In kicking off its sixth annual Google (NASDAQ: GOOGL ) I/O developer conference, Google announced five key product announcements across its mobile, browser, social media, search, and maps services.
With more than 6,000 developers in attendance in San Francisco, Google unveiled the following product developments:
- Android and Google Play: Google unveiled Google Play Music All Access, a monthly music subscription service.
- Chrome: Google previewed its updated browser that will allows for faster video-streaming performance and faster payments.
- Google+: Google has redesigned its social network to emphasize online photo-viewing, and it has upgraded Google+ Hangouts to combine text, photos, and video across Android, iOS, and desktop platforms.
- Search: Search now has a voice input. Users get a "spoken" response and can also receive location-based reminders.
- Maps: Google showed a preview of the the next iteration of Google Maps, which will be more customizable, with relevant information on tailored maps.
Google I/O is a three-day conference that lasts until Friday.