Ford's F-150 Is Powering Big Sales Gains

The pace of U.S. auto sales slowed in April, but sales numbers look set for a rebound in May, say analysts. Powering that rebound: sales of full-sized pickups. That bodes well for Detroit, and especially for Ford (NYSE: F  ) .

In this video, Fool contributor John Rosevear breaks down the the forecasts -- and explains the implications for profits at both Ford and General Motors (NYSE: GM  ) .

• Report this Comment On May 27, 2013, at 12:15 PM, dwduke wrote:

Ford makes the best truck period. GM's new Silverado will need lots of marketing to sell that new lackluster pickup. To bad for GM; they just can't pick up the pace and beat Ford.

• Report this Comment On May 27, 2013, at 12:24 PM, Chimaa wrote:

I have owned various trucks in the past and I now I'm a very proud owner of a fully loaded Platinum V8 4x4 F150. The truck is now two years old (I bought it in 2012 as a 2011 left over) and still to this day, looks like it rolled off the show room floor. I hand wash the truck once a week and hand wax the truck twice a year myself. This is the best 2nd truck I have ever owned.

Ford - PLEASE bring back the full size Eddie Bauer Bronco.

• Report this Comment On May 27, 2013, at 12:47 PM, Chimaa wrote:

Dwduke - I have to agree with your thoughts. I always felt Silverado had the potential and may have finally did it with their 2014 models along with new line of engines. However, like all brand NEW designs, flaws do follow. I'll wait for the small kinks to be worked out and will revisit them in 2015 for my wife. The truck I have now (fully loaded Platinum V8 4x4 F150), I plan on keeping for the next ten years.

• Report this Comment On May 27, 2013, at 1:59 PM, matstery wrote:

How dare American's exercise their freedom of choice and purchase these "gas guzzling" pickups that meet their needs. Everyone should have a Prius shoved down his throat to protect the environment.

• Report this Comment On May 27, 2013, at 5:43 PM, robdeere wrote:

I have a new 2013 F-150 4x4 STX with the 5.0 V8! This truck is not only fast, it is a show stopper. Dudes look at it like it was their first girlfriend and girls seem to like it too.

G.M. trucks just dont look as tuff as the Fords.

I've yet to have a G.M. blow by me and in the parking lot it seems that someone is always looking at my truck not the G.M trucks parked close by.

Buy one! You will be glad you did!

• Report this Comment On May 27, 2013, at 11:04 PM, guitaristbass wrote:

You guys have done it again; out her in here in the hinterland the real is not ford, but DODGE; get a freaking clue; "read them & weep" as clueless sages of no worth--got it??

• Report this Comment On May 27, 2013, at 11:04 PM, ADrolson wrote:

i wouldn't want to put gas in these gas hog trucks. i have to have 40 mpg or more. it is ridiculous to drive a truck at $4.25 a gallon

DocumentId: 2453772, ~/Articles/ArticleHandler.aspx, 4/20/2014 10:24:00 AM