjoyment out of comics.

What Marvel did was to keep creative control to their movies and made sure the scripts/stories were close to the actual comics (unlike Green Lantern, which could have easily been done better but the improved FX Tim was talking about did not help it)

I would recommend Sandman (as long as Neil Gaiman scripts it), a true Hellblazer movie (or maybe even the Spectre), and of course Wonder Woman is the biggest name that needs to be brought to the forefront (all for DC - since Marvel does have the next phase coming through and don't need recommendations)

• Report this Comment On May 14, 2013, at 12:34 AM, TheSuperD wrote:

Be careful what you wish for! I was a big fan of the Ghost Rider comics when I was younger. I used to wish that they would make a movie.... until they did. Now I wish they hadn't.

• Report this Comment On May 14, 2013, at 12:43 AM, nicesweetguy75 wrote:

1. Wonder Woman to be played by eliza dushku

2. Spider-Woman to be played by Kate Beckinsale

3. Ms. Marvel to be played by Kaley Cuoco

• Report this Comment On May 14, 2013, at 12:44 AM, CrimsonSpectre wrote:

I would like to see

1) Firestorm the nuclear man

2) Rom Space Knight

3)A Man Called NOVA

I think that they would be great!!

• Report this Comment On May 14, 2013, at 12:57 AM, SuntanIronMan wrote:

I wish American theater animated films weren't automatically targeted at very young kids. I think some of these characters would work much better in animated form (like your Flash example).

Warner Bros. Animation has been a great job with straight-to-disc DC Comics movies. I would like to see what Bruce Timm and his usual directors could do with a theater film budget.

Batman: Year One was all kinds of awesome (minus some of the Batman parts ironically enough... more about how much of a bad mutha a younger Commissioner (Lt.) Gordon was). But while the straight-to-disc movies are able to target an older audience like the live-action movies, that for some reason seems impossible for animated theater films.

Something like Batman: Year One was actually had a more mature and grounded storyline than some of the recent live-action movies. No Batman Beyond or The Amazing Spider-Man MacGuffin bombs or a don't know how to end the story without an incredibly over-the-top fight scene' fight. Just a gritty story with a comparatively-subdued ending (subdued in a good way).

It is really a shame considering these are comic book characters. Comic book characters that are penciled and inked, but can only been seen on the big screen in live-action form. If someone could just figure out how to properly market an mature animated film to adult movie goers...

Considering Disney was primarily an animation studio not too long ago and they have done a fairly-mature super hero animated story with The Incredibles (heroes actual kill people, child superheroes indirectly responsible for the deaths of their potential murderers, the storyline of possibly marital infidelity, etc.), I am a little bit surprised that Disney has not animated anything similar to that theme-wise since acquiring Marvel.

I guess I'll just have to be content with the direct-to-disc movies. They have proven they don't need a big budget (even though it would be interesting to see what they could do with a larger budget).

• Report this Comment On May 14, 2013, at 1:01 AM, SuntanIronMan wrote:

*Just remembered that Pixar was not yet a Disney-owned company when The Incredibles was made and released, so maybe that is why.

• Report this Comment On May 14, 2013, at 1:14 AM, wetwrks wrote:

I would recommend looking to some of the other comic companies for good material.

Technology has finally reached the point that it can handle Magnus Robot Fighter.

Another fun one would be Turok Dinosaur Hunter.

How about Cadillacs and Dinosaurs.

For mainstream I would look to Marvels Deathlok. The older material was really good. Post apocalypse cyborg stuff.

• Report this Comment On May 14, 2013, at 1:18 AM, wetwrks wrote:

Another good one would be The Micronauts.

For a more fantasy movie I would look to DCs The Warlord.

• Report this Comment On May 14, 2013, at 1:21 AM, Castratia wrote:

I would love to see an X-Men movie that features more of Nightcrawler, if not a movie all about him. And I'm talking about the original swashbuckling, ladies man with the great sense of humor. Shadow Cats' (Kitty Pryde) "Fuzzy Elf". He always reminded me of a blue version of Douglas Fairbanks Jr. as, say Sinbad.

Love the votes for the Flaming Carrot and Howard the Duck as well.

