Today, AT&T (NYSE: T ) said it will launch the new Samsung Galaxy S4 Active exclusively on its network, with pre-orders beginning June 14. The new S4 Active offers the same features as the regular Galaxy S4, but with enhanced durability.
The S4 Active has an IP67 water and dust-resistant certification, and can capture pictures and video underwater. The five-inch display is also made from Gorilla® Glass for scratch resistance and durability.
In a press release, Jeff Bradley, AT&T's senior vice president of devices and developer services, said, "The Galaxy S4 Active is a high-performance smartphone with a stylish, protective design to keep up with the demands of everyday life. It's truly summer-proof."
The phone also comes with the standard Galaxy S4 features, including:
- Air View™: Users can hover their finger over the screen to preview files, photos, and links.
- Air Gesture™: Allows users to skip songs, photos, check notifications, or even answer calls by waving their hand across the screen.
- Eraser Shot: Remove unwanted backgrounds from a photo or video.
- Drama Shot: Time-lapse video capturing.
- Samsung Smart Pause: Videos pause when the phone detects a user isn't watching.
AT&T will begin selling the Galaxy S4 Active online and in stores on June 21, but customers can pre-order the device online starting tomorrow by going to www.att.com/galaxys4active. The phone will cost $199.99 with a two-year agreement.