Today, AT&T (NYSE:T) said it will launch the new Samsung Galaxy S4 Active exclusively on its network, with pre-orders beginning June 14. The new S4 Active offers the same features as the regular Galaxy S4, but with enhanced durability.
The S4 Active has an IP67 water and dust-resistant certification, and can capture pictures and video underwater. The five-inch display is also made from Gorilla® Glass for scratch resistance and durability.
In a press release, Jeff Bradley, AT&T's senior vice president of devices and developer services, said, "The Galaxy S4 Active is a high-performance smartphone with a stylish, protective design to keep up with the demands of everyday life. It's truly summer-proof."
The phone also comes with the standard Galaxy S4 features, including:
- Air View™: Users can hover their finger over the screen to preview files, photos, and links.
- Air Gesture™: Allows users to skip songs, photos, check notifications, or even answer calls by waving their hand across the screen.
- Eraser Shot: Remove unwanted backgrounds from a photo or video.
- Drama Shot: Time-lapse video capturing.
- Samsung Smart Pause: Videos pause when the phone detects a user isn't watching.
AT&T will begin selling the Galaxy S4 Active online and in stores on June 21, but customers can pre-order the device online starting tomorrow by going to www.att.com/galaxys4active. The phone will cost $199.99 with a two-year agreement.
Fool contributor Chris Neiger has no position in any stocks mentioned. The Motley Fool has no position in any of the stocks mentioned. Try any of our Foolish newsletter services free for 30 days. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.