But the one I have most wanted to see a movie version of for a very long time is ......... Groo, the Barbarian. Hopefully featuring the 2 witches, Arba and Dakarba. He's an obvious choice, as far as I'm concerned.

• Report this Comment On May 14, 2013, at 1:24 AM, ScottGH wrote:

I still have my Sin City graphic novel, Spawn issue 1, and Alien Vs. Predator issue 1.

A) I was like to see a better Spawn Movie made, one that does the comic book justice.

B) a movie based on Image Comics' Prophet would be awesome. The artwork of Stephan Platt done in the series has to be the best comic book art ever, translating the detail of the artist in a true to form way like in Frank Miller's Sin City would be amazing if you could pull it off for Stephen Platt's artwork.

• Report this Comment On May 14, 2013, at 2:04 AM, sahajtic wrote:

1.- x-force- cable, bishop etc.

2.- adam warlock

3.- rom the spacenight

4.- morbius (good guy villain)

• Report this Comment On May 14, 2013, at 2:16 AM, desarasoleil wrote:

1) Wonder Woman

PLEASE give me Wonder Woman, as an African-American girl, I don't get to see a lot of people I see my self in, demographic wise, when it comes to comics, and even more so when comic are brought to the screen. I may have been the only one, but I ADORED Halle Berry's Catwoman cause 10 year old me was like, "Hey, here's a girl who looks kinda like me doing all the cool superhero stuff I love!" I ate it up. At the very least, as times still progress, let me have my kickass Wonder Woman, no matter her ethicnicity. She very much deserves it and I'd just love to see a leading superwoman again.

2) The Flash

Oh the One-liners! If done right, it can be witty and action-packed and very much a joy.

3) Martian Manhunter

I can't think of any reason why this has happened yet.

• Report this Comment On May 14, 2013, at 3:26 AM, jayralez wrote:

Lone Wolf & Cub

DeathStroke the Terminator

Lobo

Gambit

Sandman (Neil Gaiman)

• Report this Comment On May 14, 2013, at 3:53 AM, enocr1967 wrote:

I would like to see Iron Fist would be one that I would like to see.

• Report this Comment On May 14, 2013, at 4:03 AM, ericday wrote:

Wonder Woman, Silver Surfer, and The Flash are probably in talks already at the studio exec meetings.

There are also still good cartoons that already have name recognition, and could transfer to the big screen well if done properly.

He-Man/She-Ra, Robotech, Thunder Cats, etc.

• Report this Comment On May 14, 2013, at 4:29 AM, rationalistone wrote:

I really liked "Armor" from Continuity comics. Also, I'd like to see a good Dragonball Z movie with a production value similar to IM3 or Man of Steel. Some World Breaker Hulk would be awesome too. I want to see Magneto rip out Wolverine's adamantium most of the way like in Fatal Attractions as well.

• Report this Comment On May 14, 2013, at 5:24 AM, AbuAmirah wrote:

Three comic book inspired movies I'd like to see would be 1) The Invisibles 2) The Blue Marvel and 3) Accident Man

• Report this Comment On May 14, 2013, at 6:26 AM, FSKI82 wrote:

Theonly one worth doing is.......................The Ambiguously Gay Duo

• Report this Comment On May 14, 2013, at 7:25 AM, TMFMileHigh wrote:

'Morning everyone,

There are a lot of great comments here. I can only address a few. First, though, I want to say thanks for weighing in. It's so fun for me to see some of my favorite comics and comic book characters spawning terrific films and TV shows.

Also, an update: Box Office Mojo has the worldwide gross for "Iron Man 3" at $949 million as of this writing.

Now, on to your comments ...

Tim

TMFMileHigh in CAPS and on the boards

@milehighfool on Twitter

• Report this Comment On May 14, 2013, at 7:41 AM, Scottie1958 wrote:

The Black Panther, Space Ghost and The Flash

• Report this Comment On May 14, 2013, at 7:45 AM, Loki405 wrote:

Not a single mention of Drizzt and the Dark Elf Series? For shame, and you call yourselves nerds....

• Report this Comment On May 14, 2013, at 7:47 AM, Loki405 wrote:

BAZINGA!

• Report this Comment On May 14, 2013, at 8:13 AM, jeremyke9906 wrote:

Thanos & The Infinity Gauntlet

W.I.L.D.C.A.T.S.

• Report this Comment On May 14, 2013, at 8:56 AM, venom1000000 wrote:

I agree a Flash big budget film could work now, especially with a supposed Justice League movie in the works over at Time/Warner. Doc Strange is a good bet as well.....I'm interested in seeing Marvel's take on a new Ghost Rider since they now have the movie rights to the character back. A Black Panther film would tie in very nicely to the Avengers franchise too.

• Report this Comment On May 14, 2013, at 8:59 AM, venom1000000 wrote:

Most of all, I'd love to see a big budget film based on the Main Man......LOBO!!!!

• Report this Comment On May 14, 2013, at 9:05 AM, cajunpirate wrote:

Gambit. Forget the Wolverine: Origins one. Base the first movie on the Gambit / Bella Donna Thieves / Assassins story, with Gambit coming into his powers (and his powers going out of control). A follow-up movie could feature Gambit / Sinister and the Mutant Massacre story, ending with Gambit rescuing a young Storm.

• Report this Comment On May 14, 2013, at 9:17 AM, CluckChicken wrote:

The majority of DC characters are boring, they are too clean, they lack the flaws to making them really interesting.

Doc Strange would be interesting but they would have to up the action some.

Think it would be more interesting if they went from the other side. A Doc Doom could be a better way to see the FF. I think Deadpool could prove to be a gold mine but I fear that would just get screwed up like the Punisher ones have been.

• Report this Comment On May 14, 2013, at 9:28 AM, bpetman wrote:

Superboy's journey into the future with the Legion of Superheroes fight the future Brainiac

• Report this Comment On May 14, 2013, at 9:33 AM, rafeuw wrote:

The Flash is DEFINITELY due. DC is so behind Marvel and I don't know why. Obvious teamups with Green Lantern offer a lot of possibilities. Those teamups were legendary in the DC Silver Age books, like GL 13 & 20, Flash 132, etc.

The other film that should be made is a JUSTICE LEAGUE film. Can't believe with the success fo the Avengers that DC isn't trying to make this happen. Wonder Woman would be great in the context of a JLA film and then maybe could sustain her own movie.

• Report this Comment On May 14, 2013, at 10:02 AM, TMFMileHigh wrote:

Here we go, starting with comments to some of my favorite lines:

@deelzbub,

>>Ut! Now is the time for greatness!

So, so true. Flaming Carrot lives!

@anth1225,

>>I'd like to see a trio Fantastic Four films focusing on their battles in the Negative Zone with Annilhus; then Galactus, then with the Kree.

Is that you, John Byrne? Awesome ideas. My favorite FF run outside of the early Kirby-Lee stories is Bryne's 232-292 (or thereabouts) run.

@nireyaj,

>>Both The Flash, and Aquaman, flopped on The Small Screen years ago, and would flop on The Big Screen, too.

Maybe, but have you seen the Aquaman pilot starring Justin Hartley? It's not bad.

Keep the ideas coming!

Foolish best,

Tim

TMFMileHigh in CAPS and on the boards

@milehighfool on Twitter

• Report this Comment On May 14, 2013, at 10:11 AM, TMFMileHigh wrote:

More comments, and more reactions ...

@gwesterbeck,

>>Maybe make a Defenders movie with Dr.Strange, The Sub Mariner, The Silver Surfer and The Hulk.

+1. There's only problems (I think). Fox definitely has the rights to the Surfer under its FF license, and the same may be true of the Sub-Mariner. Anyone care to confirm or clarify Marvel's film rights (or lack thereof) to Namor?

@MTheory118,

>>Green Lantern bombed b/c of a really crappy story, with a better story that character could do well. Wonder Woman needs a movie.

Couldn't agree more re GL. A bad story conceived by too many writers hurt that film's performance.

My wife agrees that Wonder Woman needs a film. So do I. After all, I'm old enough to remember the original TV series starring Lynda Carter.

@darthvdyr,

>>I would suggest deadman, Challengers of the unknown, A revamped Daredevil sub-Mariner not Aquaman. Enemy Ace Dr. Strange would be cool Dr. Fate also. The Martian Man-hunter would be great if done right

Enemy Ace *and* Challengers of the Unknown? You, sir, are my kind of nerd.

Back for more in a few.

Foolish best,

Tim

TMFMileHigh in CAPS and on the boards

@milehighfool on Twitter

• Report this Comment On May 14, 2013, at 10:12 AM, Bostonblue1 wrote:

Hi there ideas for comic book movies that should be made are at follows.

1. Wonder Woman should have been done already actress type would be Megan Fox Jessica Biel or actress from Wildfire Genevieve Cortese.

2. Nova

3. Dr. Fate or Dr. Strange DC or Marvel both deal withe the occult.

4. Alpha Flight

5. Firestorm

6. Capt. Marvel and Ms. Marvel

7. Super Girl Kate Bosworth

8. Atom

• Report this Comment On May 14, 2013, at 10:19 AM, TMFMileHigh wrote:

All,

If you'll indulge me for a moment, I want to point something out to the investors reading who may not be comics fans.

See the richness here? This massive character inventory is why I've been pounding the table for Disney and Time Warner for YEARS. It's why I still own shares of both stocks.

Of the two, DC and Warner has more unexplored territory and potentially more upside following the Time Inc. spin-off, but Disney is about as well positioned a business as you'll find anywhere. FWIW.

Now, back to your regularly scheduled programming ...

Foolish best,

Tim

TMFMileHigh in CAPS and on the boards

@milehighfool on Twitter

• Report this Comment On May 14, 2013, at 10:20 AM, cfiligrana wrote:

The Greatest American Hero,

that is all.

• Report this Comment On May 14, 2013, at 10:31 AM, TMFMileHigh wrote:

More of your comments, and more of my reactions ...

@InvisibleZombie,

>>BTW the Flash TV series had great FX, it wouldn't take too much modern tweaking to make them state-of-the-art! But please, have lightning strike a shelf of chemicals and then get on with the story! Is that too much to ask?!

:-) Agreed.

@TheDarkestCorner,

>>And looking at 4cooL63's list, a Luke Cage movie could be awesome, especially if you add the Iron Fist.

You what I can't figure out? Who would play Luke Cage? Will Smith? Or perhaps Isaiah Mustafa? I'd love to see the Fist in a film.

@pseudodragon,

>>I loved comics in my younger years. I'm surprised he didn't say anything about 'Hellboy' or 'Sin City' from Dark Horse Comics.

I've a good run of 'Sin City' in the drawerboxes to the right of my desk. I like a lot of those stories. Hard boiled, like an updated and crazier take on Chandler.

Did you know that 'A Dame to Kill For' is slated for Oct.? http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0458481/

@JPStetson545,

>>How about Green Arrow? There are many opportunites there! I mean it can be done.

Yup. Still one of my favorite characters, and I agree that the CW series is better than most thought it would be. Strong ratings too:

I'm off to work on some other articles but don't let me stop you. Keep those ideas coming!

Foolish best,

Tim

TMFMileHigh in CAPS and on the boards

@milehighfool on Twitter

• Report this Comment On May 14, 2013, at 10:47 AM, twizz656 wrote:

Honestly, every Marvel fan should be itching for a Secret Wars movie. Get all the heroes and villians, the main ones being the movies that have already been done, filling out the roster with a couple new, but minor people, with the exceptions of Beyonder, Galactus, and a few others. STICK TO THE STORY LINE, for the most part. Awesome movie that would rake in more money than any other movie for a very long time.

• Report this Comment On May 14, 2013, at 10:48 AM, twizz656 wrote:

Could even spread out the Secret Wars movie over several movies like the LOTR trilogy.

• Report this Comment On May 14, 2013, at 10:57 AM, Foolhardy88 wrote:

I agree with the Flash and have wanted to see him and GL for years. So we got our wish for Green Lantern. Unfortunately, they had the origin and GL Corps so right but just failed at putting the rest of a good story together anyone cared about.

Doctor Strange would be an interesting story but the key is finding a foe that works.

Would love to see Man-Thing brought in, even if just a side character.

• Report this Comment On May 14, 2013, at 11:57 AM, pauluap wrote:

One that's never been done: "Mandrake the Magician". One that was done one time, I think, "The Phantom" aka "ghost who walks"

• Report this Comment On May 14, 2013, at 12:33 PM, jmoore55 wrote:

What is the chance of a movie being made that involves characters from both Marvel and DC comics?

I think that would definitely be a HUGE money maker, especially if you have a conflict between characters like the Hulk and Superman or the Justice League against the Avengers.

That would be box office gold!

• Report this Comment On May 14, 2013, at 12:41 PM, okcsam wrote:

Some others I would like to see that have not been mentioned:

DC:

Dial H for Hero - a lot of possibilities here as the "Hero" is different each time envoked... have some "nerdy" normal person with the device and it could be a cross between "Greatest American Hero" and Green Lantern...

Marvel:

Kilraven - Martian's (from HG Wells War of the Worlds) take over the Earth and Kilraven leads a mutant/superhero team against them...

Or they could be creative and just Invent a new superhero - perhaps one set in Ancient times... Or on an Alien world...

• Report this Comment On May 14, 2013, at 2:23 PM, Zenzealot wrote:

This is a no brainer. They have already set the platform, now build the rocket and launch it! By far the best and most epic of storylines, which would open the door to every character in the marvel universe. Introduce:

Thanos > Galactus > Adam Warlock > Kree > Infinity Gauntlet series > from there--> Living Tribunal, Death, Eternity, The Watchers, The Imortals, etc, etc... It ties all existing movies together, and opens the door for any single character in the marvel universe to be introduced...

There is only one thing that must be done to not screw this up... You listening Marvelisney?!? DO NOT, REPEAT, DO NOT, let your director create his own story line!!!! These story lines are epic, and they are epic and have a following for a reason. Stan Lee knows his super hero storylines... and after this last Iron man, where you butchered the Mandarin, you have proven you do not... what a let down that was. You destroyed countless story lines and great back story to make another false prophet, 1984 style, Terrorist are bad type piece of propaganda crap. So lame. The real Mandarin and his story line was a million times better than the knock off Extremis bit. boooo!

• Report this Comment On May 14, 2013, at 2:39 PM, Ericcurl wrote:

I;m on board with the Sub-mariner and the Flash. The one I would really like to see is Forbush Man. Its time for a funny send up. The gag potential is almost limitless

• Report this Comment On May 14, 2013, at 2:53 PM, judeviv wrote:

My favorite all time is:

Groo the Barbarian

• Report this Comment On May 14, 2013, at 3:10 PM, dcg1786 wrote:

How about Blowfly? He wears a costume and has the super power of making people laugh through the use of dirty humor!!!!!

• Report this Comment On May 14, 2013, at 3:44 PM, jwarr3000 wrote:

I would love to see Deathstroke get incorporated somewhere... one of my faves

• Report this Comment On May 14, 2013, at 4:10 PM, nolongervisible wrote:

I think Dr Fate is a more interesting character than Dr Strange. So, I'd pick Fate over Strange.

Deadpool should have a movie.

Blue Beetle is an interesting character, too.

I'm more of a Marvel fan than DC. I think their characters are more realistic. A lot of Marvel characters have already been in movies already (Deadpool, Gambit). The Heroes for Hire could be good, too.

I just rambled.

• Report this Comment On May 14, 2013, at 5:01 PM, rjbatty wrote:

1. Wonder Woman

2. Shi

3. The Atom

4. Either Doctor Strange or Doctor Fate

5. Vapirella

• Report this Comment On May 19, 2013, at 3:08 PM, anth1225 wrote:

@twizz656: Secret Wars would have to be a trilogy but would be a great series if done right.

It was a masterpiece by Marvel that you could see happening in real life, and maybe even set in motion by the Avengers movie already done: the secret panel trying to control everything.

@TMFmilehigh: Glad you liked the ideas but no I'm not John Byrnes lol

I just remember reading those as a kid and they were riveting and could revive the FF franchise.

But they need to revamp the FF line-up; especially the guy who played Dr. Doom.

Don't ask me who to cast I have no idea but someone bigger for Ben Grimm (remember he fought the Hulk almost to a stand still everytime) and people who would have the chemistry working together that was definately missing in the movies.